ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Roper! How can we remain unhappy if

Dude, Bentley was not good this game. He missed two easy td passes, one to edwards on a slant and one to Hurst. He also overthrew and under threw a bunch to edwards early. We could have had two other offensive tds if it weren't for bad passes

he is scoring all these points!?!? ;)

You're right. Despite the fact that our defense scored half the points and we struggled to score against Kentucky and La Tech we should be greatful for a ton of points.

Our scoring offense will bump up to about 80 this week

Dude, Bentley was not good this game. He missed two easy td passes, one to edwards on a slant and one to Hurst. He also overthrew and under threw a bunch to edwards early. We could have had two other offensive tds if it weren't for bad passes
Yeah, it isn't Roper. Just look at what happens on the sideline after Jake comes off the field after throwing a bad pass. Roper is the one who should be pissed.

LOL. The defense won us this game. If they hadn't of scored all those points there's a decent chance we lose.

He looked the same as he has all year, you're just now noticing this?lol

The offense definitely needs to improve. I thought the run game did improve especially when you take into account the injuries on the o-line. Offense scored 27 and kinda hard to score offensively when the dang defense keeps scoring tds and giving the ball back to arky

No, I'm just saying (What I think you also realize) is that it isn't all roper. Bentley has cost us a few points this season. Probably as many as white
But it's Roper who should be developing him and seeing his terrible footwork and how he releases the ball (which is why many of his throws are high). He's the QB coach and is allowing him to develop some bad habits, habits NFL scouts notice that will turn them off if he ever wants a shot at the NFL.

Watch who he goes running to after he gets off the headphones.
That's why I think our RB rotation is so screwed up, he's too busy talking to his son. I honestly couldn't tell you which back should be in on which play cause there's no rhyme nor reason for how he's doing the rotation. I've tried to figure out how he's rotating them all year and still can't. He puts Williams in on pass plays but I keep hearing he can't pass block so whys he in there? Things like that.

The offense definitely needs to improve. I thought the run game did improve especially when you take into account the injuries on the o-line. Offense scored 27 and kinda hard to score offensively when the dang defense keeps scoring tds and giving the ball back to arky

Offense didn't really score 27. More like 24. One field goal was because the defense forced a fumble on the 15. Offense didn't even get 1 yard in three downs before the field goal.

To me, the defense gets credit for that.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
That's why I think our RB rotation is so screwed up, he's too busy talking to his son. I honestly couldn't tell you which back should be in on which play cause there's no rhyme nor reason for how he's doing the rotation. I've tried to figure out how he's rotating them all year and still can't. He puts Williams in on pass plays but I keep hearing he can't pass block so whys he in there? Things like that.
Completely agree.

The sad fact is we are halfway through the season and our best game was the first game of the year.That fact alone says a lot.If this team was playing on opening day level,they are prbly, 6-0. We can talk about Turners play n Jakes play and line play and etc. all we want,but at the end of the day,Roper is responsible for the offense,all of it not just part of it.If anyone agrees with Muschamp that all is well and Roper is doing a good job,theres no need to point out the obvious flaws of this offense.

The RBs were taking themselves out mostly.

But it's Roper who should be developing him and seeing his terrible footwork and how he releases the ball (which is why many of his throws are high). He's the QB coach and is allowing him to develop some bad habits, habits NFL scouts notice that will turn them off if he ever wants a shot at the NFL.
Hahahaha, thanks coach!!.......what a joke

No, I'm just saying (What I think you also realize) is that it isn't all roper. Bentley has cost us a few points this season. Probably as many as white
He has also SCORED a Bunch of points for us this year! Counting the number of missed points by a QB is ass backwards. It is about what you accomplish, and sure he could have hit a few more passes this game, but he DID have THREE TDs and about 200 yes through the air. It isn't that often that any of our QBs put up that stat line, and he does it on the regular it seems... so sure, he is young and still getting better but bagging on a kid who had three Td passes in a game we won and scored 48 points in? Our fans are seriously bent.

He has also SCORED a Bunch of points for us this year! Counting the number of missed points by a QB is ass backwards. It is about what you accomplish, and sure he could have hit a few more passes this game, but he DID have THREE TDs and about 200 yes through the air. It isn't that often that any of our QBs put up that stat line, and he does it on the regular it seems... so sure, he is young and still getting better but bagging on a kid who had three Td passes in a game we won and scored 48 points in? Our fans are seriously bent.
The young excuse doesn't hold water anymore, he's played in enough games. Where's he improving at? In what area? Give us an example.

I'm not "bagging" on him. I'm saying that it's wrong to blame roper when the young qb makes mistakes. I'm not saying he's a bad qb, but he didn't exactly play lights out. There's always room for improvement. In retrospect, he didn't play badly, but he did miss a few throws. But hey, inn happy wet got the win and I know he'll study his butt off and be ready next week.

Yes, and you are not!! Get a clue dude, we have a good qb!!
My clue is looking at his stats. He's got pretty much the same QB rating he had last year. Again, I asked you to explain what area he's improved in.

My clue is looking at his stats. He's got pretty much the same QB rating he had last year. Again, I asked you to explain what area he's improved in.
Exactly the area that you said he needs work. His footwork and mechanics ARE better than they were last year. He's made throws this year that no quarterback we've had in a long time has been able to make and that's a fact. The kid is getting better, and remember that he's still very young. 3 td's tonight, just horrible!!!....... just give it a rest man, all you do is complain.

Exactly the area that you said he needs work. His footwork and mechanics ARE better than they were last year. He's made throws this year that no quarterback we've had in a long time has been able to make and that's a fact. The kid is getting better, and remember that he's still very young. 3 td's tonight, just horrible!!!....... just give it a rest man, all you do is complain.
Well I won't waste anymore time talking to you because you obviously don't know what in the hell youre talking about. Dylan Thompson made those throws and that was only 3 years ago he made them. I know you're stuck on 3 td's and think that's all there is to it but it's not. I'm not complaining, I'm stating facts.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Well I won't waste anymore time talking to you because you obviously don't know what in the hell youre talking about. Dylan Thompson made those throws and that was only 3 years ago he made them. I know you're stuck on 3 td's and think that's all there is to it but it's not. I'm not complaining, I'm stating facts.
Haha, again sir, you proved my point. You are a joke. You just seem to have loved that Stellar 7 win year with Dylan Thompson. You bring him up all the time. You're clueless about football and I will quit responding to you now.

Haha, again sir, you proved my point. You are a joke. You just seem to have loved that Stellar 7 win year with Dylan Thompson. You bring him up all the time. You're clueless about football and I will quit responding to you now.
Good cause you're like talking to a child. You bash Dylan Thompson but at least he beat Clemson(as a backup no less), won a bowl game, and set multiple passing records in only one year of starting. Jake didn't even finish the Clemson game.

Isn’t he 20. That’s not young for a sophomore

Defense accounted for half our points.
The offense still scored 27 points and they only had a few possessions in the 2nd half because all of the Arkansas turnovers were returned for tds which resulted in them getting the ball back. Jake was well on his way to passing for over 300 yards after the 1st half

Reactions: 01fatboy
Didn't Todd say that Bentley was 5 of his first 15 and then went 11 of 16 the rest of the game? Seems that Jake always starts off a little inconsistent and then gets better as the game goes along. Hopefully, that will improve with experience.

Good cause you're like talking to a child. You bash Dylan Thompson but at least he beat Clemson(as a backup no less), won a bowl game, and set multiple passing records in only one year of starting. Jake didn't even finish the Clemson game.

Dylan Thompson was a gamer, no doubt about it. You're comparing a fifth year senior to a sophomore. Dylan never completed 60% of his passes in any season. Jake's completion % last year was 65%, this year
it's 60%. His TD to INT. ratio is also better than Dylan's. The one thing they seem to have in common is the
fact that they both had/have a tendency to overthrow when they were too amped up. You could usually tell if Dylan was going to have a bad game in his first series, he didn't seem to get better as the game as the game progressed. Bentley usually gets better as the game goes forward.

Bentley has thrown for more yardage and more TDs in 6 games than he did last year in the 7 games he played. I'm not sure why people on here have to always look for things to bitch about but considering the starters we've lost and the schedule we've played, the season hasn't been that bad. Everybody talked about how bad Texas A&M was last week, apparently nobody told Alabama.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT