ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone have some money i could borrow?

SparkleCity

Jan 15, 2021
I need gas for my lawn mower. $3.73 a gallon in Northern Spartanburg. What's your prediction for how high it will go? My guess would be $4.97

I need gas for my lawn mower. $3.73 a gallon in Northern Spartanburg. What's your prediction for how high it will go? My guess would be $4.97
Invest in the stock market, after doing due diligence, and you might become a multi-millionaire. I know someone who has achieved that, just by doing that since last year.

Invest in the stock market, after doing due diligence, and you might become a multi-millionaire. I know someone who has achieved that, just by doing that since last year.
It may very well be a waste of money!! Loos like Putin is running the world and we have an idiot with his finger on the nuclear Holocaust button.

I have no idea where gas prices are headed.

I have cut back a bit on my driving- as much as I can. But I'm not driving anywhere near as much as I was a few years ago. My job has changed and driving a lot isn't required anymore. Before COVID, I was driving probably 35,000 miles a year. I'm driving less than 10,000 miles a year now - and probably less than 8,000 if I actually sat down and ran the numbers. My wife only drives about 10 miles roundtrip to and from work so we don't spend much on gas.

I cut out cable tv last year because I was wasting money on it so that's saving me some money. These mild temps lately have helped me just cut off my HVAC system. I track my electricity costs each day and I've went from over $11 a day in early to mid February to around $5.30 a day here in early March.

My high schooler landed a job so he's paying his gas now and a few others odds and ends that I was paying so quite honestly - my costs haven't increased if I look at my costs right now compared to 3-6 months ago.

I have no idea where gas prices are headed.

I have cut back a bit on my driving- as much as I can. But I'm not driving anywhere near as much as I was a few years ago. My job has changed and driving a lot isn't required anymore. Before COVID, I was driving probably 35,000 miles a year. I'm driving less than 10,000 miles a year now - and probably less than 8,000 if I actually sat down and ran the numbers. My wife only drives about 10 miles roundtrip to and from work so we don't spend much on gas.

I cut out cable tv last year because I was wasting money on it so that's saving me some money. These mild temps lately have helped me just cut off my HVAC system. I track my electricity costs each day and I've went from over $11 a day in early to mid February to around $5.30 a day here in early March.

My high schooler landed a job so he's paying his gas now and a few others odds and ends that I was paying so quite honestly - my costs haven't increased if I look at my costs right now compared to 3-6 months ago.
Your cost have increased, you have just cut back and doing without. You have to compare apples to apples, or maybe this is the new math I've been hearing about.

Your cost have increased, you have just cut back and doing without. You have to compare apples to apples, or maybe this is the new math I've been hearing about.

Costs for individual items have increased for me like anyone else- but I've off-set those so at the end of the week/month I have the same or more money in my account- anyone can call it whatever they like

Let's just way it's not impacting me as much because of adjustments.

My wife joined a farmers market food cooperative too which provides our vegetables and fruits at a fixed cost instead of having to buy them at the grocery store where prices have increased the most. It's made a nice impact.

Also started changing the oil in my vehicles myself. Been meaning to do that for a long time but decided I'd go ahead and start doing it. I have 4 vehicles so that's saving me about $40 an oil change. But that's not as bi a savings because we don't drive as much as we did outside of my 18 year old.

All anyone can do is what they can do. I haven't missed anything I've given up - especially cable tv. I thought I would. Of course they are calling me with all sorts of offers now and I don't think I'd go back if they paid me to take it. Well, maybe I would if they paid me.

Now, when the temps to start to get into the high 80s every day I am not going to be able to leave my HVAC off. So those costs will return a bit. I am thinking about replacing my 19 year old heat pump for a new, efficient one to save money in the long run. Because at 19 years old, the odds are it's going to go out on my 1 day before the hottest day of the summer.

I will add though- I haven't felt like complaining about my prices lately personally (just me)

Seeing the pictures of what is happening to so many people in Ukraine has made me reflect a bit on how good I really do have it.

I will add though- I haven't felt like complaining about my prices lately personally (just me)

Seeing the pictures of what is happening to so many people in Ukraine has made me reflect a bit on how good I really do have it.
Yeah you’d think that while we have the ability to watch Ukrainians getting murdered and their cities destroyed there would be bigger things to whine about than paying more for gas.

Ironically they’re probably paying just as much for a gallon of milk and I doubt it will work as good in the gas tank.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Yeah you’d think that while we have the ability to watch Ukrainians getting murdered and their cities destroyed there would be bigger things to whine about than paying more for gas.

Ironically they’re probably paying just as much for a gallon of milk and I doubt it will work as good in the gas tank.
It wasn’t this way before the Clown got elected. Just saying!! Why is it now?? Putin was scared of our last POTUS, gasoline and other needs were affordable, so make your concessions, good for you, however I remember “ the good ole days” of low prices, minority unemployment lowest ever, stocked shelves, secure America, etc etc etc but hey, I guess that was asking too much, MY BAD!!!

It wasn’t this way before the Clown got elected. Just saying!! Why is it now?? Putin was scared of our last POTUS, gasoline and other needs were affordable, so make your concessions, good for you, however I remember “ the good ole days” of low prices, minority unemployment lowest ever, stocked shelves, secure America, etc etc etc but hey, I guess that was asking too much, MY BAD!!!
Please be more specific of when these “good ole days” occurred. I want to make sure we point out all that was going on during those times.

I don’t think those parents in Ukraine losing their kids to missile attacks get their kids back, but carry on about “the pain” at the pump.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Inflation is not good. I agree with you there. But more jobs were created under Biden in the first 14 months of his presidency than any others' first 14 months. And I was critical of Biden on what I considered poor planning in the withdrawal from Afghanistan. But he has done a superb job of uniting the West against Putin. And Trump's own national security advisor, John Bolton, said Putin was waiting for Trump to withdraw the U.S. from NATO in a 2nd term.

Please be more specific of when these “good ole days” occurred. I want to make sure we point out all that was going on during those times.

I don’t think those parents in Ukraine losing their kids to missile attacks get their kids back, but carry on about “the pain” at the pump.
Let’s see. Under Obozo, Putin took Crimea, killing innocent civilians, Under Pedo Joe, Putin is again killing civilians, under Trump welli don’t really care HOW, but Putin was kept in check. Let’s forget about the record inflation, southern border, energy and mention, as you say Ukraine, it didn’t happen under a strong POTUS!!

Inflation is not good. I agree with you there. But more jobs were created under Biden in the first 14 months of his presidency than any others' first 14 months. And I was critical of Biden on what I considered poor planning in the withdrawal from Afghanistan. But he has done a superb job of uniting the West against Putin. And Trump's own national security advisor, John Bolton, said Putin was waiting for Trump to withdraw the U.S. from NATO in a 2nd term.
Are you serious?? You have got to be sarcastic!! Biden has done a good job at NOTHING!!

Are you serious?? You have got to be sarcastic!! Biden has done a good job at NOTHING!!
While Biden's AVERAGE job approval rating is not good at 42.6%. It is higher than Trump's was (40.4%) at the EXACT same stage of Trump's presidency (SOURCE: FiveThirtyEight web site). I call them as I see them. We just have to agree to disagree.

The more I think about it, you HONESTLY think Biden United the west?? Lol, Putin did that, and you honestly think Biden created these jobs after telling everyone to stay home in there Basement?? Wow, I appreciate your opinion, however it is misled. Too much CNN and the view, but you are entitled to it. I do respect that.

Reactions: gacock
While Biden's AVERAGE job approval rating is not good at 42.6%. It is higher than Trump's was (40.4%) at the EXACT same stage of Trump's presidency (SOURCE: FiveThirtyEight web site). I call them as I see them. We just have to agree to disagree.
It isn’t that high, but even if it was, Trump had your entire liberal media against him. So IMO Joe Biden passed Carter as the worst POTUS in my lifetime. That is my opinion, if you like his leadership, you are entitled to.

Reactions: Cybercock
It isn’t that high, but even if it was, Trump had your entire liberal media against him. So IMO Joe Biden passed Carter as the worst POTUS in my lifetime. That is my opinion, if you like his leadership, you are entitled to.
I gave you the source. Whether you check it out is up to you. If you are going to talk about the "liberal" media, don't exclude the conservative media (Fox, One America News Network, NewsMax, Wall Street Journal, National Review, Sinclair Radio Network, New York Post, Washington Times, etc).

I gave you the source. Whether you check it out is up to you. If you are going to talk about the "liberal" media, don't exclude the conservative media (Fox, One America News Network, NewsMax, Wall Street Journal, National Review, Sinclair Radio Network, New York Post, Washington Times, etc).
None are on antenna TV. But hey you are (for now) allowed you own opinion!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT