ADVERTISEMENT

Furman or Wofford?

Wofford ('05) - Actually played football against Carolina in 2001 at Williams Brice. I believe Carolina (and every team) canceled games after September 11th attack. Therefore Carolina had to play another game on their bye week later that year. Wofford gladly canceled our game with Youngstown State in order to play Carolina on their bye week.

Please note: When I say played, I mean I was on the team and played great football in warm ups. That's the most I saw the field during that game. I believe Ryan Brewer ran the opening kick off back for a touchdown or something like that at the beginning of the game. I can't remember but it was on Carolina side line, I do remember that.

We also played Clemson that same year and I believe both scores were 38-14. However I believe we were tied with Clemson at half and Carolina was beating us 35-0 before calling off the dogs. Thanks Holtz!

Originally posted by Rod Dangerfield:
Basketball, Baseball, Golf, Tiddly Winks, what??
SoCon Championship in Basketball. Furman was the last seed and Wofford is the top seed in the tournament. Even though I like pulling for the underdog, I am pulling for Wofford tonight. Remember if Wofford loses tonight, they will get a NIT bid. I know it is still an outside chance for USC to make the NIT, but the more 1 seeds from the 1 NCAA berth conference make the tourney, the better chance we could make the NIT.

Wofford!! With a win it will mean Wofford has gone to the dance 4 of the last 6 years! Kudos to coach Mike Young and the Terriers.

Originally posted by mtubs18:

Wofford ('05) - Actually played football against Carolina in 2001 at Williams Brice. I believe Carolina (and every team) canceled games after September 11th attack. Therefore Carolina had to play another game on their bye week later that year. Wofford gladly canceled our game with Youngstown State in order to play Carolina on their bye week.

Please note: When I say played, I mean I was on the team and played great football in warm ups. That's the most I saw the field during that game. I believe Ryan Brewer ran the opening kick off back for a touchdown or something like that at the beginning of the game. I can't remember but it was on Carolina side line, I do remember that.

We also played Clemson that same year and I believe both scores were 38-14. However I believe we were tied with Clemson at half and Carolina was beating us 35-0 before calling off the dogs. Thanks Holtz!
Wofford has played the Gamecocks I believe 3 times since then and the games were competitive, also Wofford played Clemson well. I think Wofford's qb was not able to play the year you played, or was injured, Travis Wilson from Newberry right?

I wouldn't be too smug in this case. They have been to the dance more than we have in the past several years! Oops. I think Furman.

This post was edited on 3/9 4:09 PM by saltlifeGamecock

I'm pulling for Furman. I grew up 2 miles from the Furman campus and went to grad school there. I'm in Illinois today, but will be able to watch the game on ESPN2.

Go Wofford --Mike Young is a great coach ! The College of Charleston made a big mistake in not hiring him last summer . Wait until they build the new Wofford basketball facility that will be second to none in their league .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT