Could Frank have pulled this off?

• Yes

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • No

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Maybe eventually in the same manner this played out

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
He was recruited heavily by Martin, and got his first college offer from us I believe. Even after committing to UNC, USC was his #2 choice, and he already admitted upon committing to UNC that Martin's firing played a huge role in him choosing the Tarheels. With his family choice for him to reclassify, UNC would still be unable to take him for 2022, regardless of who is head coaching our MBB program. I think he'd still come to us had things played out the same way....

With him most likely being one and done I'm not sure the long term benefit is a game changer for USC Basketball. It's one season with not whole lot of talent around him.

For some reason I feel he will be stay for at least 2 years and maybe even more. He is young. He could leave a legacy here if he wants too

Reactions: Cock-a-Doo
The question simply is related to do you think Frank Martin could’ve pulled this off - that being said I voted “no” because Frank never could land a top guy like this in his 10 years here

Reactions: Jbouton2
Yes, 100%. Most likely wouldn't have committed to UNC the first time. I'm not saying Frank's the man, but with this situation, it was working out in Frank's favor. It doesn't matter now though. It's time for us to capitalize on this opportunity. Use GG as much as possible for marketing, recruiting, etc.. Hopefully it'll equal some wins this season as well.

Reactions: Cock-a-Doo
If he really is the #1 guy in his class then he’ll be gone in 1 year because the nba will take him on his potential ceiling.
With that said, I’m hoping we can get a transfer or two here that otherwise would not, but wants to play with him. Maybe a couple top 100 guys that will be staying for 3 years and that lead to a catalyst string of better recruiting. But GG himself and his on court talents will prob be 1 season.
Sometimes a single player can take you to the dance (Michael Bishop) So maybe he can get us 24 wins and a birth.

If he really is the #1 guy in his class then he’ll be gone in 1 year because the nba will take him on his potential ceiling.
With that said, I’m hoping we can get a transfer or two here that otherwise would not, but wants to play with him. Maybe a couple top 100 guys that will be staying for 3 years and that lead to a catalyst string of better recruiting. But GG himself and his on court talents will prob be 1 season.
Sometimes a single player can take you to the dance (Michael Bishop) So maybe he can get us 24 wins and a birth.
That’s the hope we have.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT