ADVERTISEMENT

I’ve already heard one too many, “Carolina is just scared”

clemson idiots running their mouths saying we could have told the SEC to piss off.
Not that it will do much good, but you can try to counter with this:

Gamecocks coach Will Muschamp, meanwhile, said it was "unfortunate" that the game against Clemson would not occur, and stressed that it "wasn't our choice, it was a league decision."
And:

South Carolina Board of Trustees member Chuck Allen told The Athletic’s Josh Kendall that USC president Bob Caslen was the sole dissenting vote today. His reasoning? He wanted to preserve the school’s rivalry with Clemson, which would have been possible had the SEC adopted a 10+1 (ten conference games, one non-conference game) format like the ACC.
https://kentuckysportsradio.com/football-2/one-sec-president-voted-against-conference-only-schedule-and-it-wasnt-eli-capilouto/#:~:text=Today, SEC presidents voted to,it wasn't Eli Capilouto.

Reactions: ClowneyPosse
Not that it will do much good, but you can try to counter with this:

Gamecocks coach Will Muschamp, meanwhile, said it was "unfortunate" that the game against Clemson would not occur, and stressed that it "wasn't our choice, it was a league decision."
And:

South Carolina Board of Trustees member Chuck Allen told The Athletic’s Josh Kendall that USC president Bob Caslen was the sole dissenting vote today. His reasoning? He wanted to preserve the school’s rivalry with Clemson, which would have been possible had the SEC adopted a 10+1 (ten conference games, one non-conference game) format like the ACC.
https://kentuckysportsradio.com/football-2/one-sec-president-voted-against-conference-only-schedule-and-it-wasnt-eli-capilouto/#:~:text=Today, SEC presidents voted to,it wasn't Eli Capilouto.

Yeah. I’m doubting that’ll shut em up.

clemson idiots running their mouths saying we could have told the SEC to piss off.

The best thing to do is hear less of the Clemson idiots...no matter what it takes. Right now they can talk because they do have a lot going for them in football. What they don’t realize is that they ran their mouths like this when they didn’t have a lot going for them in football. The mouths are the same. The football finally caught up.

Two points....

1. SC voted against the 10 game format.
2. Why listen to any Clempson fans?

But rest assured, all Clempson nation is hopeful that Carolina will get riled up about this enough to drive a wedge between us and our conference.

The SEC decision was the best one.

Two points....

1. SC voted against the 10 game format.
2. Why listen to any Clempson fans?

But rest assured, all Clempson nation is hopeful that Carolina will get riled up about this enough to drive a wedge between us and our conference.

The SEC decision was the best one.
FUCQ Clemmsome!!!

The funny part about that is- all this just came down a few days ago and their OWN AD has reached out to the public to say they are already in discussions with our coach and AD about doing exactly THAT! We may well still tell the SEC to piss off and schedule the game with clemsun. So, point that out next time you hear it I guess... Logic and common sense won’t matter to them but if you are the one coming from a place of logic you can be comforted by the fact that they are idiots just trying to get under your skin. Don’t let them.

I don’t know anyone who thinks USC is scared to play us. I do know people who think the SEC doesn’t really give a $hit about our rivalry. Much like we have to put up with the Tobacco Road crew you guys have to deal with the SEC West dictatorship.

I haven’t talked to any Clemson graduates that don’t understand the situation, we didn’t have much of a say in the matter and we made it clear with our vote that we wanted to play the game. I’m not sure exactly what else could we have done.

Clemson he the chance to tell the ACC to get lost in the early 1970s, and didn’t.

i don’t think I’d give any respect to a Clemson fan’s opinion on the issue. Sports fans, us included, aren’t known for being fair-minded,

The stupid thing for us to do is to tell the SEC to take a hike. Clemson has rarely backed us up. More to the point, they let us down when they had an opportunity to side with us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT