ADVERTISEMENT

Don't expect Clemson to run the ball

HI Cock

Oct 14, 2012
We've struggled to stop the pass this year.

Byrant's a decent passer... at least as good as Vandy's Shurmer.

What does this mean? Most of Clemson’s offensive production this year has been from rushing. And you don’t think they’re going to continue that tomorrow night?

Reactions: Cyclone94
What does this mean? Most of Clemson’s offensive production this year has been from rushing. And you don’t think they’re going to continue that tomorrow night?

I guessing , but from what I've seen and what I think he is saying is that Clemson tends to pass to set up the run.

The Band, Songs from Big Pink "The Night They Drove Ole Dixie Down" by Robbie Robertson
Vocals by Arkanas native the late Levon Helms ( one of my favorites)

Just reread the lyrics , still don't see the connection

Last edited:
A team with superior linemen and overall players will rely on the run to try to control time of possession and and wear out a defense. Also less likely to cause turnovers. Our offense scores a lot of points off explosive plays because we struggle to sustain long drives especially against great defenses. Clemsux keeping it out of our hands so we don’t have those long balls should be in their gameplan.

Thanks I'll do it. I've read a little history of the Danville train, off the top of my head I know it was one of the main supply lines for the Confederate capital of Richmond, especially later in the war.

u should c the site where it happened, the drop or roll as it was is very steep, circa 1900.

They know we're vulnerable in the passing game. I'm not saying Clemson won't run the ball, but if you look at where we've struggled the most, it's against decent passing qb's.

Expect them to exploit it more than trying to run all over us.

They know we're vulnerable in the passing game. I'm not saying Clemson won't run the ball, but if you look at where we've struggled the most, it's against decent passing qb's.

Expect them to exploit it more than trying to run all over us.

I think we try to run to set up the play action pass. I think we start with some runs, RPO, and some designed QB runs unless you stack the line and go man on the back end then we may go pass first.

I think we try to run to set up the play action pass. I think we start with some runs, RPO, and some designed QB runs unless you stack the line and go man on the back end then we may go pass first.
I caution against the pro set. We can stop it as good as any team in the SEC.

Drew Lock might be the best passing quarterback in the country. But, ok, if someone doesn't play well against us, it's because he sucks. Our defense had nothing to do with it.

But seriously....if Bryant beats us with his arm, then I can live with it. We can't let them beat us with the run.

Reactions: HI Cock
Thanks I'll do it. I've read a little history of the Danville train, off the top of my head I know it was one of the main supply lines for the Confederate capital of Richmond, especially later in the war.

The Danville train is being rebuilt at the NC train museum. It is not on display, but they are doing the work

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT