ADVERTISEMENT

Hate to see BM leave. Urich your time is now***

BM isn't a quitter. He's just not good enough to play QB in the SEC. That was proven on the field.

Reactions: king ward
I can't recall it all play by play or game by game, but BM never looked fast last year, while Shaw showed plenty flashes early on. I guess the difference is that Shaw had Dylan Thompson who was a grateful 2 star that was overjoyed with the PT he got. Lead him to a cup of coffee in the NFL.

That was true last year but if he stayed and worked hard who knows what he could have done. Connor Shaw didn't look so great his first game either

Connor is a football junkie. Did he play any other sports in HS or before?

For better or worse, it's difficult to be a multisport athlete at a power 5 school. Especially baseball at USC.

I've heard of some student-athletes who have opted to attend a D-II or D-III school so that they could play multiple sports. But these are probably folks who realize that they don't have the skill sets to play professionally.

I'm thinking that BM is going to have to do some more soul searching to determine where to go from here, both in schooling and in sport(s). I, too, add my best wishes to him.

You cant really not be serious with that Brandon is a quitter BS. His reps in practice last year & spring this year are QB draws. Why would kid who is receiving NO DEVELOPMENT TRAINING stick around to be a USC back up QB. Ridiculous to think any intelligent kid would stay...!!!
The real question is, will you be making plays next season?

I have a sense you are correct, but I believe a case could be made that the body of work was a little skimpy as a test.

Problem was in ten games, of baseball he had zero at bats and was only used as a pinch runner in one game K State and no pinch hitter at bats, which probably frustrated him.

And in football, i would love to know how many true freshman QB's res shirted last year vs played in all conferences, its tough to do.

But his height and lack of experience combined with our offensive line/Blocking woes (Hurst whiffed a bunch to) and the WR injuries, was not going to lead to success for him as our QB. At least Bentley when he is pressured which was about every other passing play could still see downfield to make a play on the move.

I hope Brandon goes community college route in baseball and gets drafted high and gets paid in baseball and starts working toward the majors.

Reactions: 92Pony
Problem was in ten games, of baseball he had zero at bats and was only used as a pinch runner in one game K State and no pinch hitter at bats, which probably frustrated him.

And in football, i would love to know how many true freshman QB's res shirted last year vs played in all conferences, its tough to do.

But his height and lack of experience combined with our offensive line/Blocking woes (Hurst whiffed a bunch to) and the WR injuries, was not going to lead to success for him as our QB. At least Bentley when he is pressured which was about every other passing play could still see downfield to make a play on the move.

I hope Brandon goes community college route in baseball and gets drafted high and gets paid in baseball and starts working toward the majors.
I thought since he made an appearance in a game, he couldn't go the JUCO route with the same benefit (as far as the draft) as going JUCO straight out of HS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT