ADVERTISEMENT

Folks - This is the NFL. Do not get attached to any player.

Do you need me to post the article of Kiffin discussing a potential salary cap idea for the NIL in 2022 and getting mocked about it?

Your are too ignorant to understand the obvious

Colleges have a salary cap - it's whatever the collectives can pay. But there is a cap.

Now, you can't understand this concept because you keep wanting to compare it to something totally different- the NFL.

no matter how often you keep trying to compare it - you always fail

The cap is a moving target- whatever the athletes can earn- which is how it should be in college in a free market system.

1) Members of the military are employees. Athletes aren't employees.

However, is there a free market paying people financial incentives for their service in the military?

If the courts and the Supreme Court rulings don't prohibit it, I have no problem with it. The military might, and the courts can sort that out. But again, that's a different issue given they are employees.

2) Again, NCAA athletes aren't employees. So it's a different- issue. But generally, people that accept jobs at companies can benefit from numerous financial incentives if they are desired like athletes that are getting paid NIL deals.

So the goofy law in place for college athletes is the distinction in your eyes?

in your opinion, what distinguishes a college athletes from someone who is in military other than a goofy law?

Your are too ignorant to understand the obvious

Colleges have a salary cap - it's whatever the collectives can pay. But there is a cap.

Now, you can't understand this concept because you keep wanting to compare it to something totally different- the NFL.

no matter how often you keep trying to compare it - you always fail

The cap is a moving target- whatever the athletes can earn- which is how it should be in college in a free market system.

This is classic. It's not a salary cap, Dave.

The NCAA does not have a cap on NIL earnings.

Nor do they have a cap on how much a team can spend.

That's the entire issue with the NIL.

Hello! Logic is at your door and wants in.

So the goofy law in place for college athletes is the distinction in your eyes?

in your opinion, what distinguishes a college athletes from someone who is in military other than a goofy law?

The Supreme Court shot down efforts to prevent payments- and it was clear the majority was in favor of athletes being paid

Military members are employees. NCAA athletes aren't employees.

Dismissing the differences as a "goofy law" is ignorant given the tens of thousands of pages of case law on employment law - and the differences in employment law and non-employment law.

There are hundreds of federal laws governing the employer-employee relationship (not counting state laws). Some might be goofy to some people. But they are the law and you aren't getting around it by whining about it.,

This is classic. It's not a salary cap, Dave.

The NCAA does not have a cap on NIL earnings.

Nor do they have a cap on how much a team can spend.

That's the entire issue with the NIL.

Hello! Logic is at your door and wants in.

I never said the NCAA had a salary cap. Didn't even mention it.

I said schools have their own caps on what they can spend- said it several times now- too many times even for someone that has trouble reading like you do.

The Supreme Court shot down efforts to prevent payments- and it was clear the majority was in favor of athletes being paid

Military members are employees. NCAA athletes aren't employees.

Dismissing the different as a "goofy" law is ignorant.

There are hundreds of federal laws governing the employer-employee relationship (not counting state laws). Some might be goofy to some people. But they are the law and you aren't getting around it by whining about it.,

So the moral of the story is --

Risk your life for $50,000 a year in the military, represent your country, and protect your fellow citizens.

OR

Play college football make millions per year under the guise that you give a crap about the team you are representing because you aren't technically an employee.

Amerika crafted by woke morons.

Reactions: Patriot321
I never said the NCAA had a salary cap. Didn't even mention it.

I said schools have their own caps on what they can spend- said it several times now- too many times even for someone that has trouble reading like you do.

Do you believe a budget and a salary cap are the same thing?

Risk your life for $50,000 a year in the military, represent your country, and protect your fellow citizens.

OR

Play college football make millions per year under the guise that you give a crap about the team you are representing because you aren't technically an employee.

You are clearly on drugs... LOL

As the husband of a school teacher, it's funny to see diseased minds like yourself finally realize that the free market doesn't value public servants like members of the military, police, fireman, food inspectors, etc. as much as they do athletes.

Do you think people that went to Vietnam were making a free market wage?

It's revealing that it took college athletes to make money to make you realize what has been happening all through-out American history. LOL

I am perfectly happy paying members of the military as much money as is possible. Sounds good to me. I am even willing to pay more a lot more in taxes to make sure we can. I am sure you agree. LOL

Do you believe a budget and a salary cap are the same thing?

I'll repeat this again for you since you are having drug withdrawals today

every college has a salary cap. It's not a budget. NIL deals aren't budgeted items by colleges. LOL. Your mind is shot to heck...

Colleges have a cap on what they can pay. This is the college version of a salary cap.

Everything slowly went to hell after the pros were allowed to participate in the Olympics if you ask me.

Reactions: Neanderthal
You are clearly on drugs... LOL

As the husband of a school teacher, it's funny to see diseased minds like yourself finally realize that the free market doesn't value public servants like members of the military, police, fireman, food inspectors, etc. as much as they do athletes.

Do you think people that went to Vietnam were making a free market wage?

It's revealing that it took college athletes to make money to make you realize what has been happening all through-out American history. LOL

I am perfectly happy paying members of the military as much money as is possible. Sounds good to me. I am even willing to pay more a lot more in taxes to make sure we can. I am sure you agree. LOL

So you're in agreement there's really no distinction between the two professions?

Reactions: turncock
I'll repeat this again for you since you are having drug withdrawals today

every college has a salary cap. It's not a budget. NIL deals aren't budgeted items by colleges. LOL. Your mind is shot to heck...

Colleges have a cap on what they can pay. This is the college version of a salary cap.

Dave, Google is your friend when there are mental deficits like you commonly exhibit.

Do this:
Type in "Salary Cap NIL" and look at all of the articles calling for caps on NIL spending over just the last few months then come to earth with us.

Do this:
Type in "Salary Cap NIL" and look at all of the articles calling for caps on NIL spending over just the last few months then come to earth with us.

Every college has a salary cap - whatever they their collectives can spend.

Nothing on Google is going to change that fact or reality. LOL

So you're in agreement there's really no distinction between the two professions?

NCAA athletes aren't employees.

It doesn't matter how much you want to compare them to employees or call them employees- or pretend they are employees. They aren't.

NCAA athletes aren't employees. They are all free agents with no union, no collective bargaining.

This is the free market- every individual can earn whatever he/she can earn and can make whatever decision they feel benefits them. This is the free market at work.

Every college has a salary cap - whatever they their collectives can spend.

Nothing on Google is going to change that fact or reality. LOL
TROLL. None of what you are saying makes a lick of sense. A cap on NIL spending across the board is what everyone in college football is pushing right now because it is getting out of hand.

Reactions: Ward Jr
TROLL. None of what you are saying makes a lick of sense. A cap on NIL spending across the board is what everyone in college football is pushing right now because it is getting out of hand.

There is a cap- whatever the college collectives can spend. It's not infinite.

It's getting out of hand for older folks that don't like that the players are getting big money.

There is a cap- whatever the college collectives can spend. It's not infinite.

It's getting out of hand for older folks that don't like that the players are getting big money.
Come again? I'm 42 years old. Private Donor Groups can form as many LLCs as they desire. Collectives like Garnet Trust do not have to publically disclosed contributions or use of the funds. Schools like A&M have been called out for spending over $30-40 million in a year. Where exactly does your ceiling come in?

Your mind is damaged by accusing everything of "woke." Your mind is diseased. You should seek therapy today.

Colleges use athletes to make money. Athletes are adults. Americans aren't working for free in a free market system where colleges make profits off the backs of the athletes.

Freshman are adults. They can make as much as they can make.

The SCOTUS has said so.

You want to implement an artificial system to control what adults can make- adults that do not have representation from a collective bargaining unit. That's not going to fly. The courts have said so and make it crystal clear.

I just turned on 107.5 to hear what Jay Phillips is saying- he's saying the same thing I am. He's 100% correct.
Oooh, Jay Phillips! Well damn, why didn’t you say so? Case closed.

Come again? I'm 42 years old. Private Donor Groups can form as many LLCs as they desire. Collectives like Garnet Trust do not have to publically disclosed contributions or use of the funds. Schools like A&M have been called out for spending over $30-40 million in a year. Where exactly does your ceiling come in?

The ceiling is whatever maximum they can pay. It's not the same- clearly- and shouldn't be.

It's not a cap like in pro ball.

The ceiling is whatever maximum they can pay. It's not the same- clearly- and shouldn't be.

It's not a cap like in pro ball.

The salary cap is built in - the non-elite schools all have salary caps

South Carolina has a salary cap
North Carolina has a salary cap
Clemson has a salary cap

They just aren't all the same, but there is a cap.

the schools with no salary cap - is a small few- the elites that have always been at the very top of the chain - with maybe 1-2 exceptions.

Interesting how you've changed your terminology from "salary cap" to "ceiling" over the course of this conversation? Classic Dave.

Predictably - Here comes the push for woke reparations by the ambulance chasers.

No doubt this will end well.

Last edited:
I hope the players get everything they can and deserve.

Teams and fans have to adjust.

This would be the icing on the cake. NCAA being forced to pay would be sweet.

No, the icing on the cake would be them going after the schools too, since they are complicit. Take all those billions in endowments and dole that out. Bankrupt every one of them and start over, this time without all the communists and antisemites. Make them go back to being institutions of education instead of indoctrination.

No, the icing on the cake would be them going after the schools too, since they are complicit. Take all those billions in endowments and dole that out. Bankrupt every one of them and start over, this time without all the communists and antisemites. Make them go back to being institutions of education instead of indoctrination.

You listen to Alex Jones too much.

There are schools in South Carolina that indoctrinate- religious based schools. Bob Jones University is one such example. Military focused schools do a pretty strong job of indoctrinating too. Of course, the military itself indoctrinates heavily and most people think that's fine. So, some indoctrination must be good.

However, colleges/universities are for adults, not children. Adults receiving a college education should be challenged with new ideas and thoughts and opinions that might be very different than what they have heard before.

Endowments aren't going to be touched for athletes. People that give money to a school's endowment do so for specific purposes related to academics. They are often handled by the school's private foundation for various legal purposes.

The goofy obsession with Communists is odd and overwrought- but they have every ounce of freedom as you do in the United States.

In my 6 years in college, I never met a Communist- at least among professors and instructors. In my now 6 years of being a parent to 2 college students (one more to go), I've never seen a teacher that was a Communist.

Now, I did have 1 professor that was pretty right wing and he dabbled in conspiracies. They would sometimes come out in his lectures in class. But this was the early 90s so the students like me just thought he was an odd duck. But, being adults in a college class we just ignored his strange opinions on certain topics. Certainly, didn't need to protest him, or try to get him fired, or whine about it all the time.

I also had 1 teacher in high school that I thought had communist sympathies. But he was such a good teacher that no one paid it any attention- and this was in a small town in South Carolian too. But, being South Carolina, I also had a few high school teachers that pushed their religious views on the students a bit too much. But again, this was in the late 1980s and it was just ignored. We were in high school. A teacher's religious view (or political view) wasn't taken very seriously by students. We were more worried about playing basketball at lunch than our teacher's religious opinion.

But most every college/university is going to have some Communists, some white nationalists, some conspiracy nuts on the right and left, some religious nuts, some anti-religious nuts, various extremists, members of cults of one form or another, and pretty much everything else anyone can think of given most universities are small- medium sized cities.

A school like the USC-Columbia campus is larger than dozens and dozens and dozens of cities/towns in South Carolina and every town in South Carolina has some pretty extreme people.

Last edited:

OR

News note for those as ignorant and blatantly hypocritical as Ward

This is not new. This has been the case for a long, long, long time. In fact, it's the American way.

Right wing heroes like drug addict and serial divorcee Rush Limbaugh use to openly mock and make fun of people that thought teachers and public servants like fire fighters should be paid based on their worth to their communities.

As the husband of a teacher, I laugh at you though that you think the United States was built on the idea that people that serve in the military, serve as teachers, police, firefighters, etc make money based on their importance to society.

College athletes getting paid for their physical abilities and services to a public university fits in perfectly with the traditions of the United States.

There are schools in South Carolina that indoctrinate- religious based schools. Bob Jones University is one such example. Military focused schools do a pretty strong job of indoctrinating too. Of course, the military itself indoctrinates heavily and most people think that's fine. So, some indoctrination must be good.

However, colleges/universities are for adults, not children. Adults receiving a college education should be challenged with new ideas and thoughts and opinions that might be very different than what they have heard before.

Endowments aren't going to be touched for athletes. People that give money to a school's endowment do so for specific purposes related to academics. They are often handled by the school's private foundation for various legal purposes.

The goofy obsession with Communists is odd and overwrought- but they have every ounce of freedom as you do in the United States.

In my 6 years in college, I never met a Communist- at least among professors and instructors. In my now 6 years of being a parent to 2 college students (one more to go), I've never seen a teacher that was a Communist.

Now, I did have 1 professor that was pretty right wing and he dabbled in conspiracies. They would sometimes come out in his lectures in class. But this was the early 90s so the students like me just thought he was an odd duck. But, being adults in a college class we just ignored his strange opinions on certain topics. Certainly, didn't need to protest him, or try to get him fired, or whine about it all the time.

I also had 1 teacher in high school that I thought had communist sympathies. But he was such a good teacher that no one paid it any attention- and this was in a small town in South Carolian too. But, being South Carolina, I also had a few high school teachers that pushed their religious views on the students a bit too much. But again, this was in the late 1980s and it was just ignored. We were in high school. A teacher's religious view (or political view) wasn't taken very seriously by students. We were more worried about playing basketball at lunch than our teacher's religious opinion.

But most every college/university is going to have some Communists, some white nationalists, some conspiracy nuts on the right and left, some religious nuts, some anti-religious nuts, various extremists, members of cults of one form or another, and pretty much everything else anyone can think of given most universities are small- medium sized cities.

A school like the USC-Columbia campus is larger than dozens and dozens and dozens of cities/towns in South Carolina and every town in South Carolina has some pretty extreme people.

What a crock of shit! The President of HARVARD was asked in a Congressional hearing last week...

'At Harvard, does calling for the genocide of Jews violate Harvard's rules of bullying and harassment?'

Her answer...

'It can be, depending on the context,' And she wasn't the only one.

Universities are infested with leftist, commie, American-hating, antisemite nutjobs. Fact.

There's the problem,6 years of college,you're one of these people that think that make's you smart,not so

News note for those as ignorant and blatantly hypocritical as Ward

This is not new. This has been the case for a long, long, long time. In fact, it's the American way.

Right wing heroes like drug addict and serial divorcee Rush Limbaugh use to openly mock and make fun of people that thought teachers and public servants like fire fighters should be paid based on their worth to their communities.

As the husband of a teacher, I laugh at you though that you think the United States was built on the idea that people that serve in the military, serve as teachers, police, firefighters, etc make money based on their importance to society.

College athletes getting paid for their physical abilities and services to a public university fits in perfectly with the traditions of the United States.

This is right up there with your last position -- namely that salary caps are in place in the NIL and each school has their own. That was a holiday special. :)

As a former member of CNN+, I do realize you will likely be the last standing in terms of sobering up to the fact that your Nuevo Progressive Party is now openly promoting war, censorship, mandates, unbound immigration, big banks, big pharma and so much more...Pretty much all of the things they stood against prior to 2008 before the gangsters arrived.

With that said, let's look at the ethos of the Progressive Democratic Party to which you ascribe -- "Ending poverty and income inequality and securing a living wage for all people. Protecting the fundamental right to organize. Ending mass incarceration and advancing equal justice under the law. Taking urgent, inclusive, and transformative action on climate change."

The NIL has 99 problems.....Let's just examine the two most obvious and apply that progressive spirit above to the NIL in it's current form:

1) Fairness and Equity within a Team: High-profile players or those in certain sports have more access to lucrative deals, creating disparities within teams and across different sports.

How does the current NIL system promote equality on any level? QBs and WRs receive millions a year while those doing the same job and helping make them successful (OL, RBs, Defense) receive little to nothing?

How is this "leveling the playing field," Dave? If you're a "team," shouldn't the money be spread as a team?

2) Fairness and Equity across Teams: High-profile schools and those with exponential resources can now increase their inherit advantage via their access to capital. This only serves to widen the gap between the haves and have-nots. It also serves to depreciate competition on the field by orders of magnitude.

How is this "leveling the playing field," Dave? If College Football is going to continue to hold itself out as a competition on the field, shouldn't there be guardrails (e.g. Salary caps, etc.) in place to support that cause?

Last edited:
This makes the transfers much easier to understand. The players are a flip of a coin. Plug and play.

On Average- nothing has changed

The better teams will always be good.

The average teams will always be average.

The bad teams will always be bad.
The NFL has player contracts and a salary cap. The NFL this ain't...

What a crock of shit! The President of HARVARD was asked in a Congressional hearing last week...

'At Harvard, does calling for the genocide of Jews violate Harvard's rules of bullying and harassment?'

Her answer...

'It can be, depending on the context,' And she wasn't the only one.

Universities are infested with leftist, commie, American-hating, antisemite nutjobs. Fact.

and many things are infested with right wing nut job fools including most of South Carolina and our elected reps. Welcome to America.

Harvard is not every university.

To think Harvard is representative of every university is as stupid as thinking Alex Jones is representative of every Republican. To think everyone at Harvard thinks the same thing or they think the same thing as students at WVU or Nebraska is foolish. That's lazy, ignorant thinking.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT