ADVERTISEMENT

Do you trust Ray Tanner to make the next hire?

usc89

May 29, 2001
Will Muschamp will likely not be fired this year due to the reality of the financial situation this year.

However, USC could afford to fire or reassign Ray. The question is will they?
Most do not trust him to make the next football hire, nor should they. Hiring a new AD now would allow that person to evaluate program prior to having to bring in new HC.

Tanner has done an overall poor job with the AD as a whole. But his decision to hire Muschamp, which no one second guessed because they all first guessed it at the time, is unforgivable.

HELL-NAW.gif

The b
I trust Ray Tanner and the President to not rock they boat. President slid in as a buddy hire. They not making any waves.
The boat is not only rocking, it’s on the verge of tipping over and sinking to the bottom. Its time to rock the boat.......can I hear a “Rock the Boat, Caslen”

Tanner still in the bunker shouting out orders, moving troops that no longer exist. He's not thinking about replacements.

Reactions: Flameout12
One way to look at it is that it has been 5 years and he may have learned a few lessons from the last time and would do a better job this time. But I'm not someone who believes that to be true.

Please Mr. Caslen, Move Ray out of the AD position. Hire a new AD, one who demands excellence and does not tolerate mediocrity. Have him evaluate the program and let Will go quietly and hire a new staff. Please I beg of you Mr. Caslen, this is in tolerable. Ray and Will are not up top the task. They are both good men, but they are currently out matched.

After 5 years of our defensive minded coach, we have gotten pushed around up front on the defensive side of the ball by every opponent. This is not acceptable.

Although I’m not a Tanner fan, our athletic department has made significant progress in sports which aren’t revenue producers. Baseball and men’s basketball are looking up Softball, soccer, golf, etc are nationally ranked. Women’s basketball is #1. For all the hell RT deservedly catches, he has done some good things as well.

Although I’m not a Tanner fan, our athletic department has made significant progress in sports which aren’t revenue producers. Baseball and men’s basketball are looking up Softball, soccer, golf, etc are nationally ranked. Women’s basketball is #1. For all the hell RT deservedly catches, he has done some good things as well.

Doing well at the peripheral is not doing well.

Please Mr. Caslen, Move Ray out of the AD position. Hire a new AD, one who demands excellence and does not tolerate mediocrity. Have him evaluate the program and let Will go quietly and hire a new staff. Please I beg of you Mr. Caslen, this is in tolerable. Ray and Will are not up top the task. They are both good men, but they are currently out matched.

After 5 years of our defensive minded coach, we have gotten pushed around up front on the defensive side of the ball by every opponent. This is not acceptable.
Mr. Caslen = Gen. Caslen

Reactions: GMClemson33
Anyone that would trust Ray to do anything related to being AD other than fundraise is an idiot.

Ray at this point is borderline being disremembered as a Gamecock. It is sad but true. His massive failure as an AD has undone the back to back CWS titles.

Reactions: trekcock
Anyone that would trust Ray to do anything related to being AD other than fundraise is an idiot.

Ray at this point is borderline being disremembered as a Gamecock. It is sad but true. His massive failure as an AD has undone the back to back CWS titles.
Yep, only at Carolina could the most legendary coach destroy his legacy.

I would give all that up for one football trophy.

Reactions: The Coup Nazi
In the end, all that matters is Men’s sports. Football, Basketball, then Baseball. Baseball is a distant third. Don’t believe me then look at TV ratings. No one cares about the other sports. Outside of super elite teams — attendance is basically zip.
how many of you go tennis matches or track meets?

In the end, all that matters is Men’s sports. Football, Basketball, then Baseball. Baseball is a distant third. Don’t believe me then look at TV ratings. No one cares about the other sports. Outside of super elite teams — attendance is basically zip.
how many of you go tennis matches or track meets?
If this was the business world, then that would be like saying he was a good store manager even though the store was basically going to be shut down to losing money and poor customer service yet you claim he is a good manager as the trash cans are always emptied on time.

dontgetcrazy-300x300.png

Reactions: The Coup Nazi
Next AD will do what they all do...hire search firm and make a hire from short list of options.
Anyone think Arkansas AD was a genius when he hired Sam Pittman?? LOL
How bout Hyman when hired Darin Horn?? Worst hire in school history
There will be better pool of coaches available next time out regardless of AD.

There will be better pool of coaches available next time out regardless of AD.
Almost certainly not as many vacancies this year....less vacancies=less competition for upgrades.
The dice may roll in our favor....but I would be aware of the alleged "home run hire".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT