ADVERTISEMENT

For those that know how to evaluate OL....Why was Trai Jones so underrecruited?

MTsumner92

Jul 31, 2005
I am absolutely in love with his film. I feel like we stole something with him. What am I missing?

I am not exactly sure. Perhaps his program at Abbeville is not a big program known for producing DI FB talent. Jones was a 4-year starter on the OL, so it's not like he was a late bloomer. He was All-Lakelands as a OL, and played in the Shrine Bowl.

He had offers from smaller programs like Army, Navy, App State, Coastal, Georgia State, and got a late offer from Miami. He is a bit undersized as a OL (6-2) but has great strength and athleticism - maybe his measurables put off the legit DI programs who never saw film or evaluated him in person.

He was a solid 3* per Rivals and a 4* per 247sports. So basically he could end up being just about anything. Hopefully he develops into

He’s small right now. I’d like to see what he can do on the DL with that kind of athleticism tho.

and he runs a 4.6 forty!!! I don't know what's missing... time will tell I guess...
Don't know for sure, but he probably never attended any of the HS combines. Burch would have been rated a 3-4*star, like Huntley or Etienne were. Attending the combines ,are the big difference. He could be just the surprise that we badly need.
I think that Huntley is a better player and will be playing on Sundays. His heart is the reason. Burch's heart has been in Basketball in the past. I can see Jordan playing basketball overseas after a successful career on the court and on the field in Columbia.
I could be wrong but it is possible. The 2nd or 3rd best player in state AAU BB each summer was either Morant or Burch. Zion was always the best.
Just throwing this out, because I know Burch's fondness for basketball and his plans to play wherever he went.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT