ADVERTISEMENT

I don't follow recruiting real closely

sclawman77

Jun 27, 2011
What commits in the '19 class have a good chance of playing next season? Pickens, Smith, maybe Hilinski as a backup?

DJ Daniel (JUCO and offered by Bama and UGA) should compete for a starting position at DB. Same with Ibe and some of the true frosh that played in the 4th quarter Saturday. Pickens and Belk should compete for starting positions. Same with Sorrels if he signs. Hilinski will start if he beats out Bentley....I'd say after 4/5 games.

He can play in 4 games and keep his elgibility.
No offense but Jake is the golden child QB. I still have doubts the coach, OC, and daddy Bentley will play him in 4 games since Jake will be a senior with aspirations to play at the next level. My bet would be two non-conference (not counting clempson) for a handful of series...not even sure how/if they even work in Joyner for some playing time.

Reactions: 92Pony and jonesz21
No offense but Jake is the golden child QB. I still have doubts the coach, OC, and daddy Bentley will play him in 4 games since Jake will be a senior with aspirations to play at the next level. My bet would be two non-conference (not counting clempson) for a handful of series...not even sure how/if they even work in Joyner for some playing time.
Better odds that Joyner transfers than gets playing time. Sad we can’t get him in for a few series He has talent

He can play in 4 games and keep his elgibility.

This staff doesn’t seem to be keen on that. First of all I don’t see many games where we will be up enough to allow young guys to play. If they play it’ll be out if necessity.

I know some of our new guys have played but it seems our rivals are incorporating their young talent moreso than we are.

You’ll see Hiliski play his 4 in mop up. Pickens will play in obvious pass rush situations, DJ Daniel should start or compete as well as the Southern cal transfer DB should compete for start. But the big thing will be Dlinemen redshirting now to make big steps.

Reactions: rogue cock
The two JUCO DL look very talented on film. Green was offered by Bama and Georgia as well.
Good point. I need to check with Devontae Davis' dad about how his season has gone this year. I'm friends with him. Don't see him that much but have his number. He used to send me recruiting videos he'd made when Devontae was at Silver Bluff.

Reactions: GamecockJL
Can’t remember anytime recently outside of CCU we’ve had a game where we’ve had the option for mop-up duty, and even then Bentley still played the whole game, Wonnum got hurt, and no backups appeared to gain the valuable experience we need, especially after the bloodbath from the Ole Miss game. I think they won’t play DJ, not can’t for whatever reason. And I don’t mean as a QB, but there are several examples this year where he could’ve pulled the Gilmore, and ran the wildcat....wildcock? and helped move the chains. But anyway, we gonna coach em up and so forth, and, I’ve criticized Jake a ton, but he was outstanding this weekend. The whole team really carried each other, and never quit at all. No other way to pull out a road win like that IMO.

As for the staff, I continue to believe they couldn’t coach a HS team, but they are unfortunatelywho we got for the foreseeable future. Nothing to indicate they are the ones for the job, but that’s a problem from the top down. Go Cox!

Reactions: jonesz21
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT