ADVERTISEMENT

Florida game thread

These announcers don’t have a clue why we’d take this lead to the half. They haven’t watched enough Gamecock Football. Good half. Need that D to man up. But if we can get out of here only giving up 28 we have a chance.

How awesome would it be if we already had enough points on the scoreboard to win the game? Can’t imagine that’s the case but would love to see our defense stop the run on the 2nd half. We’d do that we can win this.

You have the ball on the 30 with 40 seconds left and and 3 deep threat WRs and don’t make so much as an effort to drive for a FG. Boneheaded game management

Disagree. Think we played that right. We have a QB that has struggled with throwing interceptions. Don’t give them any freebies especially being on the road. That wasn’t Mis-managed at all. May not like the strategy but the strategy was managed very well.

Wish we would have been more aggressive on that last possession. After all, our opponent gets the ball AGAIN to start the half.
But I understand that’s coach’s philosophy.
A nice intermediate throw to a tight end might have worked though.

Disagree. Think we played that right. We have a QB that has struggled with throwing interceptions. Don’t give them any freebies especially being on the road. That wasn’t Mis-managed at all. May not like the strategy but the strategy was managed very well.

He hasn’t struggled with ints these past 2 weeks and has thrown at will today. Deebo can turn a safe 5 yard slant into a 30 yard gain with no problem. No reason he didn’t at least try a couple passes with that much time left

Reactions: Legendary Cock
He hasn’t struggled with ints these past 2 weeks and has thrown at will today. Deebo can turn a safe 5 yard slant into a 30 yard gain with no problem. No reason he didn’t at least try a couple passes with that much time left

Again, I understand not agreeing with the strategy. Personally I think we did what we should’ve. But it wasn’t like we were trying to get points and mis-managed the situation. We were trying to run the clock out and take a shot deep with very little time left. Of course I would’ve liked to have a 14 point lead. But I’m good not taking that risk on the road. Understand other would’ve liked to be aggressive.

Yes but their offense isn’t a passing threat. Ours is moreso than theirs. With them getting the ball to start the half I would have tried to push it down the field with those timeouts.

Exactly. And if Florida drives down the field and ties the game, all our momentum goes to Florida. If we had gone up tempo and tried to score, Florida wouldn't have used timeouts. They would would have wanted the time to run out.

Yes but their offense isn’t a passing threat. Ours is moreso than theirs. With them getting the ball to start the half I would have tried to push it down the field with those timeouts.

I definitely understand why folks would’ve wanted to be aggressive. Still feel like we would’ve had to run the ball to score. I don’t like our offense when we get pass happy and that’s what we would’ve had to have been there. I would’ve been more concerned about a pick 6 than anything. I think the coaches have managed Jake well the past two weeks and I think this was part of managing Jake.

Nine different receivers caught a pass in the first half, including 3 different TE's. That is a huge difference between typical games and last week against Ole Miss and now this week. Prior to the past two weeks, it wasn't uncommon for only like 6 different guys to catch a pass in the entire game.

Exactly. And if Florida drives down the field and ties the game, all our momentum goes to Florida. If we had gone up tempo and tried to score, Florida wouldn't have used timeouts. They would would have wanted the time to run out.

But not if we pass incomplete on 1st down and the clock is stopped anyway. Then you are looking at 2nd and 10, 5 seconds have run off the clock...now what do you do? Risk another incomplete pass? Now only 10 seconds off the clock, in a low percentage conversion situation, and Florida now has 3 timeouts?

I get what y’all aren’t saying, but the fact is this makes some sense both ways. At home I think we would’ve come out more aggressive there. But as I mentioned elsewhere, I think a big part of this is managing Jake. He’s playing well with us trying to be more balanced. Let’s not put him in pass happy situations if we don’t have to. 3 and out would’ve been bad enough. But a turnover would’ve been devastating and we’ve seen that from Jake when we are one dimensional.

Reactions: gcock5
Prediction .... if we hold them to 0 points on the first drive of the second half we win , if we don’t we lose a close one . Very disappointed in this defense . UF is so predictable and we can’t hold a 2 TD lead . Mizzou shut them down the entire game ... Mizzou !?!! Great job by Bentley and Bmac is the first half .

Reactions: Carolina4
Prediction .... if we hold them to 0 points on the first drive of the second half we win , if we don’t we lose a close one . Very disappointed in this defense . UF is so predictable and we can’t hold a 2 TD lead . Mizzou shut them down the entire game ... Mizzou !?!! Great job by Bentley and Bmac is the first half .

Good thing is I feel like we can make corrections to stop the run. Have to eliminate the big runs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT