ADVERTISEMENT

Finally have calm down... experience with these new Gamecock fans in stadium

vehemon

Sep 2, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I purposely didn't come back to the forum until now to calm down before I write something out of emotion.

I think I've gathered myself from my horrible experience on Saturday.

I was excited about my new season tickets. End row still, closer to the goal post.

Rented an RV and did it right this past weekend.

Everything was perfect until 2 minutes after kick off.

It's not even how South Carolina was playing... it was everyone that was around me that got me furious.

I'm 9 rows from the field and everyone in my section was sitting down while we are on defense barely making any noise.

God forbid that I accidentally touched the head of the woman in front of me twice while she was sitting down that I received her scorn. Let's ignore the fact that she was hollering the week before and hit me in the face at least 4 times with her towel. I ignored it because she seemed passionate and enjoyed cheering for the Gamecocks. It was like night and day with the attitude.

I had to get on my friend for dropping f bombs while cheering. 3 minutes later, I yell out to the #4 (WR) Georgia player that he dropped a couple deuces on the field. I was then told I was being loud and obnoxious and it was 'too much'.

That 5-10 minute experience alone for such a big game really has me not wanting to buy season tickets again next year. I don't want to be around people that are trying to turn Gamecock football into a wine, cheese, and watch sport.

Overreacting?

You do you. As long as you're not dropping profanity laced cheering all the time and not breaking any rules, they really can't do anything to you if you are remaining in your "space".

And if she hits you with her towel again, politely tap her on the shoulder and ask her to be a bit more careful with her towel. All with a smile on your face.

Reactions: king ward
I purposely didn't come back to the forum until now to calm down before I write something out of emotion.

I was excited about my new season tickets. End row still, closer to the goal post.

It's not even how South Carolina was playing... it was everyone that was around me that got me furious.

I'm 9 rows from the field and everyone in my section was sitting down while we are on defense barely making any noise.

God forbid that I accidentally touched the head of the woman in front of me twice while she was sitting down that I received her scorn. Let's ignore the fact that she was hollering the week before and hit me in the face at least 4 times with her towel. I ignored it because she seemed passionate and enjoyed cheering for the Gamecocks. It was like night and day with the attitude.

I had to get on my friend for dropping f bombs while cheering. 3 minutes later, I yell out to the #4 (WR) Georgia player that he dropped a couple deuces on the field. I was then told I was being loud and obnoxious and it was 'too much'.

That 5-10 minute experience alone for such a big game really has me not wanting to buy season tickets again next year. I don't want to be around people that are trying to turn Gamecock football into a wine, cheese, and watch sport.

Overreacting?

those beehive hairdos' will do that..............& 2 handle any possibility of overreaction, drop a couple valium durnin' warmups

The profanity shouldn’t happen in the stadium and simply because there are kids around. It’s heated in these games and keep in mind people’s emotions are going crazy during games. People also handle those emotions completely different.

Your disappointment with people sitting and being quiet is probably just as wrong as those that are annoyed by the constant yelling. Some people handle emotions by being quiet and reserved. Some go nuts.

Reactions: king ward
I'd like to know what section they sit down during the game? I've sat all over and can't remember sitting the whole time. I might have to move over there when I get older and don't feel like standing. Cranky woman or not.lol

The profanity shouldn’t happen in the stadium and simply because there are kids around. It’s heated in these games and keep in mind people’s emotions are going crazy during games. People also handle those emotions completely different.

Your disappointment with people sitting and being quiet is probably just as wrong as those that are annoyed by the constant yelling. Some people handle emotions by being quiet and reserved. Some go nuts.
That's why I got on to my friend dropping fbombs. She had to have heard me say that to him. But then I went to far by saying 'leaving deuces on the field'.

Reactions: Carolina4
I'd like to know what section they sit down during the game? I've sat all over and can't remember sitting the whole time. I might have to move over there when I get older and don't feel like standing. Cranky woman or not.lol
Everyone near me in section 13 and 14 were sitting down until I got fed up and went to another part of the stadium to yell.

I feel your pain. The young alumni section in the east upper is a blessing and a curse. It's hotter than hell up there right now, but it's rowdy and you can say whatever TF you want to. I'll take the heat all day vs. the wine and cheesers.

You do you. As long as you're not dropping profanity laced cheering all the time and not breaking any rules, they really can't do anything to you if you are remaining in your "space".

And if she hits you with her towel again, politely tap her on the shoulder and ask her to be a bit more careful with her towel. All with a smile on your face.
Kinda too late now. :) I'm the ***hole for getting excited and she was completely clueless I was getting slapped by a sweaty white towel.

Everyone near me in section 13 and 14 were sitting down until I got fed up and went to another part of the stadium to yell.
I've never sat in the lower end zone part, I honestly am shocked that area sits down.

I was in section 14 for a long time and it was good 2011-2012; started getting bad 2013-2014.
My assumption is bandwagon fans
The only areas I've sat where they don't stand up is in the west lower if you're 10 rows or below. They even stand up in The Zone and the 100 club level.lol

Kinda too late now. :) I'm the ***hole for getting excited and she was completely clueless I was getting slapped by a sweaty white towel.

You don't get it. She was clueless about her towel slapping because she only cared about 'ME" (herself). She got to do what SHE wanted to do, WHEN and WHERE she wanted to do it! You were an annoyance because what you were doing and hollering didn't include HER. She should have reminded her that she was at a football game; not a bridge party.

You don't get it. She was clueless about her towel slapping because she only cared about 'ME" (herself). She got to do what SHE wanted to do, WHEN and WHERE she wanted to do it! You were an annoyance because what you were doing and hollering didn't include HER. She should have reminded her that she was at a football game; not a bridge party.
Should have said "ma'am if you can get the other 70,000 people to be quiet then I'll shut up too".lol

Overreacting?

Overreacting?

Holly cow. Being hit by a towel that weighs maybe 1/2 oz. could knock out some teeth. I bet the swelling in your jaw is just now beginning to go down. What a stupid post.on 9/11!!!!!!!

I cuss when my team is playing like shit.

Holly cow. Being hit by a towel that weighs maybe 1/2 oz. could knock out some teeth. I bet the swelling in your jaw is just now beginning to go down. What a stupid post.on 9/11!!!!!!!
Apparently you didn't read the original post. It's silly to jump in the middle of a conversation and pass judgement.

I think that's my bigger concern. Our home games are turning into a bridge party. And a hate it or love it fashion show. :p

Overreacting?
it's already that and has been for decades.

I cuss when my team is playing like shit.

Well that’s sad if there are kids around but you do you. I understand the frustration but it’s sad when adults act so ridiculous that parents can’t bring their kids to games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT