ADVERTISEMENT

Don't You Really Want Coach Muschamp To Pull This Off

broken_cock_

Sep 17, 2019
My confession thread:

I'm a new poster, long time visitor here, and a loooong time Cocks fan. I'm not shy about blasting CWM, I wasn't a fan of the hire, especially after the Tanner-Sexton-Muschamp--Smart circle jerk where GA got Smart, with 5-stars in-waiting, and USC got Smart's friend Muschamp, and an over-priced contact, that would basically not penalize him for not doing what he was hired to do - reward his player's talents with a winning system that utilizes said talent. And obviously, he needs hired talent to develop that system, and I don't see it.

Personally, I like Will Muschamp's persona, and the players like him. If Dabo can can win in tatertown, then Muschamp can win here. But your friends working as your subordinates is a recipe for, lack of accountability being deemed acceptable. As said on here 1000 times, a good OC and DC surrounding WM can maximize all of the talent on this team. Yes, recruiting could be better if USC didn't have Clemson and GA loading their 3rd team with recruits we would start, and didn't have to chase ACC talent.

Unless MW is actually getting in the way of OC and DC play calling, he has to call out the incompetence of his friends and/or make a change. If he can't do this, then I think he really doesn't know how to build a winning system to reward his players. I'm also concerned he doesn't how to hire anyone but friends. As much as I have screamed, and have written this season off, I really want CMW to Win.

Take care of BUSINESS Coach!

Reactions: rhinocock72
A person wouldn't be a fan at all who wanted the coach of his team to fail. It's in all of our team's constituents' best interests that he succeed. The problem is that, once a man is several years into the quest and still struggling, it becomes harder for him to get the people he needs to break through. Doubts rise. In the end, success in team sports is all about getting the right people together. It's evident that we are trying to do it with some people who don't belong.

As much as in pains me to say this. Muschamp has only been here three full years. I know this is his 4th season... But the first year to me is a freebie because he just kind of took over the remnants of Spurriers 3 win team. That year in 2016 I thought to myself to just sit back and be patient because I foresee a 4 to 5 year rough patch before we even get back to a team that is “pretty good”. It sucked but that first year of the Muschamp era I expected the next few seasons to be kind of crappy and made it a point not to get worked up over it.

That is the only reason I’m not totally on the FIRE MUSCHAMP bandwagon right now. Tanner is another story and topic. Tanner let Spurrier run the program into the ground on his watch. Now fast forward to what is currently going on. Last years FL game loss was unacceptable. The bowl game was totally unacceptable. The UNC game was totally unacceptable. And the Missouri game was just as unacceptable. It’s not that we lost so much but the way in which we played. What that looked like was a poorly coached team with bad morale. And we have no time for that. And this is going on on Tanners watch and seemingly unaddressed by him.

Reactions: broken_cock_
I'm tired of Muschamp not knowing who his best players are 2 and 3 games into the season.
I'm tired of Muschamp lying to his fans by defending his coaching staff.
I'm tired of Muschamp being so loyal to his coaching staff that he can't fire one to save his own job.
I'm tired of Muschamp constantly defending his QB by throwing the rest of the team under the bus.
This is Muschamp's 4th year. He had many key players return this year, including a 4th year, record breaking QB and a WR that will be playing in the pros. I believe he has really good talent on defense, but you would not know it by watching them play.
For me, it's done. I am 61 years old. Every year we go without seeing progress, I am 3-4 years away from having hope that we will compete against our in-state rival again. Let's cut our ties and give it another try.
As for Tanner, he is only as good as his coaching hires are. So far, he's been a failure in BB, one good season in Basketball, and we stink at FB.

Disagree. Dabo made the tough calls to get rid of several OC’s before Morris as well as the DC. CWM has proven, in 7 years, that he can’t get those pieces right. Not too mention the conference debate. So “if CDS can win then CWM can as well” holds no merit for me.

My confession thread:

I'm a new poster, long time visitor here, and a loooong time Cocks fan. I'm not shy about blasting CWM, I wasn't a fan of the hire, especially after the Tanner-Sexton-Muschamp--Smart circle jerk where GA got Smart, with 5-stars in-waiting, and USC got Smart's friend Muschamp, and an over-priced contact, that would basically not penalize him for not doing what he was hired to do - reward his player's talents with a winning system that utilizes said talent. And obviously, he needs hired talent to develop that system, and I don't see it.

Personally, I like Will Muschamp's persona, and the players like him. If Dabo can can win in tatertown, then Muschamp can win here. But your friends working as your subordinates is a recipe for, lack of accountability being deemed acceptable. As said on here 1000 times, a good OC and DC surrounding WM can maximize all of the talent on this team. Yes, recruiting could be better if USC didn't have Clemson and GA loading their 3rd team with recruits we would start, and didn't have to chase ACC talent.

Unless MW is actually getting in the way of OC and DC play calling, he has to call out the incompetence of his friends and/or make a change. If he can't do this, then I think he really doesn't know how to build a winning system to reward his players. I'm also concerned he doesn't how to hire anyone but friends. As much as I have screamed, and have written this season off, I really want CMW to Win.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Disagree. Dabo made the tough calls to get rid of several OC’s before Morris as well as the DC. CWM has proven, in 7 years, that he can’t get those pieces right. Not too mention the conference debate. So “if CDS can win then CWM can as well” holds no merit for me.

So far, WM hasn't had the balls to fire his friends, and that was part of my point. If he can't and bring in a talented OC and DC outside his circle, then no, he doesn't have any business head coaching. So, if Clemson's OC and DC were working fpr WM, would the Cocks be winning? Just curious!

My confession thread:

I think you are another troll

Would love for Muschamp to finish strong. That would solve a lot of problems.

I’m right there with you but I just can’t see it without a better defense and more consistency on offense. Watching the first half of the bama game, I would have sworn that we would at least compete with Missouri. It was like a different set of players got off the bus.

As much as in pains me to say this. Muschamp has only been here three full years. I know this is his 4th season... But the first year to me is a freebie because he just kind of took over the remnants of Spurriers 3 win team. That year in 2016 I thought to myself to just sit back and be patient because I foresee a 4 to 5 year rough patch before we even get back to a team that is “pretty good”. It sucked but that first year of the Muschamp era I expected the next few seasons to be kind of crappy and made it a point not to get worked up over it.

That is the only reason I’m not totally on the FIRE MUSCHAMP bandwagon right now. Tanner is another story and topic. Tanner let Spurrier run the program into the ground on his watch. Now fast forward to what is currently going on. Last years FL game loss was unacceptable. The bowl game was totally unacceptable. The UNC game was totally unacceptable. And the Missouri game was just as unacceptable. It’s not that we lost so much but the way in which we played. What that looked like was a poorly coached team with bad morale. And we have no time for that. And this is going on on Tanners watch and seemingly unaddressed by him.
You don’t get 10 years to build a team to beat UNC or Mizz.

No because he can’t do it. It’s business not personal, people have been making it personal for years. What it does is make the HC bigger than the program. He isn’t. What you’re asking is a rhetorical question, with an obvious answer of no, proof at a major football school that it’s a no, but we’ll keep plugging on until we get that yes.....

Last edited:
I'm tired of Muschamp not knowing who his best players are 2 and 3 games into the season.
I'm tired of Muschamp lying to his fans by defending his coaching staff.
I'm tired of Muschamp being so loyal to his coaching staff that he can't fire one to save his own job.
I'm tired of Muschamp constantly defending his QB by throwing the rest of the team under the bus.
This is Muschamp's 4th year. He had many key players return this year, including a 4th year, record breaking QB and a WR that will be playing in the pros. I believe he has really good talent on defense, but you would not know it by watching them play.
For me, it's done. I am 61 years old. Every year we go without seeing progress, I am 3-4 years away from having hope that we will compete against our in-state rival again. Let's cut our ties and give it another try.
As for Tanner, he is only as good as his coaching hires are. So far, he's been a failure in BB, one good season in Basketball, and we stink at FB.

Can't argue with any of that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT