ADVERTISEMENT

Espn - youtube tv

viennacocks

Dec 19, 2011
What is everyone doing for espn if you have yt TV? I just found out that I no longer have espn.

Does anyone know if yt TV will get it back?

They probably will. In the meantime you can get a trial for Hulu live or Fubo tv or even Sling. There is even Vidgo.

Yeah, I’ve been sitting here reading about Fubotv. It looks to be relatively comparable to YTTV. It is also $65/mo, and has a 7 day free trial. I’m thinking about trying that out in hopes that YT and the evil Disney can get a deal worked out within 7 days.

ESPN is the most expensive of all the cable networks for a provider to carry - I would hope that by cutting espn YouTube tv would be slashing prices as well. Did that happen?

Correct. I wouldn't count on Disney giving into youtubetv.
But Disney is charging Hulu Live less than they want to charge YTTV, then that is a potential anti-trust violation. I think Disney had an agreement with Justice that they were sell their services to other vendors when they bought ABC and its affiliates (ESPN, etc.) to keep from going to Court on an anti-trust violation.

ESPN is the most expensive of all the cable networks for a provider to carry - I would hope that by cutting espn YouTube tv would be slashing prices as well. Did that happen?
Yes. Actually I’ve read where YT has changed their monthly price to $49.99.

I’d definitely say Disney is being stubborn and they’re certainly fine with people trying out Hulu for the next 7 days. I’m sure that’s a big reason they were stubborn on their side of the deal. That being said, they’ll get a deal done. I won’t be shocked to see it happen a day or 2 after these Hulu free trials are over.

Reactions: 92Pony
Yeah, I’ve been sitting here reading about Fubotv. It looks to be relatively comparable to YTTV. It is also $65/mo, and has a 7 day free trial. I’m thinking about trying that out in hopes that YT and the evil Disney can get a deal worked out within 7 days.
i have been paying for fubo for 4 months. my wife and me are satisfied so far.

I went with fubo for 7 days, and will follow up with Hulu for 7 days (free trial for both). If nothing changes for yttv, I'll decide between the two.

But I believe they will get a deal done.

Reactions: 92Pony
Probably wouldn't want to know what Google offered Disney to sweeten the deal. 😬
It was probably evil Disney putting the screws to YTTV. When the channels go away, who looks like the bad guy? YTTV. But if a deal has been reached, yeah, we don’t want to know what had to be given to Disney. Look for a YTTV price increase in the not-too-distant future.

don't worry...the streaming channels will all be priced about the same as cable got up to, and play the same silly games within 2 yrs

don't worry...the streaming channels will all be priced about the same as cable got up to, and play the same silly games within 2 yrs

It's up to you to keep up. I dropped cable a decade ago and started streaming. Back then it was very difficult but we did it. Was so much cheaper and we got more options.

Currently we have a cable package with more channels than ever, 800mbps internet, Hulu, Netflix, Disney, ESPN plus, hbo and others. We pay less than we did for cable alone 10 years ago.

My $15.00 credit better hit when it's supposed to, because I had big wbb games schedule this weekend. Disney plan that sh*t. Bowl weekend, bb games come one!!! I knew a deal would be reached soon but, I was also prepared to go back to Sling tv.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT