ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN is saying Napier and Freeze are the two leading candidates

Not vouching for anything character related, but Falwell Jr’s decision (years ago) to go all in for online learning has turned Liberty in to a cash cow. Brilliant financial move. They have plenty of cash.

They just extended his contract a few days ago. They were smart, knowing Freeze was going to be highly sought after at the end of the season.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
They just extended his contract a few days ago. They were smart, knowing Freeze was going to be highly sought after at the end of the season.

Liberty is private so I have no idea of the buyout unless someone leaks it...but I make Freeze tell me no before I offer anyone else.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
I’m probably not as familiar with the candidates as most of you, but I think Napier seems the best choice. Connections here, young guy, proven offensive results, strong record.

Reactions: brianlafe
Don't think we could go wrong with either 2.

Freeze: Offensive guru. Been a big winner everywhere he has been.. He has proven he can take lesser talent and beat teas more talented than his. He owned his rival (Miss. State) while at Ole Miss.His offense at Liberty is 18th in the nation and balanced, 12th in rushing and 16th in passing efficiency. His defense is good, as well. It is 14th in the nation, including 38th in rushing defense and 33rd in Team Passing Defense Efficiency. His team is BALANCED all the way around. He is just a tad older than I'd prefer at 51. But, hell, our best basketball coach ever (Frank McGuire was hied at 50

Napier: He has taken mid-major talent and beaten a Power 5 school (Iowa State, 23rd in the nation). He is offensive-minded and is considered a relentless recruiter. His offense is 41st in Total Offense and 41st in Total Defense. Thus, his team is good on both sides of the ball. He is young at 41.

I don't believe we could go wrong with either. And I also like Caldwell at Coastal Carolina

Not the sexy choice, but right now I'm thinking Shane Beamer. He could really be the CEO we need. Not sure who he would use as coordinators, but he was an amazing recruiter here. In my opinion when he left here, that triggered our downfall. Spurrier Jr took over recruiting if I'm remembering correctly.

In my opinion, hiring Freeze would be like hiring Steve Spurrier in his prime. But, again, I'd be VERY happy with any of the 3: Freeze, Napier and Caldwell.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I still think we should go after Josh Heupel. 27-6 in his 3rd year at UCF. OC at Oklahoma, Utah State, and Mizzou. Name recognition as Heisman runner-up at Oklahoma and won national championship that year as QB for Bob Stoops in 2000. High octane offense and a winner.

Reactions: UGASUX
I still think we should go after Josh Heupel. 27-6 in his 3rd year at UCF. OC at Oklahoma, Utah State, and Mizzou. Name recognition as Heisman runner-up at Oklahoma and won national championship that year as QB for Bob Stoops in 2000. High octane offense and a winner.
I have liked Josh Heupel for a long time. I'd be VERY happy with that hire, too.

I’m probably not as familiar with the candidates as most of you, but I think Napier seems the best choice. Connections here, young guy, proven offensive results, strong record.

But, no HC experience in SEC- that makes all the difference in the world.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT