ADVERTISEMENT

"Frank's best team talent wise"

I have been as hard on our basketball program as anyone over the past three years. However, it is tough to evaluate this ball club given what they have gone through with Covid. Further, they definitely have not been able to ease into the season. We have gotten Missouri, LSU, and an Auburn team that has taken a jump since they added Shariffe Cooper a couple weeks ago. Not quite sure if our tough start is a product of not being prepared for SEC play or that we are not very good. I see we have several complaints about the shooting. However, AJ Lawson was 6-7 from 3 when I gave up on the game and we scored 42 first half points. The issue, at least today was defense. You are not winning if you are giving up 57 first half points. It’s just that simple. Steph Curry and/or Kyrie Irving are not going to bail you out when you are taking the ball out of the net that much. Hopefully, this team can put together a couple weeks of hard practices with its entire group. Then you can get a better gauge of their progress.
All this might be true. Auburn gave up 42 to us so they’re not exactly a great or even good defense. But Pearl has figured out a win to win. Is he dirty, maybe so, But my point is he knows how to win. Score more points than the other team, When have we had enough of our really high character coach that can’t get us to the NCAA tournament but once in 8 + years. He’s a good guy....but I personally have never liked his foot stomping, berating manner. Apparently neither have highly rated recruits. I guess our AD, President and Board are satisfied with ONE NCAA tournament appearance since their 2004!!!!
Pathetic

I have been as hard on our basketball program as anyone over the past three years. However, it is tough to evaluate this ball club given what they have gone through with Covid. Further, they definitely have not been able to ease into the season. We have gotten Missouri, LSU, and an Auburn team that has taken a jump since they added Shariffe Cooper a couple weeks ago. Not quite sure if our tough start is a product of not being prepared for SEC play or that we are not very good. I see we have several complaints about the shooting. However, AJ Lawson was 6-7 from 3 when I gave up on the game and we scored 42 first half points. The issue, at least today was defense. You are not winning if you are giving up 57 first half points. It’s just that simple. Steph Curry and/or Kyrie Irving are not going to bail you out when you are taking the ball out of the net that much. Hopefully, this team can put together a couple weeks of hard practices with its entire group. Then you can get a better gauge of their progress.

Exactly. When you give up 109 points you’re going to lose most of the time. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a usc team get carved up that bad on defense. Probably Darrin Horn’s team that lost at Furman.....

Chemistry, discipline, and grit have been constants for Franks teams. This team is lacking those things. It might be due to Covid, it might be lack of practice, empty arenas. I'm not giving up on them, but I need to see improvement in those areas.
And those three things have yielded such spectacular results over the years, I'll give you a friendly heads up, we are what we are, these beatdowns will continue.

Wow you’re brilliant. How do you do it?
Silver, you said Chemistry, discipline and grit have been the constants of Frank’s team and then further said this team is lacking in those traits.
I think Alaska made a very valid point that those traits have nor resulted in a very successful program. I fail to see anything wrong with Alaska’s opinion that e will continue to see bad losses.
it looks like our basketball program is in a permanent state of mediocrity or worse under this Head Coach, Ad, President and Board.

Reactions: ddw1263
Silver, you said Chemistry, discipline and grit have been the constants of Frank’s team and then further said this team is lacking in those traits.
I think Alaska made a very valid point that those traits have nor resulted in a very successful program. I fail to see anything wrong with Alaska’s opinion that e will continue to see bad losses.
it looks like our basketball program is in a permanent state of mediocrity or worse under this Head Coach, Ad, President and Board.
It was a formula that gave us enjoyable teams. It was fun to watch, and we’ve been in the top half of the SEC for several years. We can’t expect a tournament team every year, but we should expect to move in cycles. I was confident that we were at the top of the cycle this year, but it hasn’t been so. Our teams under Frank have competed hard every year. This year, I don’t see it. So when he says “Enjoy the beatdowns” that’s a backhanded remark. I don’t enjoy beatdowns. I enjoy good basketball- which we’ve had every year under Frank. Unfortunately, we do not have that right now.

Never claimed brilliance, I simply offered you a thank you and wish you well in supporting a bad basketball team. I've seen this movie play out many times so the ending is no surprise to me anymore.

I guess in your world “You’re welcome” is “Thank you” and that I said we are missing discipline and chemistry means I like beatdowns. Are you reading my posts before you respond?

It was a formula that gave us enjoyable teams. It was fun to watch, and we’ve been in the top half of the SEC for several years. We can’t expect a tournament team every year, but we should expect to move in cycles. I was confident that we were at the top of the cycle this year, but it hasn’t been so. Our teams under Frank have competed hard every year. This year, I don’t see it. So when he says “Enjoy the beatdowns” that’s a backhanded remark. I don’t enjoy beatdowns. I enjoy good basketball- which we’ve had every year under Frank. Unfortunately, we do not have that right now.
I don’t agree with your opinion that we’ve had good basketball every year under Frank. But I respect your opinion and you can make arguments to support your viewpoints. Maybe I just disagree with your definition of good. I might agree that we can’t expect a NCAA tournament team every year but disagree that we can’t expect at least an NIT or NCAA tournament team every year.

Reactions: ddw1263
I don’t agree with your opinion that we’ve had good basketball every year under Frank. But I respect your opinion and you can make arguments to support your viewpoints. Maybe I just disagree with your definition of good. I might agree that we can’t expect a NCAA tournament team every year but disagree that we can’t expect at least an NIT or NCAA tournament team every year.
My whole point has been we look terrible right now. I was used to seeing discipline and chemistry, and we don’t have that. I’d like to see that again.

I guess in your world “You’re welcome” is “Thank you” and that I said we are missing discipline and chemistry means I like beatdowns. Are you reading my posts before you respond?
Wow, maybe you have short term memory issues, my "You're Welcome" was a direct address to your "Thanks Yogi", hope that clarifies your confusion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT