ADVERTISEMENT

Herbstreit just said

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t care either way, but I just don’t get the blowout picks. UGA lost the 2 best RB’s of all time (yes they were very good), playing on the road in a hostile environment, not to mention except for 2012 and 2015, this game hasn’t been much of a blowout either way since 2000. It could very well happen, I just don’t see the reasoning behind it.

Here they come ... Herbstreit haters because he has an opinion that differs from many on this site
Yes because we are supposed to lavish him with praise for picking us to be blown out, or are we are supposed to be silent because the great Herbstreit has spoken?

Don’t care either way, but I just don’t get the blowout picks. UGA lost the 2 best RB’s of all time (yes they were very good), playing on the road in a hostile environment, not to mention except for 2012 and 2015, this game hasn’t been much of a blowout either way since 2000. It could very well happen, I just don’t see the reasoning behind it.

Agree that there's no reason to think that this game won't be close considering the usual trend in the series as well as the fact that it's being played in Columbia.

I wouldn't call Chubb and Michel the two best UGA RB's ever though with guys like Herschel Walker, Todd Gurley, Terrell Davis, and Garrison Hearst being former UGA RB's though regardless of how much hype they sometimes got. I actually think their offense will have similar productivity this year with Swift at RB, Fromm being allowed to do more in the passing game, and Justin Fields potentially being given limited packages to get him in the game.

Their defense should be worse though given that they lost all of their LB's from last year.

Don’t agree with the pick, but he is a good announcer. Usually Calls it as he sees it. He moved to Nashville after the Ohio State crowd got pissy because he said something negative about the Buckeyes. Living in Nashville vs Columbus OH, he definitely benefited from the controversy.

Reactions: king ward
not the two best, but I would agree with the two best on the same team. my issue with Herbie is that it seems like he always picks like this against us. I realize it's not every time, but his love of clemson and picking against us makes me suspect. good analyst though

Here they come ... Herbstreit haters because he has an opinion that differs from many on this site
I don't hate him because of this one game prediction. I have been disliking him for his Clemson lovefest over the last 6 or 7 years. During our 5-peat he consistently picked them to beat us

Really...you've never noticed how he crawls up clemson's ass every chance he gets?

Oh I get it. If he mentions how dominant the Clemson DL line will be this year (like every other sports analyst) then he's showing favoritism.
Now it's so obvious how much he loves Clemson and hates us.

Reactions: bosoxcock
Oh I get it. If he mentions how dominant the Clemson DL line will be this year (like every other sports analyst) then he's showing favoritism.
Now it's so obvious how much he loves Clemson and hates us.
No, obviously it's not just one mention or instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT