ADVERTISEMENT

Good Sunday morning Gamecock nation!!

cockymom2boys

Dec 28, 2000
It's a new day and a new wk.
If you opened your eyes this morning and saw faces you love, be grateful.
If you woke up in your own bed and got up on your own, be grateful.
If you heard voices that make you smile, be grateful.
If you have a refrigerator with food, be grateful.
If you have a car that cranks, be grateful.

Hope some of you get my point.
I'm sure the others will trash me and this post, but I'm ok with that.

GO COCKS!

GO COCKS!
Just let me give you a big Amen Sister on the above list.

Haha
I get what you are saying too but sometimes when times are challenging, you have to accentuate the positive.

Times are rarely as good or bad as they seem.
Didn't Lou Holtz used to say something like that?
Yeah he also used to say don’t tell me how rocky the ocean is just row the boat. He was PJ Fleck before it was cool. Unfortunately we are a long way removed from those days.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
What kind of dogs?
Rescue mutts are my favorite pups.
That's exactly what they are...mutts. But they're good dogs, even the troublemaking barkbox. I guess they could be called rescues. One just showed up in the neighborhood and started wandering around for a couple of days. He didn't have a collar or chip, so he became my dog. The vet estimated he was around two years old at the time. The other one...the sweetest girl on Earth, I got when she was around one. Her owner was older and started having health problems and could no longer take care of her. She's not too bright, and enjoys licking things, but is a good dog.

My rescue, Joy, doesn’t even care how bad Gamecock football has become, she loves me unconditionally. My 19 yr old daughter does as well, she’s a USC student and still doesn’t care how bad USC football is. She is there every week pulling for them!!

Reactions: cockymom2boys
Bottom line of what OP was saying, the play of 18-22 year old kids on Saturday should not be the end all of where we gauge our lives to be. It is a passion for most of us, yes but in the grand scheme of things it ranks down the list. God, spouses, kids, friends, and many other things come first. Many of the posters here live and die with wins and losses.

GO COCKS!
This should be called the Gamecock Anthem, it is about the only attitude that will keep you coming back for a terrible entertainment product year after year.

GO COCKS!
God is good and everyone has something to be thankful for…but this is a Gamecock board.

Everyone has accountability at their job, the USC AD department is no exception. There should be no free passes, especially for some of the salaries these folks steal.

At the end of the day of course sports are nothing more than a nice distraction for fans, but you can say that about most things in life.

GO COCKS!
We are blessed far beyond what we deserve. CFB is rather trivial in the grand scheme of things.

I love my life, and have so very much to be grateful for. Also our football team sucks.

God is good and everyone has something to be thankful for…but this is a Gamecock board.

Everyone has accountability at their job, the USC AD department is no exception. There should be no free passes, especially for some of the salaries these folks steal.

At the end of the day of course sports are nothing more than a nice distraction for fans, but you can say that about most things in life.
I agree with everything you wrote but Shane Beamer is only responsible for this year.
He is not responsible for decades of bad football. Just trying to lighten the mood/ keep things in perspective.

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
Agree with all you said BUT every Gamecock fan realizes that as long as AD Tanner is in charge, Gamecock fb will never be relevant again.

Reactions: cockymom2boys

GO COCKS!
It’s always a wonderful Sunday following an Alabama loss. America’s most hated team!

That's exactly what they are...mutts. But they're good dogs, even the troublemaking barkbox. I guess they could be called rescues. One just showed up in the neighborhood and started wandering around for a couple of days. He didn't have a collar or chip, so he became my dog. The vet estimated he was around two years old at the time. The other one...the sweetest girl on Earth, I got when she was around one. Her owner was older and started having health problems and could no longer take care of her. She's not too bright, and enjoys licking things, but is a good dog.
Dogs are better than people

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT