ADVERTISEMENT

Hilinski good bye message to us, he is a class act

USC 1992

Oct 2, 2020
“South Carolina,

“Thank you. Thank you for giving my family and I a home when we didn’t know where home was. Thank you for the roars at Williams-Brice Stadium. Thank you for the smiles, hugs, handshakes and warm greetings. I will forever be grateful for this state and the life I found after losing my brother.

“Thank you for the silence at the beginning of every third quarter in support of mental health awareness. That silence has helped “destigmatize mental health for student athletes all over the world. That silence has prompted so many others to no longer remain silent in their suffering. Thank you for keeping my brother’s name alive by raising three fingers and supporting Hilinski’s Hope.

“Thank you to Coach Muschamp, Coach Beamer, Coach Shaw and the entire coaching staff at South Carolina, I grew as a person and as a player because of the challenges I was facd with and the teaching that came along with those challenges.

“To my past and current teammates, I am forever grateful for you guys. I love you and I was happy walking into 6 a.m. weights and runs because I got to see you guys. You picked me up when I was down and ran with me when I was standing. You guys are my family and I will always be here for you like I know you will always be there fo rme.

“This has been the hardest decision I have had to make in my entire life. It pains me writing this letter knowing what I am leaving behind. It is with a heavy heart I have decided to enter the transfer portal to fulfill the promise I made to myself and my brother.

Forever To Thee.”

p.s. Muschamp you couldn't teach me to play QB but maybe i can teach you how to be a class act

“South Carolina,

“Thank you. Thank you for giving my family and I a home when we didn’t know where home was. Thank you for the roars at Williams-Brice Stadium. Thank you for the smiles, hugs, handshakes and warm greetings. I will forever be grateful for this state and the life I found after losing my brother.

“Thank you for the silence at the beginning of every third quarter in support of mental health awareness. That silence has helped “destigmatize mental health for student athletes all over the world. That silence has prompted so many others to no longer remain silent in their suffering. Thank you for keeping my brother’s name alive by raising three fingers and supporting Hilinski’s Hope.

“Thank you to Coach Muschamp, Coach Beamer, Coach Shaw and the entire coaching staff at South Carolina, I grew as a person and as a player because of the challenges I was facd with and the teaching that came along with those challenges.

“To my past and current teammates, I am forever grateful for you guys. I love you and I was happy walking into 6 a.m. weights and runs because I got to see you guys. You picked me up when I was down and ran with me when I was standing. You guys are my family and I will always be here for you like I know you will always be there fo rme.

“This has been the hardest decision I have had to make in my entire life. It pains me writing this letter knowing what I am leaving behind. It is with a heavy heart I have decided to enter the transfer portal to fulfill the promise I made to myself and my brother.

Forever To Thee.”

p.s. Muschamp you couldn't teach me to play QB but maybe i can teach you how to be a class act
Great kid, who got screwed over by Bobo bringing his QB, who should never have started, with him. For all the Bobo sunshine pumpers, there is a reason all of the UGA fans used to call him Coach Booboo. Best wishes to Ryan, a class act who deserved better at USC.

Great kid, who got screwed over by Bobo bringing his QB, who should never have started, with him. For all the Bobo sunshine pumpers, there is a reason all of the UGA fans used to call him Coach Booboo. Best wishes to Ryan, a class act who deserved better at USC.
That's the most common thing overhead in USC FB circles. Muschamp's legacy will be that he has no clue how to use QBs. He wastes them. On the other hand, RH is not hurt terribly. He'll transfer into a school that runs his offense and have a good chance of playing with no penalty.

That “PS” ....... added by op? Hilinski didn’t put that in there, I know...?

With our horrible pass protection, RH would have been throttled all year long. He dodged a bullet not playing this year.

He is a great kid and a class act and will do great in the right system.

This should be our traditions moving forward. Not only for Hilinski’s Hope, but for the other poor souls out there who need mental health help, specially now with the lock downs in the last year.

“South Carolina,

Forever To Thee.”

Bobo is missing in his thanks, and this is conspicuous. I think he never got a fair shot after Hill arrived. IMO I feel we let him down, after his family moved all the way from California. I hope he gets a great break and lights it up. somewhere.

Reactions: Brace1
“South Carolina,

Forever To Thee.”

I don't see how anyone under the circumstances could show any more class than this. He deserves a scholly somewhere based on this alone.

He singled out the guy who was fired, the guy he never played for and the film dude but not his position coach?
I read it. But then he also mentioned everyone who wasn't those 3.

I'm going to take some heat for this comment, but here it goes. Rumor has it that RH missed meetings and workouts. That's not something helpful to winning the starting position. If he did so, I don't hold it against Bobo for not playing him more. I suspect RH has been checked out for a while. He's choosing to leave. I wish him only good fortune.

Last edited:
I read it. But then he also mentioned everyone who wasn't those 3.

I'm going to take some heat for this comment, but here it goes. Rumor has it that RH missed meetings and workouts. That's not something helpful to winning the starting position. If he did so, I don't hold it against Bobo for not playing him more. I suspect RH has been checked out for a while. He's choosing to leave. I wish him only good fortune.

Please check your sources/rumors. You have the cart before the horse. What I heard that he was being sidelined. This might have caused him to miss practices.

Please check your sources/rumors. You have the cart before the horse. What I heard that he was being sidelined. This might have caused him to miss practices.
Either way, he’s making the decision.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT