ADVERTISEMENT

Hilinski to Northwestern.

Yep
We got some quitters that just transferred in..they quit on their previous teams right? So we just replaced our quitters with someone’s else’s
Double standard....they're only "quitters" if they leave USC, not the other way around.

Just like Steve....most never made a fuss when he "quit" the skins.....we were glad to have him.
But when he "quit" USC?
tenor.gif

Honestly Ryan never had a chance with Bobo . With no spring practice and very little time to bring in a new offense there was absolutely no way Ryan could beat out a guy who had been in Bobo’s system for 5 years . Impossible . In my opinion Ryan earned the right to come into the season as the starter . He was thrown into an impossible situation his freshman year and played outstanding football against very good competition until he was hurt . He gutted thru injuries behind one of the worst OL’s in college football . He deserved the benefit of a doubt . He should have started opening day and if he played like crap then you make the change . This was a clear example of Dumbass Muschamp thinking short term trying to save his miserable career than long term doing what’s best for the program and the kid . In my opinion the Muschamp / Bobo the clown show may be the worst thing to happen to this program in a long time . Hillinski never should have touched the field his freshman year , same with Bentley . Honestly i would be smiling from ear to ear if Ryan goes to Northwestern and blows it up . Fitzgerald is a hell of a coach . I’m definitely pulling for them .

That’s my point. Dakereon does not have the arm strength that you think you would need on a competent offense. However, we couldn’t get anybody deep all year and the couple times we did the receivers couldn’t catch the ball. Therefore, we were reduced to screen passes,little hitches to Shi hoping he would break a tackle, and an occasional 8-10 yard dump to Muse across the middle. Forget Dakereon. Antonio Hefner could have done that (You need to have been around awhile to get the point).

I’ve “been around a while”.

Dakereon can’t run an offense, neither could Hefner. Or Aramis Hillary. Or the plethora of other unsuccessful QB’s we’ve had over the years. Brendan Nosovitch was a Parade All American, he wound up at Boston College playing TE.

Reactions: kidrobinski
You do realize that QBs work on footwork all the time regardless of level of play and/or success. Peyton Manning was famous for constantly working on his cone shuffle drill throughout his career. He didn’t stop working on things just because he was successful.

Yes, successful QB’s work on footwork and mechanics.

Unsuccessful QB’s don’t, particularly when they refuse to put in the work because they don’t like being told they’re doing something wrong.

TIFWIW, my understanding is that was the issue that sunk him to third string. Doesn’t make him a horrible person, just more along the lines of someone who’d always been told how great he was, then couldn’t handle simple constructive criticism.

I just have to shake my head at the people pushing the conspiracy theory that Bobo and Muschamp had it out for him, or that the starting position was preordained for Hill.

Bobo’s Dad is a QB coach. Bobo played QB, and has coached several QB’s to the NFL. Coaching QB’s is his life. When he states early on that someone has mechanical issues, you can take it to the bank. I’m not a QB coach, and I could clearly see his mechanics slipping throughout his freshman year.

Unsuccessful QB’s don’t, particularly when they refuse to put in the work because they don’t like being told they’re doing something wrong.

TIFWIW, my understanding is that was the issue that sunk him to third string. Doesn’t make him a horrible person, just more along the lines of someone who’d always been told how great he was, then couldn’t handle simple constructive criticism.

I just have to shake my head at the people pushing the conspiracy theory that Bobo and Muschamp had it out for him, or that the starting position was preordained for Hill.

Bobo’s Dad is a QB coach. Bobo played QB, and has coached several QB’s to the NFL. Coaching QB’s is his life. When he states early on that someone has mechanical issues, you can take it to the bank. I’m not a QB coach, and I could clearly see his mechanics slipping throughout his freshman year.

Why did his 5th year senior QB suck so bad then? Hill's mechanics were garbage. I'm not a QB coach and I could clearly see that.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979

Mechanics are overrated, there are so many NFL QBs (and even more VERY successful college QBs) that are successful that have unorthodox mechanics. What is important is the ball gets there at the right time.

Here are the facts:

Hill was not good. No one else got to see any playing time until the very end of the season.

Those two dont compute. SO MANY other programs see the QB be ineffective and make a switch. We didnt and it led to us continuing to play like garbage. Hell, Georgia put in a walk-on but the all mighty 5th year season with a terrible W/L record and poor TD/INT ratio - could not be unseated for a series or two?

Reactions: Dizzy01

Bobo has been successful with 5 star QBs surrounded by 5 star talent. Without that he has not shown any ability to identify or develop QB talent.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Also if Collin Hill is so much better and more talented than the other players, why did he leave once Bobo left? Why did he suddenly feel like he did not want to come back to Carolina after Bobo was not the coach?

Also if Collin Hill is so much better and more talented than the other players, why did he leave once Bobo left? Why did he suddenly feel like he did not want to come back to Carolina after Bobo was not the coach?

I’d guess because he doesn’t live in a vacuum. He can hear and read the comments of people bitching nonstop about him. Look at the poison aimed at him just from this site.

Would you want to come back?

He made the “mistake” of being an instate player who came home, beat out a true Freshman and a spoiled entitled Sophomore, and struggled with WR’s who couldn’t catch and an OL who couldn’t pass block.

Coaches thought he was the best option at the time. Nothing I saw tells me I should disagree with them. I appreciate him coming home and giving it a shot.

People here are going to lose their s**t if Gauthier or the transfer from St Francis beat out Doty for the starting spot. Guess it’ll be yet another conspiracy...

I’d guess because he doesn’t live in a vacuum. He can hear and read the comments of people bitching nonstop about him. Look at the poison aimed at him just from this site.

He made the “mistake” of being an instate player who came home, beat out a true Freshman and a spoiled entitled Sophomore, and struggled with WR’s who couldn’t catch and an OL who couldn’t pass block.

Coaches thought he was the best option at the time. Nothing I saw tells me I should disagree with them. I appreciate him coming home and giving it a shot.

People here are going to lose their s**t if Gauthier or the transfer from St Francis beat out Doty for the starting spot. Guess it’ll be yet another conspiracy...
So he didnt read the message boards until Bobo left?

Pretty sure Hill is moving on from College football, it would be his 6th year, so maybe he felt it was time to move on from college?

Maybe, but it seemed odd timing to announce it a few days after Bobo left the program

Or maybe you’re just reading too much into it?

Apparently he’s going to try out hoping to get picked up by a NFL team. Maybe he was waiting on feedback as to what his decision would be, or maybe he talked with his family and decided it wasn’t worth putting up with another year of abuse from feeble people. Gotta remember, he’s an instate guy...he hears the abuse, and his family hears the abuse. All because he was better than the fans’ choice, who sunk to third on the depth chart.

Some of you are hilarious with the Bobo conspiracy theories. The same people here who’d leave a job for a $1/hr raise are bitter because he left for a $1.6 million raise.

And the guy who’d already spent five years in college and had two knee surgeries may have had some conversations with the right people and decided he might be better off trying out now than risking another injury and missing out completely.

Holy shite. You have GOT to be kidding.

The way the Nancies badmouthed him because he made the mistake of being better than their hero?

Yeah. No.

Holy shite. You have GOT to be kidding.

The way the Nancies badmouthed him because he made the mistake of being better than their hero?

Yeah. No.
So why did he wait a day after Bobo left to announce he wasnt coming back? All the reports before hand was that he was going to come back - he even did not walk during senior day.

So why did he wait a day after Bobo left to announce he wasnt coming back? All the reports before hand was that he was going to come back - he even did not walk during senior day.

I just gave you a few possible reasons, yet you keep asking the same stupid question.

Here’s a thought, stalk him on Facebook or Twitter and ask him.

The only thing he did wrong was beat out the fans choice, who proceeded to sink to third string before throwing in the towel and walking away.

Why do some people love beating a dead horse?

I just gave you a few possible reasons, yet you keep asking the same stupid question.

Here’s a thought, stalk him on Facebook or Twitter and ask him.

The only thing he did wrong was beat out the fans choice, who proceeded to sink to third string before throwing in the towel and walking away.

Why do some people love beating a dead horse?
your justifications are more of a stretch than mine but okay. I am giving a very clear cut timeline with facts he did not walk on senior day, there was talks of him coming back, and all signs were pointing to that until Bobo got fired.

Everything else is all conjecture but mine actually has a timeline that raises questions, you are just throwing alot of "maybes" with no real roots

your justifications are more of a stretch than mine but okay. I am giving a very clear cut timeline with facts he did not walk on senior day, there was talks of him coming back, and all signs were pointing to that until Bobo got fired.

Everything else is all conjecture but mine actually has a timeline that raises questions, you are just throwing alot of "maybes" with no real roots

Until you hear it from him it’s all conjecture.

He may have fully intended to come back, and by the end of the season his dad told him he was tired of getting ripped at work because people like you were bitter that he beat out Hilinski. Maybe his family was tired of hearing people say he was hot garbage, and he sucked?

Or maybe he intended to come back, thought about the risk of injury ending any chance of making a NFL roster, did a couple of weeks of info gathering and soul searching, and decided to go?

If Bobo was the catalyst, he could’ve followed him to Auburn. He didn’t. That alone blows your theory out of the water.

Again....why do some people love beating a dead horse?

Hill wasn’t criticized just because he was named the starter over Doty and Hilinski. There were two main factors that led to that.

1) Year 5 under Muschamp and we started a guy that couldn’t lock down the job at Colorado State

2) He just wasn’t good.

If he would have come in and even been a middle of the pack SEC QB things would have been different.

These coaches might actually be able to evaluate talent and see how the player fits. You must have seen that Hill was going to be the preordained QB following Bobo from Colorado and not really having any great stats. It was a fail to start with.

Hill wasn’t criticized just because he was named the starter over Doty and Hilinski. There were two main factors that led to that.

1) Year 5 under Muschamp and we started a guy that couldn’t lock down the job at Colorado State

2) He just wasn’t good.

If he would have come in and even been a middle of the pack SEC QB things would have been different.

Yet he was named the starter, because he knew the offense better and was the best option. The guy you wanted to be given the starting role dropped to third string and left the program.

I’m not going to criticize the guy, looks like he did the best he could with what we had to work with.

Truth be told, it didn’t matter whether he did good or bad, some of you would always be butthurt because he beat out Hilinski. I hope Ryan succeeds at NW, but leaving doesn’t always lead to greener pastures. Jake has transferred twice now trying to find success. Which is sad...if he’d returned he could’ve held most of our passing records. But “fans” complained about him too.

Reactions: kidrobinski
Yet he was named the starter, because he knew the offense better and was the best option. The guy you wanted to be given the starting role dropped to third string and left the program.

I’m not going to criticize the guy, looks like he did the best he could with what we had to work with.

Truth be told, it didn’t matter whether he did good or bad, some of you would always be butthurt because he beat out Hilinski. I hope Ryan succeeds at NW, but leaving doesn’t always lead to greener pastures. Jake has transferred twice now trying to find success. Which is sad...if he’d returned he could’ve held most of our passing records. But “fans” complained about him too.
Just because he did the best he could doesn’t mean it was the best we had just that it was the best we saw. Since his numbers here were on par with what he didn at Colorado State when he was the primary starter he was either bad there as well or they also didn’t give him anything to work with. Of course there other QBs played (and outperformed him) so that’s probably not likely.

The problem is you can’t be named the starter then be bad to mediocre and expect people to be happy with it.

A couple of thoughts. Hill Has a Sunday Arm. Hayden Hurst and Roscoe Crosby had Pro Baseball contracts. Tim Frisbee was the oldest college football player. Oh and Ryan Brewer was Mr Football in Ohio and was passed on by Ohio State.

A couple of thoughts. Hill Has a Sunday Arm. Hayden Hurst and Roscoe Crosby had Pro Baseball contracts. Tim Frisbee was the oldest college football player. Oh and Ryan Brewer was Mr Football in Ohio and was passed on by Ohio State.
I beg to differ, Hill has not got a Sunday arm.

Well, there’s your problem right there! Hill’s got a Sunday arm but all of our games are on Saturdays.

The problem is you can’t be named the starter then be bad to mediocre and expect people to be happy with it.

If the player is the best option you have, does what’s asked of him and plays hard you can’t complain.

Perry Orth was a walk on Publix bagboy, and he was a starter at QB. I never griped about him, because 1) he was our best option, and 2) he played hard and did what was asked of him.

Contrast that to a highly rated guy who apparently couldn’t take legitimate constructive criticism, refused to do what was asked, and pouted about dropping to third string before walking off.

Got to give a guy like D Joyner credit, he wasn’t able to elevate his game as a QB at this level, but he still is willing to do whatever it takes to help the team.

Joey Pankake hit a HR on National Pancake Day.

Welp, guess he is deffinitely not coming back now! 😂

Best of luck kid... Try not to quit again if things get tough.
He wants to play football, not sit on the bench, The going was not tough, sitting on the bench the entire season.

Does this CALIFORNIA kid know what kind of weather it is in EVANSTON, ILL. this time of the year? I was stationed up there from December to April and damn near froze
I don't know what he knows. He probably figures, if others can handle it, then so can he.

Seems like Ryan’s resistance to change anything and Bobo’s insistence that Ryan respect his criticism and accept his coaching, led to a standoff. That probably led to Ryan staying on the bench. Makes sense from the ground level. It’s shortsighted to think it wasn’t the fault of both people. Was ego involved? Probably. Was the product damaged because of it? Probably. Happens everyday in all walks of life.

Ryan got a lot of attention because of his backstory and cause. Hilinski’s Hope is why he got so much attention. Hilinski’s Hope is why fans gave him so much love. Hilinski’s Hope is why he had some clout. Did he use that clout to get some things he wanted personally? Probably. He’s 21 years old. Some of you guys are just itching for a fight to argue your political/personal agenda. Ryan’s real draw as a student athlete was and is very clear.

Where does all this inside info of Hilinski being a guy that refused instructions from Bobo and was a terrible team mate and was just a bad guy come from? Was there an insider on the team giving a report every day of what was going on? Some people seem to have every detail.

If the player is the best option you have, does what’s asked of him and plays hard you can’t complain.

Perry Orth was a walk on Publix bagboy, and he was a starter at QB. I never griped about him, because 1) he was our best option, and 2) he played hard and did what was asked of him.

Contrast that to a highly rated guy who apparently couldn’t take legitimate constructive criticism, refused to do what was asked, and pouted about dropping to third string before walking off.

Got to give a guy like D Joyner credit, he wasn’t able to elevate his game as a QB at this level, but he still is willing to do whatever it takes to help the team.

You knew Orth was the best option because he proved it on the field. You weren’t just told it while every other QB didn’t see the field regardless of the quality of play in the games.

Where does all this inside info of Hilinski being a guy that refused instructions from Bobo and was a terrible team mate and was just a bad guy come from? Was there an insider on the team giving a report every day of what was going on? Some people seem to have every detail.

It's made up. It has just become trendy among some so-called fans to bash Hilinksi. Hill was so bad at QB, they are forced to talk Ryan down in order to try justifying him not getting any playing time this past season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT