ADVERTISEMENT

How many yards will Orth throw for sat?

Forget Chubb. I say Orth throws for 250

The Vandy QB threw for 295 but had three picks, one terrible when it looked like they would score he lobbed one that was returned 88 yards for a TD ... a 14 point swing.
Georgia's 'gettable'.

We play like we did in the 2nd half against KY (except for maybe punching in 1-2 more TD's once in the red zone) for the majority of the game and I like our chances

Reactions: CliffordII
Forget Chubb. I say Orth throws for 250

I like the way you think but a newbie, immobile qb like Orth will not throw for 250 on Pruitt's defense.
If he can perfect the forward pass from a horizontal position then I like his chances. Our NFL ready DE's and LB's are going to eat his lunch. Honestly..........this is going to be really ugly for whatever single caller you put out there. Good luck.

I like the way you think but a newbie, immobile qb like Orth will not throw for 250 on Pruitt's defense.
If he can perfect the forward pass from a horizontal position then I like his chances. Our NFL ready DE's and LB's are going to eat his lunch. Honestly..........this is going to be really ugly for whatever single caller you put out there. Good luck.

Thanks for the well wishes. Thats the leghumpers everyone knows and loves.

He has to have someone on the other end. WR'S gotta get open. This won't be Kentucky's DB's. Hopefully SOS will keep the play calling to himself and dial up a few.

Hope Wilds gets 100+ and takes some pressure off for the QBs. We have to run a balanced attack and eat some clock to keep their offense off the field. The final possession against Kentucky was the perfect time for a heavy run, clock eating final drive but we only threw the ball. The ending was not good.

I bet he throws for over 250, in a losing effort playing catch-up. You are UGA...your defense will always give up yards. It is just what you do.

If your dumbarse coach decides to throw the ball, it will be a close game. Your QB is average at best.

The Vandy QB threw for 295 but had three picks, one terrible when it looked like they would score he lobbed one that was returned 88 yards for a TD ... a 14 point swing.
Georgia's 'gettable'.
To be fair, a huge amount of that yardage came in the last half of the fourth quarter. They never were within one score at any point during that time. We were giving them soft coverage underneath and on their last drive I think we had 8 true freshman on the field.

176 yards passing & Wilds, Carson & Williams run for 200 combined. That's 370 yards of offense combined with a decent defensive performance.

How high are you? Did you just get back from Colorado?
immobile? Newbie? you let ULM through for 206 yards, you let Vandy throw for 295.

Your defense is a veritable sieve against the pass.

What you should be asking yourself is, Can Lambert stand the criticism on Sunday when he throws 3 picks and gets tossed for a fumble?

If you want to check your stat sheet, you have gained one more yard, total offense including kick returns, than we have. Against two inferior opponents!!

Good luck on Saturday

You're going to need it

That would be "signal caller" Big "T' dawg. I truly hope that Orth can shred your "so called nfl caliber defense" for several touchdowns. This Gamecock team has nothing to lose and will play better than you expect. These two teams always play close and this will be no different. Better be ready to play all four quarters dawgs.

Orth throws for 3 scores and over 250 yards...and I believe that the emphasis will be on how the DEFENSE starts, not the offense. I've got to believe that we will eventually put together a complete game on the defensive side of the ball.

Every yr a new defensive coordinator, ever yr, teams roll ip a ton of points.

The

If he throws for big yardage, that probably means we are constantly playing catchup to a big lead by the Dawgs - like Vandy.. If he throws for less than 200, it probably means a close game that Spurrier doesn't want to risk turnovers in.

Dawg don't know much about football. But he can Woof.

Reactions: kckd
Some people think Georgia!, Ohhh!!! - wow, it's Georgia, they're going to be GOOD!!! Pheshaw! Georgia looked like Sky Valley High School against Vanderbilt and had it been anyone BUT Vanderbilt they would have gotten smacked good last week. They GAVE UP 400 yards of offense, Vandy had more 1st downs and had the ball five minutes MORE than 'georgia'. UGA's special teams and defense won the game, not Chubb & Co.
The kid running the offense for Duncan HS is a better QB right now than the guy running Georgia's offense. Georgia!!! Ohhh! It's Georgia! We've beaten GEORGIA 4 out of 5 times the last five years and there's no reason to think we can't do it again. At least half of Georgia's team will be downtown drunk tonight before 10 o'clock. 2/3rds of those not drunk will be stoned, the rest of them will be trolling looking for something to steal. We can beat Georgia. We do that A LOT.

Some people think Georgia!, Ohhh!!! - wow, it's Georgia, they're going to be GOOD!!! Pheshaw! Georgia looked like Sky Valley High School against Vanderbilt and had it been anyone BUT Vanderbilt they would have gotten smacked good last week. They GAVE UP 400 yards of offense, Vandy had more 1st downs and had the ball five minutes MORE than 'georgia'. UGA's special teams and defense won the game, not Chubb & Co.
The kid running the offense for Duncan HS is a better QB right now than the guy running Georgia's offense. Georgia!!! Ohhh! It's Georgia! We've beaten GEORGIA 4 out of 5 times the last five years and there's no reason to think we can't do it again. At least half of Georgia's team will be downtown drunk tonight before 10 o'clock. 2/3rds of those not drunk will be stoned, the rest of them will be trolling looking for something to steal. We can beat Georgia. We do that A LOT.

While I agree just about any qb running any kind of HS team that has won a couple games this year would be an upgrade to what we are seeing. Those defensive stats are a little misleading, during the 4th quarter when half of those yards were gained UGA had 8 frosh on the field, it was the only time they scored a TD and it was the only time they had much success in moving the ball. Vandy's offense is bad, no denying that, and UGA isn't world beaters by any stretch and unless Richt and company decide to make some kind of attempt to pass the ball anyone can beat us, stop the run and we can't score that's all it takes. Vandy played with 8 men within 5 yards of the LOS, sometimes 9, went man to man and we still would attempt any kind of threatening pass. Sad part is he doesn't have to be very good, just don't be terrible, but unfortunately for us that is where he falls. My 65 year old arm with a bad ulna nerve can put more on the ball than he does, well for 1 throw anyway after that its hanging limp at my side. If he doesn't improve we won't win very many games this year, its really hard to understand how our qb play can be this bad for 2 years in a row. Chubb has more yards rushing than we do passing on about the same number of attempts and is averaging more YPC than we are per pass attempt. But passes behind the line and 5 yard slants thrown at WR feet don't usually gain many yards. 2 games in and ready for the season to be over, doesn't take a genius to see we have some very serious issues.

UGA's special teams and defense won the game, not Chubb & Co.

This right here...

It doesn't matter whether or not UGA had 8 frosh on the field in the fourth quarter. I would have to look at the snap count to find out for sure but, without a return and a pick six this game is too close to call..

Meaning, if you think Vandys Offense is bad, then so must UGA's...

This right here...

It doesn't matter whether or not UGA had 8 frosh on the field in the fourth quarter. I would have to look at the snap count to find out for sure but, without a return and a pick six this game is too close to call..

Meaning, if you think Vandys Offense is bad, then so must UGA's...

No where have you seen me say UGA's offense wasn't bad, not one time have you seen that, it's a pee wee league offense, we haven't even run a frigging toss sweep in 2 games, we haven't attempted a pass over 25 yards downfield. We are content to run every play inside the tackle box into an eight man front and throw a slant 5 yards deep. But nice of you to think I am lying about the number of frosh playing in the 4th, when you look it up you will see I am right. Take the pic 6 away, one of the starters still playing got it, and the punt return away and we likely win 17-3 because we don't play all the frosh. Vandy never threatened to take the lead because they couldn't move the ball. The only drive they had was helped by a hands to the facemask by our LB, which he never touched or come close to, ref just missed it.

Like I said before, we are not world beaters and its embarassing to trott a qb out on the field as inept as we are this year, but it is what it is and baring injury he is who we have for the year. We might pass for less than 1500 yards this year, and I am not kidding.

But nice of you to think I am lying about the number of frosh playing in the 4th, when you look it up you will see I am right. Take the pic 6 away, one of the starters still playing got it, and the punt return away and we likely win 17-3 because we don't play all the frosh. Vandy never threatened to take the lead because they couldn't move the ball.

I'm not disputing the fact that there may or may not have been freshman out there.

What I am saying is this.

Without the Pick 6
And
Without the return for 6
Vanderbilt is only down by 3... And maybe they drive to kick a field goal or two in there if they don't get a pick.

I wasn't saying you were lying but it seems to me that the majority of Vandy's points and opportunities can well before the fourth quarter.

I'm not disputing the fact that there may or may not have been freshman out there.

What I am saying is this.

Without the Pick 6
And
Without the return for 6
Vanderbilt is only down by 3... And maybe they drive to kick a field goal or two in there if they don't get a pick.

I wasn't saying you were lying but it seems to me that the majority of Vandy's points and opportunities can well before the fourth quarter.

It was never very close, 14-3 at half, Vandy hadn't threated except when we were hit with 30 yards of penalties on 1 drive. Special teams are 1/3 of the game, points count the same, but suppose we didn't run it back, then I doubt we would have been getting half the frosh game experience. Vandy's offense is bad, their qb is not good and they couldn't move the ball against our starters. Our offense is bad, its as bland as I have ever seen a college team's offense. No play action passes, no medium to deep passes, no misdirection runs, no toss sweep, just the back running into A and B gaps, with or without a FB lead.

It was never very close, 14-3 at half, Vandy hadn't threated except when we were hit with 30 yards of penalties on 1 drive. Special teams are 1/3 of the game, points count the same, but suppose we didn't run it back, then I doubt we would have been getting half the frosh game experience. Vandy's offense is bad, their qb is not good and they couldn't move the ball against our starters. Our offense is bad, its as bland as I have ever seen a college team's offense. No play action passes, no medium to deep passes, no misdirection runs, no toss sweep, just the back running into A and B gaps, with or without a FB lead.
It would have been 7-3. Without the pick.

You have our game confused with another, we had 24 at the time of the pick which was late in the game. We had 17 without the pic or int, which isn't very good, but it was more than Vandy scored regardless. If you take their TD pass out it was 31-6, special team TDs count as 6, defensive TDs count as 6, same as offensive TDs, if you are running an int back or a return back for a score, or you suppose to run out of bounds instead? Didn't all those returns Ace made a couple years back count the same as your offensive TDs?

You have our game confused with another, we had 24 at the time of the pick which was late in the game. We had 17 without the pic or int, which isn't very good, but it was more than Vandy scored regardless. If you take their TD pass out it was 31-6, special team TDs count as 6, defensive TDs count as 6, same as offensive TDs, if you are running an int back or a return back for a score, or you suppose to run out of bounds instead? Didn't all those returns Ace made a couple years back count the same as your offensive TDs?
Don't be so grumpy... The fact that you're so sensitive about it says a lot. You have a limited offense, you've admitted that.
Vandy didn't score at will however, without a pick and a return it would have been a closer game.
Vandy also missed a field goal.
I'm saying Chubb is stoppable, so is Michelle, and anyone Lambert tries to throw to.

Statistically we are almost dead even across the board with the exception of our one half quarterback who has better stats than either of yours.

Claim it was all the freshman you played, whatever makes you sleep better at night but don't forget more than half your stats came from beating up on a high school team.

Enough about this dead horse

Ace had 2 that is all

What are you talking about, the pick 6 was the last points we scored, it was in the 4th quarter and we had 24 at the time.
Don't be so grumpy... The fact that you're so sensitive about it says a lot. You have a limited offense, you've admitted that.
Vandy didn't score at will however, without a pick and a return it would have been a closer game.
Vandy also missed a field goal.
I'm saying Chubb is stoppable, so is Michelle, and anyone Lambert tries to throw to.

Statistically we are almost dead even across the board with the exception of our one half quarterback who has better stats than either of yours.

Claim it was all the freshman you played, whatever makes you sleep better at night but don't forget more than half your stats came from beating up on a high school team.

Enough about this dead horse

No where have you seen me say we were an offensive machine, or even have a good offense. Without the pick 6 it would have been a closer game, that is certainly a true statement. Vandy missed a FG, as did we, what does that mean other than both of us need better kickers.

Certainly our running game can be stopped, I never said it couldn't. Vandy had 8 in the box within 5 yards of the LOS, they manned our WR with no one deep. If we went 2 TE they put 9 in the box within 5 yards of the ball. Chubb averaged almost 10 ypc into that. In spite of that, we still wouldn't test them deep, no play action, no sweeps, we ran every play, except for 1 reverse, inside the tackle. It was Vandy who got their stats against the frosh, I don't think you even saw the game by some of the things you have said.

I am not even predicting a win this weekend, to be honest I am so frustrated with the offense we are running I am ready for the season to be over. I just thought Hutson Mason was inept. We return 9 starters off an offense that scored 41+ a game last year and this year looks like the first day of practice in pop warner.

Reactions: jdgrn01
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT