ADVERTISEMENT

Goodbye Kingston

And with that, I guess LSU is one run from total garbage. And #2 UK has to be total garbage. #5 Arkansas is a disaster. And Alabama is just plain pathetic.

In case you're like myself and can't get enough of Cockytalk84, he also can be found each Tuesday kicking puppies on Gervais between the hours of 12-3pm.
Glad that you are into moral victories. Is Kingston your daddy?

It was a sad sad year. And sad effort these last couple games. This team will be two and out in Pickens, at least, like someone stated, they probably won’t even play the taters!! Thank goodness. At least the taters won’t put an end to this!! When does Women’s BBall start??

I didn't see a sad effort these last couple of games. This team is capable of beating the best and losing to teams we shouldn't. No predictions here for any CWS play. Anything can happen and we're very streaky.

Reactions: mikeypen
I didn't see a sad effort these last couple of games. This team is capable of beating the best and losing to teams we shouldn't. No predictions here for any CWS play. Anything can happen and we're very streaky.
I did. Did you not see all the unforced errors?? They let #11 seed LSU beat them twice. They blew big leads. Today the blew an 8 run lead, 8!! IMO sad effort!! If you think it was a stellar effort, Good for you!!

I did. Did you not see all the unforced errors?? They let #11 seed LSU beat them twice. They blew big leads. Today the blew an 8 run lead, 8!! IMO sad effort!! If you think it was a stellar effort, Good for you!!

I think we played 5 days straight and beat some of the best teams in the country along the way. LSU has 40 wins and is a good baseball team who got a day off yesterday. They also beat many good teams this week. We made errors. They made errors. We lost a close one.

Super weird that we can survive that many days of a tournament and go further than anyone would have guessed yet finish up feeling like we are worse off than I thought. Didn't see that coming

Well said. It sucks to lose like that. Gotta come back with same intensity next week and shore up the defensive miscues.
It's definitely not the way you want to lose! I'm not going to put it all on the players but I wouldn't want to guess how many times pitchers go through fielding a ball and throwing to first base, it should be instinctual, but pressure factors in, that's baseball. Same thing with getting your glove down at first base, I played 3 or 4 years of Little League, I can't remember hearing anything more than "keep your glove down" I assume Casas thought the hop was going to come up and it didn't, but if he had kept his glove down it would have saved a run or two! It's the same thing at third, if you can't field a ball cleanly at least try to get in front of it and keep it in the infield, they don't call it the hot corner for nothing, I would think a ball is hit harder to third than any other position, it's a tough position, I played a little and having one get by you can get in your head. I think Kingston realized that and pulled LeCroy for that reason, unfortunately, Ellis wasn't much better. I guess my point is you can coach certain plays to death and in a split second the player has to make the play and sometimes it doesn't go your way and then again maybe our guys just aren't up to top SEC baseball standards.

Last edited:
Reactions: sclawman77
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT