ADVERTISEMENT

Get a Grip

kappa kock

Jun 10, 2000
I'm not thrilled with the way we won, but it could be worse. We could be FSU. They lost to an FCS team today. Our defense is playing well. We are starting to develop receivers. Our problem is getting better on the O line, and settling on running Harris as the main back instead of the rotation we have. We also need to pass to our backs and TE's more. I saw a team that didn't give up, so let's don't give up on them...

I'm not thrilled with the way we won, but it could be worse. We could be FSU. They lost to an FCS team today. Our defense is playing well. We are starting to develop receivers. Our problem is getting better on the O line, and settling on running Harris as the main back instead of the rotation we have. We also need to pass to our backs and TE's more. I saw a team that didn't give up, so let's don't give up on them...
Unfortunately, you're battling a vocal minority. Most true fans understand the game much better than the loudmouth numbskulls you're addressing. They are the Shane detractors that can't wait to say I told you so.

I'm not thrilled with the way we won, but it could be worse. We could be FSU. They lost to an FCS team todayGive. Our defense is playing well. We are starting to develop receivers. Our problem is getting better on the O line, and settling on running Harris as the main back instead of the rotation we have. We also need to pass to our backs and TE's more. I saw a team that didn't give up, so let's don't give up on them...
Agree. He may not have been my favorite and I didn't at all agree with the process that resulted in his hire, but you have to give the man a chance...and that means more than a couple of games, a lot more. Give the guy a few years to see what he is capable of.

My only complaint since he was hired was his decision to stay at OU instead of coming directly here...as we may have been able to hang on to a few of the players that transferred out if he were here and talking to them. He many not have been able to, but we will never know.

I’m sorry but the offense sucked today. It just did. They didn’t realize you could get the edge on ECU until the 4th quarter even though App State put it on tape for them to watch! App did it all day long against ECU. All. Day. Long. What do we do? Jam the damn thing up the middle for 3 quarters.

I’m sorry but the offense sucked today. It just did. They didn’t realize you could get the edge on ECU until the 4th quarter even though App State put it on tape for them to watch! App did it all day long against ECU. All. Day. Long. What do we do? Jam the damn thing up the middle for 3 quarters.
Take a rest dude. Sleep on it. Enjoy the win.

Do you even understand the game other than just staring at and watching guys run around? Do you understand that ECU was sending blitzes off the edge/outside almost every play? There's a lot the coaches and players have done wrong in these two games, but there's a legit reason why you saw us try up the middle. If our Oline would do their job, the runs up the middle would of worked considering ECU was removing a defender from the 2nd level to rush the edge. But I 100% see your frustrations with everything. I see 100% improvement already on both the defensive and offensive schemes and plays being used compared to muschamp's teams.

Reactions: Gaimcock
This team looks bad against to IMO inferior teams.. however the team is 2-0 HELL YEAH and Go cocks!! It feels good to be 2-0, I don’t seeing it becoming 3-0 but for now let’s enjoy!!

Do you even understand the game other than just staring at and watching guys run around? Do you understand that ECU was sending blitzes off the edge/outside almost every play? There's a lot the coaches and players have done wrong in these two games, but there's a legit reason why you saw us try up the middle. If our Oline would do their job, the runs up the middle would of worked considering ECU was removing a defender from the 2nd level to rush the edge. But I 100% see your frustrations with everything. I see 100% improvement already on both the defensive and offensive schemes and plays being used compared to muschamp's teams.
They were blitzing because when we had a certain tight end in the game they knew they could. When we had the last drive to get in position to kick the field goal we were able to get the edge because we had the other tight end in there. I don’t think we’ve improved 100% from Muschamp, we still get way too many personal foul penalties, way too many celebrations after a large gain, stupid stuff like that.

Yeah hopefully Beamer will talk to White about the penalties on defense. And the offense has to work on ball security. That's the two things I see that still reminds me of muschamp teams.

My only complaint since he was hired was his decision to stay at OU instead of coming directly here...as we may have been able to hang on to a few of the players that transferred out if he were here and talking to them. He many not have been able to, but we will never know.
Just playing devils advocate, two things....

1) He may very well have talked to guys who left. They may have just wanted a change, and didn’t want to stick around for the rebuild.

2) Sometimes you can gain addition through subtraction. May very well have improved the team if guys with negative attitudes left. Even after losing basically our whole DBackfield to the NFL or the portal, our pieced together group seems to be playing much better as a unit.

Just playing devils advocate, two things....

1) He may very well have talked to guys who left. They may have just wanted a change, and didn’t want to stick around for the rebuild.

2) Sometimes you can gain addition through subtraction. May very well have improved the team if guys with negative attitudes left. Even after losing basically our whole DBackfield to the NFL or the portal, our pieced together group seems to be playing much better as a unit.
I don't disagree with either of those. That's why it would have been nice for him to be here and talk with them. We lost some talented young players and if he could've gained their trust and confidence, it could've helped. No guarantees they would have stayed or that we would have wanted them to....but that a coach could determine.

Reactions: OldWiseCock
They were blitzing because when we had a certain tight end in the game they knew they could. When we had the last drive to get in position to kick the field goal we were able to get the edge because we had the other tight end in there. I don’t think we’ve improved 100% from Muschamp, we still get way too many personal foul penalties, way too many celebrations after a large gain, stupid stuff like that.
I heard our staff intentionally did what they did on "O" in these first 2 games 'cause they truly want that ugaLY defense to be convinced that we are TERRIBLE and are in NO WAY even a minimal threat to them!! In fact, I've also heard from my insider that though us fans won't know for certain until Saturday at kickoff, Doty WILL START against ugaLY and they will have NO IDEA what to expect nor how to best defend such until after the 1st half, and even then still not everything we're capable of!!!

So all y'all negative Nellies just CHILL!!! Have a little faith and back off all the B_tchin' til after our next game, and then y'all all have at it after seeing this team play is BEST GAME SO FAR in 2021!!!

Later,

G

:cool:😇🤣😂😂

It's frustrating because either: 1) we weren't capable of doing anything else against ECU or 2) our coaches were incapable of making adjustments. Either way, it was a putrid showing on offense. Yeah, we're all glad we won and all that, but it's ok to be bummed that our offense seems to have regressed since last season.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Agree. He may not have been my favorite and I didn't at all agree with the process that resulted in his hire, but you have to give the man a chance...and that means more than a couple of games, a lot more. Give the guy a few years to see what he is capable of.

I respect his decision to complete his obligation with OU. It was the honorable thing to do. That is the type of leader you want. It means you can expect him to hold his coordinators to a similar standard.

I respect his decision to complete his obligation with OU. It was the honorable thing to do. That is the type of leader you want. It means you can expect him to hold his coordinators to a similar standard.
That is without a doubt the alternative argument....and a pretty good one. I just feel with his personality he could've held onto a few players that were good players and that we need.

Sometimes it seems South Carolina fans have to suffer a lot before they can be happy.

Reactions: rhinocock72
I agree with this 100%. He is dependable, honorable and a hard worker.

Bingo — we have a winner!!!

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT