ADVERTISEMENT

Disgraceful that Alisha and Kaela are being attacked

Most people are saddened but supportive. It's way more good than bad, from what I'm seeing. There's never going to be unanimity in matters of this kind. Why get worked up about it? Those young women will put it all in the rear-view mirror.

on twitter by so called Gamecock fans. Adults attacking kids cause the adults aren't happy with the kids decision to pursue their dreams. Really disgusting.

If true, I would bet it is posers trying to stir the pot and make our program look bad.
We would be better to ignore it, than posting about it.

If true, I would bet it is posers trying to stir the pot and make our program look bad.
We would be better to ignore it, than posting about it.

Not posers. One a G-Hive member and known Gamecock fan. Of course the best way to solve an injustice is to ignore it. History has certainly taught us that. Sweep it under the rug and hope no one notices the lump.

Most people are saddened but supportive. It's way more good than bad, from what I'm seeing. There's never going to be unanimity in matters of this kind. Why get worked up about it? Those young women will put it all in the rear-view mirror.

Ward I'm not worked up. . . just disgusted.

Reactions: Golden Cock
Hey, if that's what they decided then more power too them they help hand us our championship and we should appreciate them. They did everything Dawn ask of them so good luck ladies and thank you.

Reactions: roosterbell
People whine about everything on twitter.

Yes. Unfortunately a lot of people will say things behind a keyboard that they would never say to someone's face. In whatever form it takes adults attacking kids is never ok. What I read rises above whining. It was attacking.

Yes. Unfortunately a lot of people will say things behind a keyboard that they would never say to someone's face. In whatever form it takes adults attacking kids is never ok. What I read rises above whining. It was attacking.

They are not kids anymore - each of them are at least 20 years old. However, I do agree with you that no one should give them a hard time for leaving.

Not posers. One a G-Hive member and known Gamecock fan. Of course the best way to solve an injustice is to ignore it. History has certainly taught us that. Sweep it under the rug and hope no one notices the lump.

Ward I'm not worked up. . . just disgusted.

Post the tweets and publicly shame the person(s) or take king's advice and let it go.

Eat a good supper and kick back. You'll feel better.

Really, from the mature poster who constantly freaks out after a loss? THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE! Blah, blah, blah.

Word of advice, practice what your preach.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Minarcsik
don't be too hard on our fans...we have some young immature silly fans like everyone else...we are all shocked at this development...i can't see how anyone would leave our situation to enter the WNBA draft early...but it's their choice and i respect it...i suspect that many of our fans are in shock...i was counting on back to back championships...i was counting on the CLA rocking in February as we kick UCONNs ass...Those things might still happen...The hill just got a lot steeper to climb...But i digress, we still have the best player in the country returning with a great backcourt, talented forwards and a very good recruiting class...

Reactions: chicken_joy

I think we forget they were here 2 years not 1 bc we didn't see them play last year. Disappointed,yes. Is it my place to question their decision, no. I am not in their shoes nor is it my business as a FAN not their family to know why or give my opinion on what they should do with their lives.

Last edited:
This lady and supposed 'fan' and I use that term loosely, was attacking her personally saying she has no chance in the WNBA. Totally uncalled for and she handled it with grace and more maturely than this older woman. People act entitled like they owe them an explanation for their life decisions.

From an athletic standpoint, I understand the decision to leave. More importantly, and notwithstanding playing for USC or not going forward, are either of them scheduled to graduate at the end of the semester?

We are new basketball fans here in a sense so we have some growing pains to get through. Staley is building a dynasty in Columbia, a juggernaut. She is getting the best of the best women's basketball players. Soon she will be like coach Caligari or coach K.

These players want to play ball for the most part. They are not interested in going to class, grades are degrees. I'm in no way suggesting Davis or Gray feel this way, I'm speaking in general. Therefore we need to prepare ourselves to see and expect some of our best players (maybe the men's team too) to leave early.

I'm not saying it's good or bad it's just what happens to successful teams. No matter where we fans think they will be drafted or guessing on how good of a decision it is, it's not our position to judge them. I think we should thank them for their contribution to the Gamecocks and wish them well and open our arms and welcome them back when they come back to visit

Is it strange that people who draw a paycheck every other week somehow begrudge another person from doing the same thing?

The hypocrisy goes deeper than that. I'm sure no Gamecock fan lost any sleep over how Georgia Tech fans felt when Davis decided to transfer. Davis did what she believed was in her best interest then and she's doing what she believes to be in her best interest now. We managed to win a national championship because of the decisions she's made (we don't beat FSU without, that's for sure). We were fortunate she chose to play here, if only for a year, and most of us will be forever grateful.

If everyone got along on twitter then what would there be to talk about. I stay away from the site. You would hope these women are not taking some "fan" criticizing them online seriously or personally.

I wonder if the same people will criticize Dozier if he goes pro.
For my part, I don't see him as NBA ready. But if he goes, I'll never say anything other than that. I'll hope the best for him.

As for this supposed widespread criticism of these young women, it seems that it has been reduced to very few people, one in particular. The reaction of others is out of all proportion to the offense - but I suppose that's what makes the world go 'round in the Internet Epoch. I don't have any problem with people disagreeing. But really, it ought to be directed to those who committed the breach and not be responded to in a way that makes the criticism seem rampant, which it isn't.

I'm so glad I don't use Twitter.
I got off Twitter before the last political cycle and I haven't been back. With my penchant for jumping into various frays, and with the extreme and sometimes abusive way people express themselves on there, it's really not a good place for me to be. There's no use wallowing around with people whom you can never influence.

These young women have been in college for four years and should be seniors academically and on track to graduate. I believe Alisha is an engineering student. It is not hard to graduate in four years if you do not change your major and do not have to work at all to put yourself through college. While I was surprised at first when I heard this, and we certainly will miss their talent, it makes sense that they are ready to move on a get a real job in the real world. I wish them much success.

Reactions: king ward
These young women have been in college for four years and should be seniors academically and on track to graduate. I believe Alisha is an engineering student. It is not hard to graduate in four years if you do not change your major and do not have to work at all to put yourself through college. While I was surprised at first when I heard this, and we certainly will miss their talent, it makes sense that they are ready to move on a get a real job in the real world. I wish them much success.
Is it OK if I wish one or both of them needed to go to grad school really bad? Or would that make me repressive?

on twitter by so called Gamecock fans. Adults attacking kids cause the adults aren't happy with the kids decision to pursue their dreams. Really disgusting.
Most dont know that technically they are seniors with a year of eligibility remaining.

Davis is the engineering major. She transferred from Georgia Tech. Gray transferred from UNC (insert joke here).

Most don't know that technically they are seniors with a year of eligibility remaining.
I was aware of that, which is why I mentioned if they are graduating at the end of the semester.
If you transfer schools, it's possible that the new institution may not accept all of the courses from the old one as counting towards your degree. Maybe they went to summer school for the past two years to "catch up" if needed.

I was aware of that, which is why I mentioned if they are graduating at the end of the semester.
If you transfer schools, it's possible that the new institution may not accept all of the courses from the old one as counting towards your degree. Maybe they went to summer school for the past two years to "catch up" if needed.
They all attend summer school.

Reactions: atl-cock

Most people understand and are supportive of their decision. We have to remember that clemson's whole identity is in berating Carolina. Their school was founded on hatred of USC. Those who are attacking them are most likely clem fans breathing their hate.

There are people on Twitter you can't get any sleep at night over a Pepsi commercial.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT