ADVERTISEMENT

Drew Brees is getting killed on social media for his opinion.

If kneeling is not about our anthem or flag, then why not wait until after the anthem is performed to kneel? Help a brother out!

In case you didn't know Colin started out protesting by sitting down during the Anthem which some other players were also doing at the time. However, an ex Green Beret name Nate Boyer who walked on at Texas and got a tryout with the Seahawks convinced him to kneel. He wrote an open letter condemning Colin for sitting during the anthem and Colin arranged a meeting with him. They talked about where they both were coming from and came to an understanding with each other. After Colin made it clear that he was not going to stand for the anthem, he suggested to Colin that he kneel along side his teammates instead of sitting on the bench. The next game Colin knelt with Boyer by his side standing.with his hand over his heart.

It's when you get pulled over by a cop and not have to worry about getting shot...or not being followed in a store because they think you're going to steal something. There are plenty of other instances but I'm sure you get the point.
How many times over the last 2 years have unarmed black men been shot by police? Curious.

I wonder the context of those complaints.
It's going to be hard to charge him with a race hate crime. These 4 cops are the melting pot of America. Did anyone else notice that.. Looks like an Oriental, white, and black man.

lol....that became the reason when people started being critical of him. His girlfriend at the time was a radical Muslim activist at the time. Sorry, but CK doesn’t dictate the world around us.

CK doesn't dictate anything to me! I have no use for the man. The flag is a symbol we should all respect. I am okay with him protesting all he wants but not during the Anthem.

Reactions: tngamecock#
Few, if any, die for a piece of cloth. They serve for what it represents - FREEDOM of choice, freedom of expression, freedom to disagree with the president and government, their family, they're loved ones, they want to serve, etc...
The flag represents a living country therefore it is considered a living thing. People have died for the ideals that flag stands for so yes people have died for the flag because the flag is us.

No, you just want to argue. What I am saying is if something is wrong, it's wrong, and you deal with it. All this crying about crime statistics, The murder of the Australian lady is just attempts at deflection. It's like me taking up for those Black cops in Atlanta that just got arrested and say what about Ahmaud Arbuery. Instead of deflecting what about thinking about the environment that made Derek Chauvin think he could get away with this and be so comfortable in doing it that he had his hands in his pockets with a smirk on his face.
Because there will always be evil people. If you are saying we have to get rid of all the evil people in the world good luck.. Why can't he just be an evil person. Why is he now the poster child for civilization.

Reactions: Silver_Coconut
No, you just want to argue. What I am saying is if something is wrong, it's wrong, and you deal with it. All this crying about crime statistics, The murder of the Australian lady is just attempts at deflection. It's like me taking up for those Black cops in Atlanta that just got arrested and say what about Ahmaud Arbuery. Instead of deflecting what about thinking about the environment that made Derek Chauvin think he could get away with this and be so comfortable in doing it that he had his hands in his pockets with a smirk on his face.

The police chief in Minneapolis is black, The state's AG is black. PSMITH said this wouldn't have happened if this guy was white. This guy was put in jail in 3 days. The guys standing around at the arrest are looking at 40 years in prison. The guy that killed Justine Diamond wasn't even fired. There was no coverage of Justine Diamond's death. If she had been black and the cop was white the coverage would have been non-stop and riots would have followed.

This isn't deflection this is the way it is. Where was the outrage when 10 cops were assassinated in 10 days by black men in 2015? After that Obama invited BLM to the White House and refused to meet with Blue Lives Matter. The race baiters in the news media love hyping stories like George Floyd and they love seeing the ensuing carnage. The real problem is after the media circus leaves town, the real losers are the minority communities that get destroyed. Take a look at Baltimore, 4 years later it still hasn't been rebuilt.

George Floyd's death was wrong. How many cops have to be killed to call it even? How many minority neighborhoods and businesses have to be destroyed before the people involved in these riots understand who all of this will hurt.

Reactions: Expro19
In case you didn't know Colin started out protesting by sitting down during the Anthem which some other players were also doing at the time. However, an ex Green Beret name Nate Boyer who walked on at Texas and got a tryout with the Seahawks convinced him to kneel. He wrote an open letter condemning Colin for sitting during the anthem and Colin arranged a meeting with him. They talked about where they both were coming from and came to an understanding with each other. After Colin made it clear that he was not going to stand for the anthem, he suggested to Colin that he kneel along side his teammates instead of sitting on the bench. The next game Colin knelt with Boyer by his side standing.with his hand over his heart.
The green beret initially condemned him. Kaepernick reached out to the man and arranged a get together...

Well there's a novel idea. Meet someone who took offense to something you did and talk it out, like 2 adults. Too bad our current leadership would rather fire off a tweet, from a safe space, laced with childish name calling and insults. Creating even more division. This is the behavior General Mad Dog Mattis spoke of yesterday.

We lack leadership. We are chock full of immature agitators.

Reactions: jthunder
The flag represents a living country therefore it is considered a living thing. People have died for the ideals that flag stands for so yes people have died for the flag because the flag is us.

we disagree, which is great,

I see people wearing flag shirts, flag pants, I’ve seen people blowing their snot into flag handkerchiefs. Yet some lose their minds over someone who kneels quietly during the anthem? mOre power to him.

people need to think about what freedom really means. It definitely isn’t 80,000 people Supposedly (many won’t even stand still) saluting a flag and if one kneels they freak out. This is not North Korea- yet.

Reactions: ClowneyPosse
You can look at all the statistics all you want...but having a wife who was a crime reporter/Anchor back in the day there were a lot of crimes that were swept under the rug and no one ever knew about it. It's just now with social media and so many cameras/Cell phones around it's now coming to the forefront. Not sure why this is a Democrat thing. I guess all the bad cops out there are all Democrates? Give me a break...my eyes are wide open
DO NOT come at him with facts!!! Facts do not matter.

We lack leadership alright, but it's the democrat governors and mayors that are the failure.

100% on Democrats.

If you don't understand what the phrase "dying for the flag" means then I doubt there is much of anything about patriotism and the symbols we use that you understand.
My uncle, who I never got to meet, died for what this flag represents. If that means nothing to you then you mean nothing to me.
Do you understand?

You just blew your own argument out of the water.

You just said that your uncle died "for what this flag represents". That is totally NOT the same thing as dying for the flag. Are you not educated enough to know any better than this about your uncle's sacrifice??? That is sad.

The argument here, is what exactly is it that that flag "represents". The truth is, that the American flag represents NFL players and other U.S. citizens kneeling before it, JUST AS MUCH AS it represents what your uncle and other U.S. soldiers fought and died for. Because they are the same exact thing.

But this country does not require military service of its inhabitants to earn national citizenship. Perhaps it should, and a lot of this perpetual bickering and grandstanding may stop. The founding fathers and framers pretty much agreed early on, that what the flag DOES "represent" would be unalienable - something given by birth and by gift of life, and something that can NOT ever be taken away or withheld, so a requirement of military service would not be applicable.

So ALL United States citizens hold and own all these freedoms and rights - even the ones who never choose to join military service. That is what the flag is a symbol for. Therefore for ANYONE to try to claim that the flag is NOT the very symbol for citizens to choose to kneel in it's presence, is the exact same thing as people saying that other U.S. citizens do not have the right to vote, the right of free speech, the right to protest, the right to bear arms.

"NO! You have to be in the military and fight for your country!"

"NO! You have to be white!"

The exact same thing. Of course, in this state, the white population says things like this all the time. They certainly think them. A number of them are expressing their thoughts right here in this thread today.....

We lack leadership alright, but it's the democrat governors and mayors that are the failure.

100% on Democrats.
100%, lol. The most powerful man in the world refuses to unite his country and instead hate-tweets from the oval office. You must be one of the ones he thinks of when he boasts that he can shoot someone in the street and you wouldn't care. Heck, you'd probably find some Democrat to blame.

Because there will always be evil people. If you are saying we have to get rid of all the evil people in the world good luck.. Why can't he just be an evil person. Why is he now the poster child for civilization.
I think the bigger picture is being missed here. You are right...there will always be evil people. Nothing is ever going to change that until Jesus comes back. From my talks with buddies of mine they just want to be treated equally. This latest episode was just the tipping point.

The Stupidity is bliss on this board, to say Kaepernick was out to disrespect the Military is just plain dumb.

we disagree, which is great,

I see people wearing flag shirts, flag pants, I’ve seen people blowing their snot into flag handkerchiefs. Yet some lose their minds over someone who kneels quietly during the anthem? mOre power to him.

people need to think about what freedom really means. It definitely isn’t 80,000 people Supposedly (many won’t even stand still) saluting a flag and if one kneels they freak out. This is not North Korea- yet.
You don't fly handkerchiefs on a military base nor pants last time I checked. Those things are not flags... Having pride in your country and the symbol of your country doesn't make us N. Korea.. We are the exact opposite... Nobody is saying that you have to stand for the National anthem and respect the flag but understand that there may be consequences in some instances for not doing it... Just like you have the right to say anything you want(freedom of speech)there are consequences if you say things others may not like.

100%, lol. The most powerful man in the world refuses to unite his country and instead hate-tweets from the oval office. You must be one of the ones he thinks of when he boasts that he can shoot someone in the street and you wouldn't care. Heck, you'd probably find some Democrat to blame.

He tweets because the lying media won't report what he says unless it fits their agenda. Directly to the people.

And there is no "uniting" this country. The media has assured us of that. Unless liberals get what they want, there will be no peace.

As for this mess, ONLY Democrats are to blame. They let rioters and looters destroy cities, and then cried like a bunch of little bitches when Trump called them out and threatened to fix it himself.

100% on Democrats.

YES.

Meet Tony Timpa. Very similar scenario. The only thing that different is that the media didn't give a damn and you didn't care enough to look for it.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/inv...for-help-he-died-what-happened-to-tony-timpa/
We can do this forever...I mean we all can find articles depicting just about anything. I think we all agree there are bad people everywhere. But that's not the issue at hand. And to some extent you are correct, the media has the power to swing a story in one direction. But in this particular situation there was no denying what happened, and it was wrong.

You don't fly handkerchiefs on a military base nor pants last time I checked. Those things are not flags... Having pride in your country and the symbol of your country doesn't make us N. Korea.. We are the exact opposite... Nobody is saying that you have to stand for the National anthem and respect the flag but understand that there may be consequences in some instances for not doing it... Just like you have the right to say anything you want(freedom of speech)there are consequences if you say things others may not like.
Ok. Then why does the guy at the local Walmart get a pass when he's standing in line with his American flag sweatpants on?

He tweets because the lying media won't report what he says unless it fits their agenda. Directly to the people.

And there is no "uniting" this country. The media has assured us of that. Unless liberals get what they want, there will be no peace.

As for this mess, ONLY Democrats are to blame. They let rioters and looters destroy cities, and then cried like a bunch of little bitches when Trump called them out and threatened to fix it himself.

100% on Democrats.
Wow...so Trump had an opportunity to talk to the country right after this happened but decided to wait a week when it was too late. He had a chance to calm the nation and tell us he would get to the bottom of the situation and yet he decided to tweet and basically call out everyone but himself. He's the freaking President of the United States and he needs to start acting like instead acting like a 12 year old.

I think the bigger picture is being missed here. You are right...there will always be evil people. Nothing is ever going to change that until Jesus comes back. From my talks with buddies of mine they just want to be treated equally. This latest episode was just the tipping point.
The thing is a white cop will kill a black man again..Whether it's an accident or not are we to expect this Everytime? Unless you just make it a law that white cops can't defend themselves when encountering a black suspect it's going to happen again. 99.999999 % of cops aren't out patrolling looking for a black man to kill.

A quick Google search shows a Trump American Flag for sale on Amazon. Its literally an American flag that has a picture of trump and says maga. Why does this get a pass?

Ok. Then why does the guy at the local Walmart get a pass when he's standing in line with his American flag sweatpants on?
That's Not a flag..... Now if he had an actual flag pinned to his butt using it as a cover for the holes in his cut off Jean shorts that would be an issue.

The thing is a white cop will kill a black man again..Whether it's an accident or not are we to expect this Everytime? Unless you just make it a law that white cops can't defend themselves when encountering a black suspect it's going to happen again. 99.999999 % of cops aren't out patrolling looking for a black man to kill.
It's one thing if the cop has a split second to make a decision but it's a whole different story when you are choking someone for 9 mins (with 3 other cops standing around) or fire 22 shots in a unarmed man. Why can't you see the difference here?

We can do this forever...I mean we all can find articles depicting just about anything. I think we all agree there are bad people everywhere. But that's not the issue at hand. And to some extent you are correct, the media has the power to swing a story in one direction. But in this particular situation there was no denying what happened, and it was wrong.

Of course it was. But the "it wouldn't happen if he was white" is a flat out media lie. Period.

It's one thing if the cop has a split second to make a decision but it's a whole different story when you are choking someone for 9 mins (with 3 other cops standing around) or fire 22 shots in a unarmed man. Why can't you see the difference here?

Maybe the police department shouldn't put the exact choke hold he was using in their Policy and Procedure document listing it as an approved type of non-lethal force.

Do you really think he was thinking "I'm going to kill him right here in front of everyone with cell phones"? Really?

Last edited:
Nobody in this Country has respect for the Flag anymore. I've seen people flying them in the rain and with tears in them. And if they do that, you know they don't know to properly burn them. Any your right people will wear clothes with flag on them, it's embarrassing.

Last edited:
Wow...so Trump had an opportunity to talk to the country right after this happened but decided to wait a week when it was too late. He had a chance to calm the nation and tell us he would get to the bottom of the situation and yet he decided to tweet and basically call out everyone but himself. He's the freaking President of the United States and he needs to start acting like instead acting like a 12 year old.

Why would he call himself out of this? He had nothing to do with it.

Nobody in this Country has respect for the Flag anymore. I've seen people flying them in the rain and with tears in them. And if they do that you know they don't know to properly burn them. Any your right people will wear clothes with flag on them, it's embarrassing.

So, if we had a moment of silence for MLK Jr before football games, and somebody decided that they wanted to raise hell to protest in the name of whatever agenda they had, you would be fine with that?

Reactions: Silver_Coconut
I do see the difference. One hardly ever happens. 1out of 1000000 police encounters. All cops are now racist and we should defund the police for something that hardly ever happens and happens to all races in the US. We aren't going to have anyone willing to be a police officer in this country. What that man did to GF was evil but it doesn't happen all the time like the people are portraying it..

So, if we had a moment of silence for MLK Jr before football games, and somebody decided that they wanted to raise hell to protest in the name of whatever agenda they had, you would be fine with that?
Would he being do it to disrespect MLK?

That's Not a flag..... Now if he had an actual flag pinned to his butt using it as a cover for the holes in his cut off Jean shorts that would be an issue.
I disagree. What about the trump maga flag for sale on Amazon? What about the issue deep fried mentions above, flying flags in the rain, flying tattered flags. Do any of you stop at your neighbors homes and take it up with them?

I disagree. What about the trump maga flag for sale on Amazon? What about the issue deep fried mentions above, flying flags in the rain, flying tattered flags. Do any of you stop at your neighbors homes and take it up with them?
Yes, absolutely. I've had to talk to my local Post office and the local grocery store for just that reason

Reactions: ClowneyPosse
I will never understand why people speak their minds then quickly run and apologize. I will never get that. You meant what you said when you said it. Don't front! It may have been insensitive etc - but that's how you felt from the jump. So, apologizing only or because you get backlash is a waste of time in my eyes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thirdcatgy
I do see the difference. One hardly ever happens. 1out of 1000000 police encounters. All cops are now racist and we should defund the police for something that hardly ever happens and happens to all races in the US. We aren't going to have anyone willing to be a police officer in this country. What that man did to GF was evil but it doesn't happen all the time like the people are portraying it..
It does hardly happen...but what it shows is the lack of training within the Police Departments. I know these people aren't the best paid people in the world and it's a very difficult job. But apparently there needs to be more funding for better training and education. That's a start anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT