ADVERTISEMENT

How can a team in a conference like the SEC win 24 games and not make the dance?**

Play nobody OOC and lose to the teams you have no business losing to, consistently.
Out of conference does not matter. We won them all. We played Tulsa Memphis Clemson don't come up with out of conference crap when we won them all. The problem was losing to Georgia 3 x and losing to Miss. St. and Missouri

I was not surprised. They started the season 15-0 and finished with 24 wins and 7 loses. That means they finished the season 9-7 with three straight loses to Georgia ( a team that was NOT going anywhere unless they won the SEC Title Game). They just picked the wrong time to start losing games. That's my take on it. As for the other teams that were invited, I suspect it had more to do with "TV ratings" than anything else. How else can you explain the ex-CUSE".

I was not surprised. They started the season 15-0 and finished with 24 wins and 7 loses. That means they finished the season 9-7 with three straight loses to Georgia ( a team that was NOT going anywhere unless they won the SEC Title Game). They just picked the wrong time to start losing games. That's my take on it. As for the other teams that were invited, I suspect it had more to do with "TV ratings" than anything else. How else can you explain the ex-CUSE".
Agreed. I have a similar take.

Based on their recent performances, I felt that the Gamecocks didn't really deserve to be in the tournament. On the other hand I also felt that they had already earned their way in with 20+ wins.

Out of conference does not matter. We won them all. We played Tulsa Memphis Clemson don't come up with out of conference crap when we won them all. The problem was losing to Georgia 3 x and losing to Miss. St. and Missouri
That's awesome! We won them all! Unfortunately, there is this thing called strength of schedule which adds weight to your tournament resume. You can win all you want but if it's against the deaf and blind, don't look to impress the people who decide is in the tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT