ADVERTISEMENT

Hotel Booked in Atlanta - SECCG 12/1/2018

I didn't mention Atlanta...lol. I believe too many of us are underestimating this team and still love to compare them to Fla. etc. We ain't Fla, UT or Jawga let them worry about their guys because from a coaching aspect they're worry about our game. We have to get past the Citadel loss it was that loss that got us our new coach. I hate it when our fans say "We could be good, that is if the other teams don't get better". One year soon those teams will be hoping to get to our level in the East. Just watch.
OK. Get me a room next to yours that year, then.;)

OK. Get me a room next to yours that year, then.;)
It could be sooner than you think my brother. I simply believe we are getting there by watching recruiting, how the team responds to Muschamp, how they get along as a team aka: chemistry. I watched the spring game and saw hustle by everybody, remember King, we finished second last year in the East with young'uns. We have players transferring who would have been starters three years ago. The Jawga game will be the biggest game we have played in years.

It could be sooner than you think my brother. I simply believe we are getting there by watching recruiting, how the team responds to Muschamp, how they get along as a team aka: chemistry. I watched the spring game and saw hustle by everybody, remember King, we finished second last year in the East with young'uns. We have players transferring who would have been starters three years ago. The Jawga game will be the biggest game we have played in years.
As I stated last week, I believe we are on the rise. The division's doability depends, not so much on how good Georgia is, but how many teams we have to get past. I expect Florida to regain equilibrium under Mullen. That would make it tougher. I don't have a bead on UT at all right now. They bear watching, though, but probably later rather than sooner. But I'm optimistic we can get solidly into the top three in the East. Then it's just a matter of who can beat whom in a round robin situation.

As someone else said, let’s make sure we beat Kentucky. As for that upstate team, they have virtually the same defense that hasn’t allowed us to score a point in the first, second or third quarter in the past two games. I will believe it when I see it. I wish that entire defensive line would have gone pro. But they all came back. I say 8-4. Hope I am wrong.

As someone else said, let’s make sure we beat Kentucky. As for that upstate team, they have virtually the same defense that hasn’t allowed us to score a point in the first, second or third quarter in the past two games. I will believe it when I see it. I wish that entire defensive line would have gone pro. But they all came back. I say 8-4. Hope I am wrong.
A sincere, thoughtful, and well-taken post.

Reactions: griffgolf
The real season starts with the last game

Always has

Always will

This guy gets it.

Glad to see a young buck understand where priorities should lie when wearing the Garnet & Black.

Did we have a good offensive gameplan in any games last season?

No.

You generally can cancel a reservation in advance with no penalty. I'm sure they want have a problem selling out that weekend.

They won't have a problem selling out that weekend, but I bet the won't want him to cancel his reservation in the 11th hour.

I just hope we can manage to beat Kentucky

This is how far we've fallen.

In regards to hating teams, here is an example of what we live with here in Greenville. I picked my daughter up from a prominent middle school early today. As we were leaving I see the resource officer’s car in the parking lot with an orange tiger paw front plate. Now this is an official Greenville County Sheriff deputy’s car, not his personal car! I told my daughter we don’t live in Greenville. We live in Orangville. I would say Orangeburg, but that name is already taken. I wonder if he flies orange flags too!

I think you should report the jackass.....& what, pray tell, is a "prominent middle school?"

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
Rod , I was brought up right by true Gamecocks

When I was a kid in the farmers market I thought they invented tailgating

You have to cut me a little slack on my Gamecock Jerseys but your welcome at my tailgate anytime

I do wear a collared shirt for homecoming

My tailgate is the one with pirate flags across the street from where Jaco’s used to be

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
"They won't have a problem selling out that weekend, but I bet the won't want him to cancel his reservation in the 11th hour."

Yeah, I noticed my error but couldn't find the edit function on my phone at the time. Not sure if the connection wasn't loading everything properly or what.

Generally, he'd likely know in advance of the 11th hour if the Cocks weren't gonna make it. Your last SEC game is on November 10th.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
I went ahead and booked a room at the Ritz Carlton downtown for the weekend of 12/1/2018.

If you did indeed book a room at the Ritz downtown, you would be better off booking at the Ritz in Buckhead. Better options in restaurants, bars, shopping, etc. And your still close to the stadium

Rod , I was brought up right by true Gamecocks

When I was a kid in the farmers market I thought they invented tailgating

You have to cut me a little slack on my Gamecock Jerseys but your welcome at my tailgate anytime

I do wear a collared shirt for homecoming

My tailgate is the one with pirate flags across the street from where Jaco’s used to be

I may take you up on that....on homecoming weekend. Couldn't stomach it if you were wearing a jersey.

I had rooms reserved in Omaha last year. Won't do that again.

512ffefd05246.image.jpg

I hope I'm wrong, but this probably isn't the year we snap the streak. I have to see the new offense/Junior year Bentley before making that prediction.

I'll take an Atlanta appearance over a Clemson win.
We are as good as Syracuse and Pitt so it could happen

I went ahead and booked a room at the Ritz Carlton downtown for the weekend of 12/1/2018.

This is the year we put it all together and make our return to Atlanta for the first time since 2010.

Coastal - W
Georgia - W
Marshall - W
@Vandy - W
@Kentucky - W
Mizzou - W
A&M - W
Tennessee - W
@Ole Miss - W
@Florida - L
Chattanooga - W
@Clemson - L

The schedule sets up beautifully, but I do think we will have one slip-up in conference on the road.

Georgia has to travel to Williams-Brice and to LSU in addition to Auburn at home.

Mark it down. This is the year. We will be favored in every game except for Georgia and Clemson. The stars will align. Someone save this post for the first weekend in December.
unless we really improve, you're gonna be a bit disappointed...js

If you did indeed book a room at the Ritz downtown, you would be better off booking at the Ritz in Buckhead. Better options in restaurants, bars, shopping, etc. And your still close to the stadium

There is no longer a Ritz in Buckhead. Was rebranded. And Buckhead to MBS is pretty far.. Could easily MARTA though

We tend to have selective memory. We see 9 wins with a win over Michigan in the bowl game and naturally think 10 wins should be the benchmark this year. However, we avoided finishing 6-6 last year by the skin of our teeth. But for a miracle finish against Louisiana Tech, who knows how the season would have gone?

There's reason to be optimistic about this Gamecock squad. The fact that we didn't lose those games means they have a toughness that was often lacking within the program. And the change in offensive coordinators shows that Muschamp understands where the problems were. But this team could be significantly better than last year and still not exceed our win total from last year.

Reactions: Harvard Gamecock
This guy gets it.

Glad to see a young buck understand where priorities should lie when wearing the Garnet & Black.

No.

They won't have a problem selling out that weekend, but I bet the won't want him to cancel his reservation in the 11th hour.

This is how far we've fallen.

I think you should report the jackass.....& what, pray tell, is a "prominent middle school?"

By prominent, I mean old and well known which feeds Eastside, and Riverside HS. If you eliminate the magnate HS's, graduates of Riverside and Eastside have the highest avg SAT scores of any other public HS's in the state, so yeah, I would call Northwood a prominent middle school. My wife teaches this officer's kid, so I don't want any retribution to come her way.

The tiger paw plate is nothing compared to what the asst. principal at my wife's school does. Every Friday during football season, she announces over the intercom who Clemson is playing that week, and encourages everyone to cheer on the taters. Then Monday she does the same thing to celebrate their victory. She and the principal (also a tater) also hijack the USC vs Clemson canned food drive every year, by loading up the tater's box at the very end of the last day to make sure the tater's win once again. Yes, they even cheat when competing in the canned food drive. After Clempson won the NC for the 2016 season, they had a routine faculty meeting where the asst. principal had snacks and paper products that were all orange and purple. If you complain to anyone in the District Office or Sherriff's office, guess who you are gonna complain to. You got it, another tater grad. The pastor at our last church would also announce who Clemson and the Pittsburg Steelers (his favorite teams) were playing the next weekend just before the end of every service. When I told him that not everyone here loves Clempson, and his constant touting of Clempson had no place in the pulpit, and was devisive. He said he didn't care what I thought. If you complain, guess who you are complaining to. You got it, trustees, deacons, or elders who are also taters. Oh, and one more thing. Perry Noble has started another church in Anderson, SC, so he'll be back in the spotlight again before long.

Now guys, I'm sorry, but I can't believe that these kinds of things go one anywhere else in the state. If so, I'd like to hear about it. This is the kind of crap that we experience in Greenville. I'm not sure if it happens in Spartanburg or not.

This is the year we put it all together and make our return to Atlanta for the first time since 2010.

Coastal - W
Georgia - W
Marshall - W
@Vandy - W
@Kentucky - W
Mizzou - W
A&M - W
Tennessee - W
@Ole Miss - W
@Florida - L
Chattanooga - W
@Clemson - L

The schedule sets up beautifully, but I do think we will have one slip-up in conference on the road.

Georgia has to travel to Williams-Brice and to LSU in addition to Auburn at home.

Mark it down. This is the year. We will be favored in every game except for Georgia and Clemson. The stars will align. Someone save this post for the first weekend in December.

Very comical that a South carolina fan can pencil in beating a team on the road you've lost to 4 years in a row and quite frankly kicked your ass on your homefield last year.

Coastal - W
Georgia - W
Marshall - W
@Vandy - W
@Kentucky - W
Mizzou - W
A&M - W
Tennessee - W
@Ole Miss - W
@Florida - L
Chattanooga - W
@Clemson - L

You making reservations for Omaha next month too?

Reactions: king ward
Very comical that a South carolina fan can pencil in beating a team on the road you've lost to 4 years in a row and quite frankly kicked your ass on your homefield last year.

Don't kid yourself thinking Carolina won't be any better this year. We had an inept offensive coordinator last year that managed to win 9 games in spite of him. The loss to KY was primarily his fault as his offense sputtered throughout the game and caused a tired defense to remain on the field for the majority of the game. We also lost Deebo during the game and didn't learn how to play without him for a few games. Hats off, y'all beat us.

Sure, you've won the last 4, but if we're talking history, who owns the all-time record? Kentucky is still Kentucky and South Carolina is still South Carolina. Y'all are beneath us, like it or not. Y'all are to us what Vandy is to y'all. Stick to basketball.

By prominent, I mean old and well known which feeds Eastside, and Riverside HS. If you eliminate the magnate HS's, graduates of Riverside and Eastside have the highest avg SAT scores of any other public HS's in the state, so yeah, I would call Northwood a prominent middle school. My wife teaches this officer's kid, so I don't want any retribution to come her way.

The tiger paw plate is nothing compared to what the asst. principal at my wife's school does. Every Friday during football season, she announces over the intercom who Clemson is playing that week, and encourages everyone to cheer on the taters. Then Monday she does the same thing to celebrate their victory. She and the principal (also a tater) also hijack the USC vs Clemson canned food drive every year, by loading up the tater's box at the very end of the last day to make sure the tater's win once again. Yes, they even cheat when competing in the canned food drive. After Clempson won the NC for the 2016 season, they had a routine faculty meeting where the asst. principal had snacks and paper products that were all orange and purple. If you complain to anyone in the District Office or Sherriff's office, guess who you are gonna complain to. You got it, another tater grad. The pastor at our last church would also announce who Clemson and the Pittsburg Steelers (his favorite teams) were playing the next weekend just before the end of every service. When I told him that not everyone here loves Clempson, and his constant touting of Clempson had no place in the pulpit, and was devisive. He said he didn't care what I thought. If you complain, guess who you are complaining to. You got it, trustees, deacons, or elders who are also taters. Oh, and one more thing. Perry Noble has started another church in Anderson, SC, so he'll be back in the spotlight again before long.

Now guys, I'm sorry, but I can't believe that these kinds of things go one anywhere else in the state. If so, I'd like to hear about it. This is the kind of crap that we experience in Greenville. I'm not sure if it happens in Spartanburg or not.
Change to another church.

You think 23-13 is kicking our ass? Yes, you have won 4 in a row, but only 5 total wins since 2000. We won 10 in a row and 12 of 13 before your ass kicking 4 wins.

Don't kid yourself thinking Carolina won't be any better this year. We had an inept offensive coordinator last year that managed to win 9 games in spite of him. The loss to KY was primarily his fault as his offense sputtered throughout the game and caused a tired defense to remain on the field for the majority of the game. We also lost Deebo during the game and didn't learn how to play without him for a few games. Hats off, y'all beat us.

Sure, you've won the last 4, but if we're talking history, who owns the all-time record? Kentucky is still Kentucky and South Carolina is still South Carolina. Y'all are beneath us, like it or not. Y'all are to us what Vandy is to y'all. Stick to basketball.

It will be 5 in a row at Kroger Field in Sept

It will be 5 in a row at Kroger Field in Sept

I would also like to say I would say the same comment to you about basketball even though you all beat us last year and went to the Final Four in 2017 lol Good luck this season.

Ha! I see you fit in the same class.
Actually, I just realize I'm not in the same class as you. I really don't pretend to be more important than I really am. You're the guy who knows someone with a bottle of Screaming Eagle, and you hang out with him to get a few sips. Now you're exclusive. Nice job.

I’d love to beat the tar outta Clemmons, but as you can see when we were beating the tar outta Clemmons 5 times in a row, they were easily cruising to the ACC title game, and BCS Bowls, which has led to the present day disaster. So, New Years 6 (or better) is my “goal”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT