ADVERTISEMENT

Hearing Ellis on staff in an anaylst role

Ellis Johnson not Todd Ellis.

Ellis Johnson is sitting at home.

Todd Ellis has his day job of being a lawyer and his part time job of play by play and being the voice of the Gamecocks. I think he is occupied.

Pretty sure this is the same dude starting a similar thread on TOS... About Todd Ellis. This time though he implies “he heard it is a possibility”... Probably in reference to this thread he started on TOS.

Pretty sure this is the same dude starting a similar thread on TOS... About Todd Ellis. This time though he implies “he heard it is a possibility”... Probably in reference to this thread he started on TOS.
I guess the op would have to clarify which one he is talking about. Heard just as many rumors about Ellis Johnson. The one's about Todd Ellis is just made up by someone that is bored trying to get someone riled up Ellis Johnson as an analyst is an actual possibility.

I guess the op would have to clarify which one he is talking about. Heard just as many rumors about Ellis Johnson. The one's about Todd Ellis is just made up by someone that is bored trying to get someone riled up Ellis Johnson as an analyst is an actual possibility.
Yeah Ellis makes some level of sense obviously given his to s of experience coaching and his history her before during and after Shane’s own tenure. Obviously that is the “Ellis” who might be considered. I am simply pointing out that another guy with birtually the sane screen name on the other main Gamecocks forum seems to think we should hire Todd Ellis as prt of the coaching staff...

I would be all for Ellis Johnson being in an analyst role with the team. He probably doesn’t want to be on the sidelines but reviewing film and helping game plan might still interest him.

Reactions: rogue cock
I would be all for Ellis Johnson being in an analyst role with the team. He probably doesn’t want to be on the sidelines but reviewing film and helping game plan might still interest him.
Also, his recruiting connections and his respect with HS coaches would pay huge dividends.

I have a friend that knows Ellis well,and said Beamer has had a couple conversations about being on the staff in some kind of a capacity! I personally don’t think it would be such a bad thing! He loves the Gamecocks!

Reactions: MtnGamecock57
According to coach johnson's radio friends, it's the exact opposite. He doesn't want to do the behind the scenes stuff. He wants to coach.

Reactions: MtnGamecock57
He's very interested in being a position coach and on the field. He makes a lot of sense. Shane worked under Ellis
and set the territories for the position coaches during the good Spurrier years. He did sign Jeffrey, but Jay Graham got Lattimore; Ellis got Clowney,
Gilmore and Holloman(all same school), Plus he knows the state well and would bring experience and stability to a
new staff. Hope he keeps Bobo and Connor. I also vote for Rod Wilson, Mike Peterson, Tracy Rocker, Bobby Bentley and Des Kitchings(with what he did this year with Harris he deserves a promotion-imagine what that backfield will look like if we plug LLoyd in!) I'm also pulling for Chris Rumph to come back home as the Defensive Coordinator-with Houston losing today he may want to--even though he was interviewed for the head coach job-he's developed 25 NFL Draft selections and coached at some of the best schools in the Nation(Clemson, Alabama, Florida, Texas, Tenn, etc , coached high school at Calhoun Country and was outstanding linebacker for the Gamecocks and grad assistant. Beamer can fill in the rest of the blanks. But please no old men from Va Tech.

Reactions: rogue cock
This guy has been here many years and the biggest thing is to collect a check and add to his retirement. He was a consultant before and the defense looked no better. Hire younger please. Derrick Mason would be better.

I dont think Ellis has the same contacts that he had in SC high schools before. He can't recruit in that role. He could certainly bring a wealth of experience in the analyst position. He had help bringing in Clowney.

2dUq.gif

EJ was an analyst already here for a few years, Muschamp brought him on to use his experience, EJ wanted to pad his state retirement a bit more. He could've stayed on as an analyst, decided not to.

IMHO he still has an urge to coach, quite frankly I think it'd be a HUGE mistake bringing him on staff. We need to go younger.

When EJ left to go coach Southern Miss part of the reason was that he was having trouble relating to recruits. He gave up on recruiting Clowney, handed his recruitment over to Ward.

His time has passed, we need to move on.

Reactions: PC31 and SOSUSC
Ellis Johnson may have lost his touch. I've heard him repeatedly say that Muschamp was an excellent coach.

Reactions: SOSUSC
Lots of hate for Todd Ellis. He has always been 100% Gamecock. I am sure he could do a better job than the guy (the AD) selecting coaches.

Last edited:
Lots of hate for Todd Ellis. He has always been 100% Gamecock. I am sure he could do a better job than the guy selecting coaches.
Todd is going to select a couple guys and then those guys will select a couple guys and then those guys will select a couple guys and eventually the staff will be full.

Todd is going to select a couple guys and then those guys will select a couple guys and then those guys will select a couple guys and eventually the staff will be full.
Todd has no say so on who will be on staff,just saying don’t be surprised! He has great knowledge of the game,and loves the university!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT