ADVERTISEMENT

How I see baseball season finishing

CCUIrmo

Jul 15, 2010
Right now it doesnt look good and I dont see it getting a whole lot better. However, baseball is a crazy game and we have a couple of winable series left along with some more possible sweeps. I see us finishing with a final 33-23 record ( I believe my math is right there) and being a 3 seed in either Florida State or Louisville regional.
On a brighter note, I see Clemson finishing with a 26-30 record. I dont see them doing well against GT, Louisville or Florida State regardless of what jackleg says about no one wanting to play them right now.

What are others thoughts about season ending up? Would you take 33-23 record at this point and being 3 seed?

Yeah, I don't see 10 more wins. I assume your thinking is: we win all 4 midweek games, we win 2 of 3 against Tennesse and Auburn, and we win 1 of 3 against LSU, A&M, and Vanderbilt.

That seems like a best case scenario to me with this team. This team is more than capable of losing a mid week game and very easily could lose every series from here on out, getting swept in a few of them. 10 wins is very optimistic imo.

Looking at the schedule, I see:

3-1 in midweek games (PC, Furman, Wofford, USC Upstate)
0-3 @ #1 Vanderbilt
2-1 @ Tennessee
2-1 vs. Auburn
0-3 @ #2 Texas A&M
1-2 vs. #4 LSU

Remaining:
8-11 Overall, 5-10 SEC

Final Record: 31-25, 11-19 SEC

Honestly, I believe my above prediction is being generous. Given how Friday and Saturday games have gone in the past month, I was tempted to have us go 1-2 in Knoxville and 0-3 vs. LSU in Columbia. Ultimately, I decided to give us some benefit of the doubt. But I could also see us going 3-12 in the remaining 5 SEC series.
frown.r191677.gif

I am always optimistic and believe funny things can happen with baseball. Maybe this team gets it together and plays like we thought they would. It is alot mental right now and they need to clear their heads and go in there and play better defense above anything.

You think this season is bad? Look at next year. It will take monumental leaps for returning players to even meet this years team, record wise...No Martin, No Schrock, No Caldwell....we have recruited "47" middle infielders but yet can't play defense. No knock on these kids but this staff has done about as bad of a job as you can do in roster construction.

Don't mean to be harsh but if the present players can't compete in the SEC then there needs to be house cleaning.

Originally posted by ipull4usc:
Looking at the schedule, I see:

3-1 in midweek games (PC, Furman, Wofford, USC Upstate)
0-3 @ #1 Vanderbilt
2-1 @ Tennessee
2-1 vs. Auburn
0-3 @ #2 Texas A&M
1-2 vs. #4 LSU

Not that it matters, but the Vandy series is in Columbia.

Maybe I am crazy, but I think we take 2 of 3 from vandy at home this weekend. I think we turn it around. If it doesn't happen we are in trouble.

Normally I would take a little consolation knowing Vandy lost to Belmont last night 3-2, but not this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT