ADVERTISEMENT

Do the commitments of Bryant (SF) and Bolden (2G) mean Jalek Felton is not

I don’t think Frank would take another transfer with the George Washington transfer already committed. But idk tbh, he could ya never know.

I would not take Felton

What a strange case.

This kid had some kind of a mishap with the school and Coach Roy Williams knew nothing of it until he read about it in the papers (like someone we all know and love). Jalek was suspended from the University, decided to retain a lawyer and withdrew from UNC.

Just hope Jalek gets, (or has gotten) his basketball and life back together. Not good treatment for a South Carolina athlete from that bastion of basketball integrity, UNC.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/mens-basketball/article202915834.html

blame the university... that's always the first move when little information is available due to disclosure limitations and the players attorney is the only one running his/her mouth
....especially when the player in on your favorite team or in this case from your favorite teams state and could possibly end up playing for your favorite team.

..... aint being a fan great!!

blame the university... that's always the first move when little information is available due to disclosure limitations and the players attorney is the only one running his/her mouth
....especially when the player in on your favorite team or in this case from your favorite teams state and could possibly end up playing for your favorite team.

..... aint being a fan great!!

Yes, being a fan is the greatest!

i am old enough to remember the "fairness" of the ACC "referees" when we played UNC in the Frank McGuire era. I will never forget this, and the UNC fake class cheating scandal, combined with the NCAA whitewash. Plus, I don't like them stealing a SC recruit, promising him the moon, then ???? not delivering.

I just hope the way UNC treats 4* or 5* South Carolina basketball recruits comes up time and time again during the recruitment process.

And, by the way, I may be a bit partisan.

Yes, being a fan is the greatest!

i am old enough to remember the "fairness" of the ACC "referees" when we played UNC in the Frank McGuire era. I will never forget this, and the UNC fake class cheating scandal, combined with the NCAA whitewash. Plus, I don't like them stealing a SC recruit, promising him the moon, then ???? not delivering.

I just hope the way UNC treats 4* or 5* South Carolina basketball recruits comes up time and time again during the recruitment process.

And, by the way, I may be a bit partisan.

And i'll never forget the steroid abuse at South Carolina in 1987

..... it works both ways, and college sports has always been full of scandal

What a strange case.

This kid had some kind of a mishap with the school and Coach Roy Williams knew nothing of it until he read about it in the papers (like someone we all know and love). Jalek was suspended from the University, decided to retain a lawyer and withdrew from UNC.

Just hope Jalek gets, (or has gotten) his basketball and life back together. Not good treatment for a South Carolina athlete from that bastion of basketball integrity, UNC.

Maybe the next player from SC will think twice about going there, that being said what Jalek was accused of doing and the fact that somehow their was enough proof via written texts/emails of the wrong doing is not a good look for Jalek as well if it ever got officially out.

The scandals are not comparable. If the steroid abuse scandal had lasted for decades, then they might be comparable. USC has had its blips but for Ucheat cheating is a way of life.

Steroid use was all over the Country then. I remember another article in SI that talked about steroid use at the HS level...over 60%. What do you think it was at the College and Professional level at that time? The only reason you know about it, is that a Carolina player came forward and admitted to it.

Steroid use was all over the Country then. I remember another article in SI that talked about steroid use at the HS level...over 60%. What do you think it was at the College and Professional level at that time? The only reason you know about it, is that a Carolina player came forward and admitted to it.
No one covered for USC in the steroid abuse scandal. The NCAA exonerated UNC for 17 years of academic fraud without even a slap on the wrist. Of course, the head basketball coach at UNC knew nothing of the scandalous practice of no classes, and no work for academic credit, until he read about it in the paper, just like the rest of us.

Reactions: aj&uscgrad
USC was penalized for the steroid scandal. UNCs athletic department threw theor university under the bus to get out of trouble by saying not only athletes were taking those classes. Makes you wonder if your neighbor with the degree from UNC really earned that piece of paper...

Also, if I give money to a random USC student, can I then pay student-athletes?

If the sham classes were not about athletics, wouldn't the athletes have been outnumbered in those classes by 100 to 1?

To everyone outside of Chapel Hill, a UNC-CH diploma isn't worth the piece of paper that didn't have to be turned in to pass the class that didn't require attendance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT