ADVERTISEMENT

Every preseason poll I'm seeing leaves the Gamecocks out

TheRoosterGuru

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2009
Time to take advantage of that underdog role and make some noise this season.

It's not where you start, it's where you finish! At least we're not #6 and getting ready to get blown out at home in the first game of the season by TAMU!

Not hing I can argue with given last season's d complete failure Our d is unproven as things stand now. Til we show improvement and play better on d there is grounds for those predictions. Plus we have questions on o this time around. We have one play maker who is game proven. Plus the schedule is tough with several opponents appearing to be improved.

Not hing I can argue with given last season's d complete failure Our d is unproven as things stand now. Til we show improvement and play better on d there is grounds for those predictions. Plus we have questions on o this time around. We have one play maker who is game proven. Plus the schedule is tough with several opponents appearing to be improved.
We don't have anything proven except Pharoh Cooper and Elliot Frye.

It's always comical to look at the preseason polls once the season is done. Inevitably there are teams on there that shouldn't be and teams that aren't on there that should be on there. Where was Auburn in the 2013 preseason poll? What about Mississippi State last year?

I like the fact that we are underdogs this year too. We need to use this as motivation. I think we had a lot of guys last year resting on the laurels of previous year's teams. Hopefully they have learned a lesson.

We had questions last year, we just didn't know it............our offense was inconsistent.

I know the rankings are usually way wrong. But I'd rather be ranked than not. That means you're at least expected to be good.

Reactions: conCOCKshon
They'll never do it because it is the biggest off season story that they can churn out over and over but the first ranking really needs to happen in week 3-4 once there is some kind of feeling of how a team is performing

I thought we scored enough points to win nearly every game. Guess I was confused. The O did some good things, the D sucked.

So, are you saying that Spurrier has not proven himself? That's awfully negative of you.
Spurrier has been a great coach.
Problem is, he doesn't block, run, catch passes, and make tackles.
Cooper is all SEC. After that, things get murky. The D should get better, but it's not like a bunch of All Americans have been brought in since last year. At OL and QB, the results may well be worse, given the losses.

Reactions: tatertime
I saw one poll where the sec was rated number one, you guys are all about some sec so at least you can cheer for Alabama this year.

Don't you have some google maps or interstate signs to get confused over?
Sorry. Didn't mean to throw out literary terms you might not know. Actually, I am pretty good with directions. I just like to have more information from the traffic warnings. Is that such a hard concept?

Sorry. Didn't mean to throw out literary terms you might not know. Actually, I am pretty good with directions. I just like to have more information from the traffic warnings. Is that such a hard concept?

Nope. I'd recommend maybe reading the map a bit more next time though. Best of luck in your travels!

Warning - every exit sign is square and green.

Oh, some more magic too - I think somebody tried to explain this before....

The exit number? it matches the mile marker.

I heard it's around 100 miles to Clemson. Give or take 35. Or 17.

Kind of hard to do when driving. And I'm aware of what the signs look like when I see one. If I'm 40 miles away, however, I might like to have a little more warning. Again, not a hard concept to understand.

Oh, some more magic too - I think somebody tried to explain this before....

The exit number? it matches the mile marker.

I heard it's around 100 miles to Clemson. Give or take 35. Or 17.
Well aware of that as well. But, again, hard to understand why enough information would be such a hard concept to understand.

Kind of hard to do when driving. And I'm aware of what the signs look like when I see one. If I'm 40 miles away, however, I might like to have a little more warning. Again, not a hard concept to understand.

Again, pretty easy concept...but that's just me. Enjoy being confused on your trips from Camden to Aiken. I know it must seem a little different every trip.

C'mon back! Go cocks?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT