ADVERTISEMENT

Gamecocks favored at Vandy

I hope they`re right. Think the line will go down. I don`t know why they think we will win but let`s hope we will.

I hope they`re right. Think the line will go down. I don`t know why they think we will win but let`s hope we will.
I was honestly expecting Vandy to either be favored or for it to be a pickem. What this line is saying is that USC would be -6 on a neutral field and -9 at home.

Just watched some highlights but it appeared Vandy failed at least twice in the ND red zone.
They had a great chance at the end. Needed a player to make a play and he didn't. They dug a very deep hole and couldn't climb out of it. Respectable showing for a loss, I suppose, but they were always behind the curve.

One of the better games of the day I believe. Vandy had many chances to beat ND and just failed. Good luck!
The previous week Ball State had a chance to beat Norte Dame. It seems Vanderbilt was a sleeper or dark horse team last season, then they played Alabama and were beaten by 59 points. I respect Vanderbilt but I do not fear them or think South Carolina should wave the white flag before the game is played. If Vanderbilt could not defeat South Carolina in 2016 then they likely will not beat South Carolina this weekend.

Last edited:
We could have our hands full. They looked pretty good on both sides of the ball against Notre Dame. I don't think our team will take them lightly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baltcock96
Everyone singing Vandy praises will be talking junk about them after we beat them. Watch. Taters gonna Tate

Let's not mince words, this is all but a must win for Muschamp and staff. ND is at best an average team. A blowout loss to UGA at home, when many expected it to be a defining moment in year 3, coupled with a loss at Vandy would be a difficult pill to swallow. We shouldn't be sweating these at this juncture. Optimistic we'll have a comfortable win.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
"defensive exploit Georgia discovered"? ..... well, i coulda saved a lot of valuable time 4 all of u.....its called depth.
It wasn't depth, but inexperience. They held Georgia to 13 points offensively, in the first half, exactly as I expected. But Georgia immediately exploited things they found and discussed at halftime. We gave up containment from the get-go in the third quarter. One or two players got exposed on film. I saw one LB completely lost on some plays. His position was taken advantage of on that pass just over center that scampered toward the left pylon for a TD. Secondary watched him run by. Our defense wilted from lack of confidence (i. e. experience), not from the heat. The score got out of hand and they gave up. A lack of maturity. The prevalent arm tackles proved that youth had returned to the team. The freshmen need to step it up and remember fundamentals.

Let's not mince words, this is all but a must win for Muschamp and staff. ND is at best an average team. A blowout loss to UGA at home, when many expected it to be a defining moment in year 3, coupled with a loss at Vandy would be a difficult pill to swallow. We shouldn't be sweating these at this juncture. Optimistic we'll have a comfortable win.
It'll be another "wait til next year" year... in week 3...

With that said I'm hopeful and optimistic.

This game probably determines whether SC wins 4 games or 8 games this year

Exactly what I was going to say, with this exception, 3 wins or 9 wins.

After this Saturday I think we will be able to see / predict the remainder of the season very clearly.

They are three games Saturday that are going to be a harbinger of things to come for USC in 2018.

1. Obviously our game with Vandy.
2. The UGA vs Missouri game.
3. And the MSU vs UK game.

It does not take a football genius to figure out but if the following occurs we are going to be looking at a 3 or 4 win season at best, imo.

If we lose to Vandy, Missouri keeps it close with UGA and /or UK beats or keeps it close with MSU.

Last edited:
We could have our hands full. They looked pretty good on both sides of the ball against Notre Dame. I don't think our team will take them lightly.

Well, Mason stated during the SEC media days Vandy would be a much better team this year. It sounded like he was challenging his team to put up or shut up. All I'm saying is Vandy is a dangerous animal backed into a corner.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT