ADVERTISEMENT

Dino Babers

Easy solution. Fire Muschamp immediately. Promote Bobo to interim through end of season. Hire Josh Heupel (UCF). Heupel is 42 years old, former Heisman trophy runner-up at QB and won natty at Oklahoma in 2000. He is 25-6 (12-1, 10-3, 3-2) at UCF and also former OC at Mizzou. Next choice is Billy Napier (ULL) who is 21-11 (7-7, 11-3, and 4-1). He has been an assistant at Clemson and Alabama and QB at Furman. Hire one of these and we get out of the ditch (8 of last 13 losses have been for 20+ points) and get the last 5 years behind us. No Dino at 59 for us.

I know what you're saying, but I don't care how competitive you are if you only have 1 winning season in 5 years. We need a young energetic offensive mind line Heupel. Or however you spell it

I know what you're saying, but I don't care how competitive you are if you only have 1 winning season in 5 years. We need a young energetic offensive mind line Heupel. Or however you spell it

What has Heupel done?

He was fired from his Alma mater by Stoops, had an OK run at Mizzou as OC and stepped into UCF which he did not build and has managed to lose a few games he probably shouldn’t have.

Why is he the guy?

giphy.gif

Reactions: Gradstudent
What has Heupel done?

He was fired from his Alma mater by Stoops, had an OK run at Mizzou as OC and stepped into UCF which he did not build and has managed to lose a few games he probably shouldn’t have.

Why is he the guy?

Exactly.

Frost was the success at UCF. Left to return home to Nebraska, now they’re going to be embarrassed having to fire him in another year or so.

Napier has done absolutely nothing to indicate he’d be a success here.

Everyone’s hot and bothered to commence firing, but who exactly do you think we’re going to hire?

If Michigan doesn’t beat OSU, handwritings on the wall for nutty Harbaugh. Who are they going to get better results from?

Texas is only going to give Herman another year or so if they aren’t returned to national prominence, who are they going to hire?

Pruitt’s seat is so hot he’s firing coaches during the game, who’s UT going to hire?

And we’re just going to dump our staff and bring in a great one immediately?

Gosh, never knew it was so easy to snap up a winning staff, and convince them to right the ship at a program that’s been historically mediocre with the exception of a handful of seasons.

So....realistically, who’s it gonna be? Someone throw out a reasonable suggestion. Exhuming Knute Rockne and Vince Lombardi, combining their DNA and cloning a HBC is NOT a viable option.

One guy out there I think is worth it, Joe Brady @ The Panthers. He can run an offense and any one he gets to run defense has to be as good as what's there now.

Reactions: EgotisticalGamecock
He runs a tight ship and gets the best out of his players.
So we should fire a guy with a roughly .500 winning percentage here and hire a guy who has a losing record in the ACC? Currently 1-5? That is who we need to go after? May as well let Ray Tanner coach the FB team... SMH.

I get the feeling we need to make changes. I do not think “anyone would be better than what we have now”- Babers is an example of one who would not be better.

Comes out of an inferior league in which he has not recorded enough wins. And he is a little long in the tooth to boot.
I thought you were addressing Campbell as “not the guy”. Also, there are good coaches in the ACC and other conferences

I thought you were addressing Campbell as “not the guy”. Also, there are good coaches in the ACC and other conferences
I was going with the thread title. As for the good coaches in the ACC, you wouldn't hire one who didn't have a better record than Babers. The work sheet just isn't good enough.

Reactions: Gradstudent
I was going with the thread title. As for the good coaches in the ACC, you wouldn't hire one who didn't have a better record than Babers. The work sheet just isn't good enough.
I agree about the worksheet. That would eliminate Clauson(misspelled) at Wake. But if you look at what he’s doing with far less talent he’s a good one IMO. I really like Campbell but would he leave the Midwest. Carolina is a good opportunity for someone like him. Good facilities and lots of fans

Reactions: king ward
He runs a tight ship and gets the best out of his players.

Dude, come on.

Babers is 24-31 at Syracuse, so far this year he’s 1-5.

His overall conference record is 13-24. He’s had one winning season.

Some of you need to step away from the bong.

We aren’t a legacy job that a winning coach at a high level is going to want to come to. Hiring someone from a smaller program is a gamble.

There are several high profile programs who are likely going to be firing coaches after this (or next) year.

Some of you seem like you’re throwing darts at balloons that have names inserted in them.

Reactions: king ward
Dude, come on.

Babers is 24-31 at Syracuse, so far this year he’s 1-5.

His overall conference record is 13-24. He’s had one winning season.

Some of you need to step away from the bong.

We aren’t a legacy job that a winning coach at a high level is going to want to come to. Hiring someone from a smaller program is a gamble.

There are several high profile programs who are likely going to be firing coaches after this (or next) year.

Some of you seem like you’re throwing darts at balloons that have names inserted in them.
You know, I laughed hard at this. Thanks.

It sounded good in my head. Look, I was pissed off alright.

I got ya brother...I understand.

Gotta think logically, not emotionally.

Sucks getting blown out by LSU, especially because even after all of their personnel losses after last year they’re still more talented and athletic than we are.

And even with that, a perfectly played game could’ve gone either way. We made too many mistakes.

I sincerely hope the powers to be have the wits to be working on this right now. With the budget restrictions from the CV crisis, this needs to be an even smarter move than what normally is done.

We may be forced to look at a lower cost option, which may still work in our favor.

Syracuse is a hard place to win. The ACC is an easy place to win.

On balance, I don't think Baber is that great coach. He does seem like a stand-up guy though.

We should kick Muschamp to the curb and hire this guy. Bobo stays as OC.

Really? This guy just got trucked by Liberty at home. He had an initial period of decency when he first got to Syracuse, but nothing great. Been on a downhill track since. He even got beat by GT this year. I know the longer we keep Will around it looks like the total intent is to destroy the program permanently, but let's not make it obvious. Dino......please.

Easy solution. Fire Muschamp immediately. Promote Bobo to interim through end of season. Hire Josh Heupel (UCF). Heupel is 42 years old, former Heisman trophy runner-up at QB and won natty at Oklahoma in 2000. He is 25-6 (12-1, 10-3, 3-2) at UCF and also former OC at Mizzou. Next choice is Billy Napier (ULL) who is 21-11 (7-7, 11-3, and 4-1). He has been an assistant at Clemson and Alabama and QB at Furman. Hire one of these and we get out of the ditch (8 of last 13 losses have been for 20+ points) and get the last 5 years behind us. No Dino at 59 for us.
No to everything you just said. Bobo is not head coach material, not even on an interim basis and I’m not sold on Josh Heupel because the guy didn’t build anything! He was handed the keys to a new Lexus, and to me it looks like he’s missed a few “oil changes” the last couple years. Billy Napier seems like a good choice but for some reason I feel he would be mediocre here. Let’s see if he can continue building that team down in Louisiana. They win their next 5 games I’m sold.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT