ADVERTISEMENT

Gamecocks land 2021 commitment out of Georgia

Ok I'm sorry not trying to be a Debbie Downer but you see UGA signing a wr that ran a 10.23 100 and we get a guy to commit that ran a 11.73 100.Track speed isn't everything I know but just makes me wonder why we are taking this guys commitment. I know we beat UGA last year but I also remember what Mecole Hardman did to us in 18 and our guys looked like they were in quicksand while he ran around us all day.This guy is faster than Hardman.Hell look at what he is doing with the Chiefs. Speed kills. I bet the guy looked good in camp and all but sometimes you just have to recruit pure speed and for our team its an issue.
Champ has increased team speed overall but at receiver is where its really lacking as well as db's.Just an observation.Jalin Hyatt anyone.

Ok I'm sorry not trying to be a Debbie Downer but you see UGA signing a wr that ran a 10.23 100 and we get a guy to commit that ran a 11.73 100.Track speed isn't everything I know but just makes me wonder why we are taking this guys commitment. I know we beat UGA last year but I also remember what Mecole Hardman did to us in 18 and our guys looked like they were in quicksand while he ran around us all day.This guy is faster than Hardman.Hell look at what he is doing with the Chiefs. Speed kills. I bet the guy looked good in camp and all but sometimes you just have to recruit pure speed and for our team its an issue.
Champ has increased team speed overall but at receiver is where its really lacking as well as db's.Just an observation.Jalin Hyatt anyone.
I agree, no receivers equals no offense.

You can't ask for better coaches than that," he said. "I love T-Rob's personality. Playing for T-Rob, you learn life skills and how to be a better man overall. The message from him was to stay humble and keep working."

I’ll take kids like this all day long. Welcome!!

Actually I think the CB position has changed a bit . Receiver are bigger and stronger rather than fast and agile . Sure you will always have your Hills and Hardmans that run like Cheetahs but look at the best WR in the NFL right now ... Michael Thomas , Deandre Hopkins , Julio Jones , AJ Green (when he’s healthy). None of those guys besides maybe Julio are 4.4 guys . Even the best CB like Gilmore , Patrick Peterson , Richard Sherman, Tradavious White , etc etc none of these guys are burners . However they can out physical most receivers and that’s what makes them special . Back in the day guys like Deion and Darrell Green were a must because most receivers were smaller and fast . I think the WR position has changed as well as TE’s being split out as WR . Deion was one of the greatest players in history but on his best day he’s gonna struggle with 6’6 250 lb TE’s like Kelce or Kittle . That forces the defense to change to bigger , more physical DB’s .

Actually I think the CB position has changed a bit . Receiver are bigger and stronger rather than fast and agile . Sure you will always have your Hills and Hardmans that run like Cheetahs but look at the best WR in the NFL right now ... Michael Thomas , Deandre Hopkins , Julio Jones , AJ Green (when he’s healthy). None of those guys besides maybe Julio are 4.4 guys . Even the best CB like Gilmore , Patrick Peterson , Richard Sherman, Tradavious White , etc etc none of these guys are burners . However they can out physical most receivers and that’s what makes them special . Back in the day guys like Deion and Darrell Green were a must because most receivers were smaller and fast . I think the WR position has changed as well as TE’s being split out as WR . Deion was one of the greatest players in history but on his best day he’s gonna struggle with 6’6 250 lb TE’s like Kelce or Kittle . That forces the defense to change to bigger , more physical DB’s .

I think the LB's are going to change/are changing more than the defensive backs. The need to be able to cover guys more than stop the run nowadays. Especially in the NFL.

Reactions: humble servant
I agree with alot of what you posted but thats the pros.The windows in college are way more open and alot of that usally comes from being outrun and outathleted...if there is such a word.The size thing does ring true but 5'10 165 or 170? Heard he has some bigtime teammates but man we aren't good enough yet to be taken kids just to get a teammate thats higher ranked.

I agree with alot of what you posted but thats the pros.The windows in college are way more open and alot of that usally comes from being outrun and outathleted...if there is such a word.The size thing does ring true but 5'10 165 or 170? Heard he has some bigtime teammates but man we aren't good enough yet to be taken kids just to get a teammate thats higher ranked.
He could easily be 6' or 6'1 190 by the time he gets to us... Give him some time to grow he's a baby man.

I think the LB's are going to change/are changing more than the defensive backs. The need to be able to cover guys more than stop the run nowadays. Especially in the NFL.
The pendulum will swing the other way someday. 49ers and Titans had success with old man FB this year. And it's nice to see. I know the casual football observer prefers lots of vertical passing. But I think the real fans of the game like to see a team pound out a win.

Reactions: USC15

Hard to say what his size really is, his profile says 5’11” 185. Truth is he’s likely somewhere in the middle with what you posted.

But the kid hasn’t even been to his Jr Prom yet, has potential to grow a lot.

Oregon and Minnesota offered him, I bet he has more offers start rolling in. Seems like several programs wait on our staff to offer before showing interest. Bet Pruitt has an offer to him before the end of Spring.

Reactions: Garnetskies
If a DB gets an offer from our staff, I trust it 100%. That's the one area i am confident in, our corners.

Hey I hope the kid turns out to be a hard nosed dog and as someone above mentioned Champ and Trob do know db's.Just concerned about the speed deficit overall.

That... Is exactly why we need to take kids that give us these in roads with their more highly ranked teammates though. You have this backwards, the fact we are not at that top level is why we have to do whatever it takes to get in front fo the best players... Including recruiting a teammate we think might help our chances

Hey I hope the kid turns out to be a hard nosed dog and as someone above mentioned Champ and Trob do know db's.Just concerned about the speed deficit overall.
He is at the top of our board as far as the DBs we want in that class. So they are very high on him. More stars are coming for him.

A team built around 3☆ Wins Conference Championships. It sucks we don't play in a Conference that happens in.

I’ll be honest, OP. When I saw the title of this thread, my first thought was...dang, are we recruiting another coach who went to UGA? Such is life as a Gamecock at the present time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT