ADVERTISEMENT

Feaster

I’m torn on him to be honest. Would he be our best RB? Probably. Would he make a huge difference this season? I doubt it based on many factors: 1) We won’t use him correctly, 2) He’ll have to learn system / blocking really fast, 3) We aren’t going to have a great season anyway.

If it were 2 years, that’s different. But I’m not sure I’d rather not have all the Clemson BS to deal with. Not saying that’s how I feel 100%...I’m saying I’m not sure. Don’t like the thought of seeing one of our players we’ll honor on Senior Day, repping his Clemson gear at Clemson for the rest of his life.

I’m torn on him to be honest. Would he be our best RB? Probably. Would he make a huge difference this season? I doubt it based on many factors: 1) We won’t use him correctly, 2) He’ll have to learn system / blocking really fast, 3) We aren’t going to have a great season anyway.

If it were 2 years, that’s different. But I’m not sure I’d rather not have all the Clemson BS to deal with. Not saying that’s how I feel 100%...I’m saying I’m not sure. Don’t like the thought of seeing one of our players we’ll honor on Senior Day, repping his Clemson gear at Clemson for the rest of his life.

Well, he won't be a senior. He'll be post-graduate.

Whoops I read the thread title wrong.
Uncle-Fester-Jackie-Coogan.jpg

Fair points. I look at it this way:

Could having him on the team hurt us in anyway? No way.

Could having him on the team help us? Yes, absolutely. Therefore I think we need him. :)

Still think he'll opt for the easier path - VT, plus it'll make Daddy Daboo happier if he's playing in Blacksburg - Clem doesn't play VT this year, btw.
I would hope Feaster is looking out for himself and no one else. Difficult to say what his impact will be here.

Will playing the toughest schedule in the country showcase him in ways that will make him more marketable in the NFL? Or will being a bigger fish in a smaller ACC pond showcase him in the right way?

My local NW Montana tater golf friend says Feaster's a lock for UofSC.

I would hope Feaster is looking out for himself and no one else. Difficult to say what his impact will be here.

Will playing the toughest schedule in the country showcase him in ways that will make him more marketable in the NFL? Or will being a bigger fish in a smaller ACC pond showcase him in the right way?

My local NW Montana tater golf friend says Feaster's a lock for UofSC.

I agree with your friend, I think he wants to stay close to home. I hate to lose him no matter where he goes simply for the depth and experience he added.

As far as which decision is best for his NFL future, I'm not sure. NFL expectations were there, but I didn't see that come to fruition at Clemson. If he couldn't break out with his opportunities against 2nd string defenses in the ACC, it's hard to imagine him doing it against first stringers in the SEC.

We will not benefit in one season if he plays In garnet he’s good but not lattimore good plus lattimore had the RB coach jay graham and he’s probably head coach material. Feaster would have bently nahhh don’t see it.

Last edited:
We will not benefit in one season if he plays In garnet he’s good but not lattimore good plus lattimore had the RB coach from corn hill and he’s probably head coach material. Feaster would have bently nahhh don’t see it.
There ain't no more ML that's a fact but if we can get him and he stays healthy that could allow our young backs to redshirt or gain confidence. He would certainly be a plus. JMO

Reactions: december2209
He could mean a win or two more. Or he could come in and do very little. Still want him. He has an easier road if he chooses VT. He could conceivably rack up more yardage there as their schedule is easier and they won't play clemson unless it's for the ACCCG.

He is going to be a gamecock. I’ve said it before on other threads here, the VT thing is a smokescreen as much as Tennessee was with Josh Belk

Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter
He is going to be a gamecock. I’ve said it before on other threads here, the VT thing is a smokescreen as much as Tennessee was with Josh Belk
I hope you are correct. But he could get 1200 yards minimum with Tech against that cupcake schedule. Then again, they may lose to Old Dominion again.

Reactions: Peek864
I hope you are correct. But he could get 1200 yards minimum with Tech against that cupcake schedule. Then again, they may lose to Old Dominion again.

Agreed, VT schedule is soft as charmin this year, he would have huge numbers there. However, I think he ends up in Columbia. I think he is just keeping his head down and quiet until he has graduated.

Wish him the best wherever he lands, glad he is getting his degree because there is a lot of life left after football.

Still think he'll opt for the easier path - VT, plus it'll make Daddy Daboo happier if he's playing in Blacksburg - Clem doesn't play VT this year, btw.

I just looked at Virginia Tech’s schedule, I’m not sure I have ever seen a power five conference team with an easier one. If I had that schedule for South Carolina I would expect no less than 11 wins and possibly 12. For all the SEC versus ACC debaters out there, go find me one SEC team with a schedule that easy? I’ll be waiting.

Reactions: Lakecock1
I just looked at Virginia Tech’s schedule, I’m not sure I have ever seen a power five conference team with an easier one. If I had that schedule for South Carolina I would expect no less than 11 wins and possibly 12. For all the SEC versus ACC debaters out there, go find me one SEC team with a schedule that easy? I’ll be waiting.

Might not be able to find an easier schedule, but I'll probably be able to find VT playing in a bigger bowl game than South Carolina, and maybe even a conference championship game. So depending on what Feaster is looking for, the opportunity to play 13-14 games vs possibly only 12 at UofSC may be a deciding factor for him if he is wanting to show his skills for a shot at the NFL.

Sounds like the SEC may be a little too tough for ya. Might be time to think about joining a league you can actually compete in.

Lol. You mean power houses like duke and wake that taters play yearly ?
Some posters just open themselves up.
Too easy

Taters are only team on that conference who care about football. It’s a basketball conference .
Yes they “ compete “ in it
With or without ostarine injections not hard to compete there
Pre ostarine teams they did not win so easily and obviously lost yearly to gamecocks
So yes the Pickens county ostarine rule ACC
And used that weak conference to build wins
Cheating does over come it seems

There's life after the NFL and he'd be a known quantity by both fan bases if he stays in state. Take Stephen Davis who settled in Columbia yet we hardly knew him. He opened clubs here but they flopped.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT