ADVERTISEMENT

Happy 67th Birthday to the Nature Boy..

jeff2001

Apr 5, 2003
Anybody that uses the word "swag" should have to pay him royalties.
ric-flair-49ers-panthers-order.jpg

Use to see him a good bit around Ballantyne and the South Park area in Charlotte, but I don't go there as much these days. He was always polite, but it didn't take long to figure out he doesn't like it if people approached him.
So I would raise my fist and pat my bicep, and he would just smile and go about his business.

Last time I saw him his arms were still as big as a gorillas!

Reactions: fire ant
I remember a spot they did with a very young flair. This would have been before he had big bucks. They had him standing out in front of a yacht . He was talking about how wealthy he was and that he was the greatest thing ever and then he started talking about all the women - I don't remember exactly what he said but it was classic over the top cocky flair . It was along the line of how a bunch of redneck women want to be with him but aren't worthy. He was blinged out talking major crap - I need to see if it somehow made it to cyber land

Last edited:
That's why I want get the WWE network, it makes me sick, that Vince McMahon got his hands on the NWA/WCW catalog!
I have it an love it. If you're a wrestling fan, then I think you should get it. The old stuff is great to watch, I missed it all being born in the 90's and only getting into wrestling in the early 2000's after Austin retired. I love the network for what they do today, such as NXT, the U.K. Tournament was fantastic. Look up Pete Dunn, he was simply amazing in it from a story telling perspective. Also if you watched the PPVs it's a bargain.

Reactions: Brace1
Anybody that uses the word "swag" should have to pay him royalties.
I saw the Nature Boy wrestle in the early 1970's in Sumter before he made it big. He was wearing purple paisley tights. I enjoyed watching wrestle him for many years.

Use to watch him in the early to mid 70's down here at County Hall. He always put on a great show, always ended with his blonde hair all bloody. Saw him wrestle Blackjack Mulligan, Wahoo McDaniel, Roofus Freight Train Jones, Paul Jones, etc.........

Reactions: stevestrat2
Anybody that uses the word "swag" should have to pay him royalties. Brought talking trash to another level, , I saw him wrestle many times in Charleston back in the seventies and early eighties. He could bring the excitement like no other. One of the greatest entertainers in the ring that there ever was.

Dayam. Did he tell you to call him daddy?
lol no.
Me and my friend saw him in the airport getting off a flight, he was toasted. Me and my friend yell "Boo....Rick Flair you suck" in what we thought was a playful manner.

He responds full persona, only slightly slurring his words replied " Oh yeah kid!?!? Well I f***'d your mother!
along with his signature "Whoo!" as he bustled into the busy airport. It was awesome, and is one of my cherished childhood memories.

lol no.
Me and my friend saw him in the airport getting off a flight, he was toasted. Me and my friend yell "Boo....Rick Flair you suck" in what we thought was a playful manner.

He responds full persona, only slightly slurring his words replied " Oh yeah kid!?!? Well I f***'d your mother!
along with his signature "Whoo!" as he bustled into the busy airport. It was awesome, and is one of my cherished childhood memories.
Picture, or it didn't happen.

Bought me and my friends beers and dogs at Franks back in the day after hanging out in the Elbow Room with countless other wrestlers. Great guy.

Wonder how old those Von Erich boys would be had they not died young?
Back in the 80s, we used to have a big satellite dish in the back yard. You could watch wrassling from all over tbe country. Tbe Von Erichs were just as popular as the Cowboys.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT