ADVERTISEMENT

Florida game thread

How are we the ONLY DAMN football team that doesn’t get a replay there???? Ball was CLEARLY OUT before he was down and there was NO) FREAKING WHISTLE

Forward progress is not reviewable. And it’s clear his forward progress was stopped.

Why wouldn’t we just let the clock run out at the end of 3rd and start the 4th with a fresh set of downs????

Reactions: WSPCock11
Forward progress was definitely stopped. So much so we had two guys lifting him off the field. Sucks but it’s true.

I disagree, he was still falling. If that’s the case then no fumble should be able to be called on a slowing, falling player. Ref was too quick with the whistle.

Reactions: Cybercock
Forward progress was definitely stopped. So much so we had two guys lifting him off the field. Sucks but it’s true.
If that would have been US - they would have reviewed it and UF would have been given the ball - refs make up shit as they go to cover their mistakes- easy to say forward progress was stopped but if so - blow the whistle - whistle was blown when JC was running down the sideline

DE don't seem to have a nose for the ball. After that crap snap, DJ just washed out.

THIS! That was completely misplayed by the end. Lucky we didn’t get called for a face mask. This play is on him. No contain, completely blew the situation. He does his job Franks recovers, it’s 4th and 15 and they punt. That simple.

Reactions: Cybercock
Forward progress was stopped. We had three guys lifting him. If it was us I’d want the forward progress called as well.

But the let Bentley get corralled by the whole gator d earlier before stopping progress Dayum quick whistle if you ask me

Simply amazing how we allow teams to hang around. Our defenders have to play situational ball. Up 3 scores on 3rd and 8...tackle Franks instead of taking angle at that ball. Guys fell asleep and watched the play. Add in some bad luck and here we are with Florida having some life. Huge possession here.
Unfortunately boss its probably gonna be 2.more years before we have the size to really play like Champ and Trob want to ,but the good news is once we get there we r gonna stay there brother, but for now i feel your pain friend.

Reactions: Carolina4
If that would have been US - they would have reviewed it and UF would have been given the ball - refs make up shit as they go to cover their mistakes- easy to say forward progress was stopped but if so - blow the whistle - whistle was blown when JC was running down the sideline

Nope. Can’t review Forward progress. And I’m pretty sure we’ve gotten this same exact call in the past. Can’t remember the play but it was critical. Want to think it was Mike Davis.

A return trip to Florida in January hangs in the balance. Let’s go Cocks!

But the let Bentley get corralled by the whole gator d earlier before stopping progress Dayum quick whistle if you ask me

Yep. I complained about how long they let that go. But the whistle doesn’t have to blow to rule forward progress. That play pissed me off though.

Reactions: jonesz21
F88ng conservative play calling will cost us this damn game - that’s 3 straight runs - WTF - play to WIN don’t play NOT TO LOSE and that’s exactly what we are doin g right now

Wow playing not to close and not playing to win on that possession. Trust your defense !?? Huh

Does Florida celebrate Urban Meyer at all. Spurrier gets the field named after him. Wow!

Anybody else tired of our DB’s hitting a RB and getting carried 5 yards??? - No pressure by this defense - none whatsoever

Reactions: WSPCock11
The good news is a ton of young guys are getting playing experience on defense.

The bad news is a lot of young guys are getting experience playing on defense because of injuries.

$hit here we go. A TD and this is a 3 point game. Amazing.

Last possession they have bad snap we allow them to convert on 3rd and 8.

Fenton dropped a pass straigh to him.

This happens when players don’t make plays.

Wake up guys!!

We have ZERO backside pursuit - these guys are simply cutting back and UF is about to drive NINETY FRDAKING YARDS

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT