ADVERTISEMENT

How good is Antonio Williams

I've seen him play a few times. He's pretty good. Guess the "Clemson demise" on this site has been greatly exaggerated

Reactions: 76MACC
So the dutch fork wr committed to tateru? I'd say that's a pretty good indication that Marcus isn't going anywhere. Did you see the photo of Shane and Marcus in someone's house I guess from yesterday? I don't know the man, but I have a feeling people just don't like Marcus all that much. I just have this really bad feeling the ship will sink because of Marcus. Maybe we somehow end up w an All American QB and he can make up for an average OC.

So the dutch fork wr committed to tateru? I'd say that's a pretty good indication that Marcus isn't going anywhere. Did you see the photo of Shane and Marcus in someone's house I guess from yesterday? I don't know the man, but I have a feeling people just don't like Marcus all that much. I just have this really bad feeling the ship will sink because of Marcus. Maybe we somehow end up w an All American QB and he can make up for an average OC.
Stealing a WR right from our backyard. Shane needs to lock down the midlands area.

Not sure what to think about Satt. My guess is he isn't leaving and there will be some story as to why in January. Personally, I don't think the BOT will sign off on another termination because of the money and the optics. Others believe Shane could fire him but doesn't want to.

Either way, when you add the two together it does not bode well for the immediate future (next 2 years) of Gamecock football.

Looks pretty good to me. Maybe in the range of a shi smith good (who was really very excellent his last two seasons, didn't have ideal surrounding cast or coaching).

Can't blame him for not champing at the bit to get into this offense.

Reactions: 92Pony
Stealing a WR right from our backyard. Shane needs to lock down the midlands area.

Not sure what to think about Satt. My guess is he isn't leaving and there will be some story as to why in January. Personally, I don't think the BOT will sign off on another termination because of the money and the optics. Others believe Shane could fire him but doesn't want to.

Either way, when you add the two together it does not bode well for the immediate future (next 2 years) of Gamecock football.
I've got to go with the assumption that the BOT is the one dilly-dallying and Beamer is simply handcuffed for the time being.

If it is Beamer delaying it (I don't care to hear the reasons or any excuses), we don't have the right guy IMO. Whether Satt is the whole problem or not is of no consequence. He's the guy in charge of the whole offensive unit, which showed no progress, no adaptation, just sucked as a whole. When you have a problem, you fix it, ASAP. We have a problem, it hasn't been fixed yet. Either our BOT has it's hands in it (I'll give Beamer a pass), or Beamer need to nut up and do what's necessary, delaying only makes things worse.

AW is 6'0. Why compare him to Alshon? Totally different type of WR
Thank you. Alston was 6’5” and used that height to make outrageous catches but not a burner. This kid is good and we would have loved to have him. Plus he is great friends with the really good running back coming out of DF next year.

If Clemson wants a wide receiver, he's pretty darn good because they pass over a lot of really solid receivers and never even offer.

At this point, we need talented wide receivers. This was a big, big miss.

Thank you. Alston was 6’5” and used that height to make outrageous catches but not a burner. This kid is good and we would have loved to have him. Plus he is great friends with the really good running back coming out of DF next year.
Ok, I've got it. That RB commits for next year then AW comes back to Cola in the transfer portal 😁

As for comparisons with Alshon, he's just more pedestrian, which Alshon was not at all. He's a decent receiver and they "fed" him a lot.
That's not a fair comparison anyway when one is 6'5 and the other is 6', AW will probably fit more in the slot with Clemson since they always have those 6'4 guys on the outside. I've watched a few DF games this year and he's a solid route runner and can get open, and has good hands, pretty good speed as well.

Reactions: Concrete1123
Hire a good, proven OC and give him a reason to believe he can flourish in that offense instead of farting around with this Satterfield experiment?
Spot on. When you look at Satterfield's poor offenses when he last was an OC prior to here and add this year's failure of an offense here, how can anyone have expected Williams to want to come play here? SMH

I've got to go with the assumption that the BOT is the one dilly-dallying and Beamer is simply handcuffed for the time being.

If it is Beamer delaying it (I don't care to hear the reasons or any excuses), we don't have the right guy IMO. Whether Satt is the whole problem or not is of no consequence. He's the guy in charge of the whole offensive unit, which showed no progress, no adaptation, just sucked as a whole. When you have a problem, you fix it, ASAP. We have a problem, it hasn't been fixed yet. Either our BOT has it's hands in it (I'll give Beamer a pass), or Beamer need to nut up and do what's necessary, delaying only makes things worse.
Unlike White and Gray who got 3-year contracts, Satterfield only got a 2-year deal....so he only has one year to buyout. Don't think the BOT is going to sweat too much over that one....unless we are requesting a large funding for the University and the SC legislature objects again.

If Clemson wants a wide receiver, he's pretty darn good because they pass over a lot of really solid receivers and never even offer.

At this point, we need talented wide receivers. This was a big, big miss.
He wasn’t even one of their initial targets. He got an offer from them because they missed on their primary targets. So we missed on a guy who was someone else’s backup plan.

And who is going to throw him the ball at Clemson? If DJ is back at starting QB then I hope that dude grows about 6 inches. Because he overthrew the ball 50% of the time.
Tater here. Clemson has 2022 #1 qb coming in in January, Cade Klubnick. If DJ doesn't get it together he loses the job. AW grew up a Clemson fan and Clemson needed a slot receiver. Already have plenty of tall receivers but needed a inside slot guy.

Reactions: Cockopotamus
This was a very big win for the taters given all the change they are dealing with right now. Just imagine the blow back if they lost AW to us.

Dabo has a long memory. I would almost guarantee he will find a way for AW to score against us next year.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Tater here. Clemson has 2022 #1 qb coming in in January, Cade Klubnick. If DJ doesn't get it together he loses the job. AW grew up a Clemson fan and Clemson needed a slot receiver. Already have plenty of tall receivers but needed a inside slot guy.
Good luck with a true freshman leading the team...everything I've heard about him is that he's no Trevor or DeShawn. But then he may be OK playing in the ACC;)

Reactions: TAV31
This was a very big win for the taters given all the change they are dealing with right now. Just imagine the blow back if they lost AW to us.

Dabo has a long memory. I would almost guarantee he will find a way for AW to score against us next year.
Why would Clemson/Dabo/AW be mad at us? We offered and he decided to there after they slow played him.

Whatever!

Reactions: rogue cock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT