ADVERTISEMENT

I don't know about you but I'd love to see Kentucky win the East

ken in sacramento

Jan 16, 2000
If they can stay hot, they certainly will have their shot. They get Georgia at home Nov 3.

Would be very satisfying to see them left out in the cold like they did to us in 2012.

Reactions: PC31
I said the same thing today to someone.
UK is going to slam back to earth next year. I hope they blast UGA and win the east.
Fk Georgia and Floriduh.
Go Cats.

I’d be ok with it. Tired of seeing UGA win the East. I’d fully expect them to get beat down by the Crimson Turds however.

If they can stay hot, they certainly will have their shot. They get Georgia at home Nov 3.

Would be very satisfying to see them left out in the cold like they did to us in 2012.

Yeah then maybe Vandy can win it next year cuz I know we won’t

7d1ed057812dadc9c60e9bfc9dc25256.jpg

I wouldn't see KY sustaining success (sound familiar?) so I don't think it would be a program crusher for us. It would sure make our loss to them not look so bad!

No, I dont want that, Georgia is the big dog (See what i did there) and im ok with it, someone has to be it.

I prefer Florida over Georgia to be the ongoing big dog but thats not what is happening now, and i despise the Voltards and never ever want them to be hugely successful again.

Kentucky winning the East with their Basketball would be unfair, they can have basketball and thats it

It comes down to recruiting, when Tenn is down we are up and vice versal not always but definite trends

Florida can focus on their own state and leave us along in the Carolina's when they are dominate.

We can't get any kid out of Georgia that Georgia really wants but we seem to be surviving, and thats home state so I get it.

Kentucky would be all over Georgia for the plan B prospects competing with us and winning recruiting battles with a SEC East title.

8r5B.gif

Last edited:
Why would any Gamecock fan want Kentucky to elevate their program to the level of winning the SEC East? Screw Kentucky.
believe it or not, that could be the best thing to happen to SC...because if UK can win the East, then there is no reason why SC cant do it too. And then the fans will demand a change, pull financial support, stop attending games, etc until the administration gets full on board about building a winning football program. As it is now, the conference and fans are fully content with Bama or UF/UGA carrying the conference because of the "it's always been that way...no need to change it" attitude.

Last edited:
Not with their QB. Not gonna happen.

If they win it’ll be because nobody else did enough. I hate it, but sort of like when we won it...earned it for sure, but it helped everyone else lost 3 conference games.

believe it or not, that could be the best thing to happen to SC...because if UK can win the East, then there is no reason why SC cant do it too. And then the fans will demand a change, pull financial support, stop attending games, etc until the administration gets full on board about building a winning football program. As it is now, the conference and fans are fully content with Bama or UF/UGA carrying the conference because of the "it's always been that way...no need to change it" attitude.

Nope, you cant be more wrong, it would hurt us in recruiting and thus be a immediate negative.

Lets pull financial support and stop building the football opps building and other projects, great idea, yeah that will get us to where we want to be

Look at UK with Stoops

First Year = 2-10
Second Year = 5-7
Third Year = 5-7
Forth Year = 7-6
Fifth Year = 7-6
Sixth Year = 5-1

Yes Kentucky has built toward his year and its paying dividends, but when they go backwards for 2 years then where is Stoops, probably on the street LOL.

Muschamp

First Year = 6-7
Second Year = 9-4
Third Year = 3-3

And a lot on this board want to run him out of town, give Kensucky some credit they have been patient more then we would of been.

So in conclusion i think your theory is hogwash and :

giphy.gif

We've already done it.

Reactions: cockofdawn

' . . .pull financial support . . .' - that's the last thing we should do - really. It would be like digging a Grand Canyon in order to get the gopher in the gopher hole and you'd still not find him.

Reactions: Gradstudent
' . . .pull financial support . . .' - that's the last thing we should do - really. It would be like digging a Grand Canyon in order to get the gopher in the gopher hole and you'd still not find him.

Exactly when we were beating Clemson what did they do, they doubled down, they got serious, horrible approach would be to pull financial support.

Nope, you cant be more wrong, it would hurt us in recruiting and thus be a immediate negative.

Lets pull financial support and stop building the football opps building and other projects, great idea, yeah that will get us to where we want to be

Look at UK with Stoops

First Year = 2-10
Second Year = 5-7
Third Year = 5-7
Forth Year = 7-6
Fifth Year = 7-6
Sixth Year = 5-1

Yes Kentucky has built toward his year and its paying dividends, but when they go backwards for 2 years then where is Stoops, probably on the street LOL.

Muschamp

First Year = 6-7
Second Year = 9-4
Third Year = 3-3

And a lot on this board want to run him out of town, give Kensucky some credit they have been patient more then we would of been.

So in conclusion i think your theory is hogwash and :

giphy.gif

I know I said it, but that's not really what...Simply saying UK winning the East would light a fire under SC to be competitive because if UK can build a program then SC can. Whereas if UGA wins it, that is the way it is supposed to be and everything is fine.

I know I said it, but that's not really what...Simply saying UK winning the East would light a fire under SC to be competitive because if UK can build a program then SC can. Whereas if UGA wins it, that is the way it is supposed to be and everything is fine.

The problem is if Clemson winning a National Championship and clearly separating from us and becoming a blue blood and a playoff team every year hasn't lit a fire in our AD department and Board, nothing will.

So i see more harm then good from Kensucky winning a SEC East title, and just as Missouri winning 2 made me sad, Kensucky would make me sad as well

I'm not sure Missouri winning some SEC titles lit a fire at our AD department, not sure what is the diff between Kensucky and Missouri

heck has Kensucky beating us 5 years in a row lit anything?

I dont think our AD department thinks about Kensucky so much, the effect would be nil, our AD department would tweet them a congrats for sure.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
UK could have very well said the same thing to themselves when we won the East in 2010.

Reactions: WayneinSarasota

Or then you have the excuse of, just give muschamp time! Kentucky was ready to fire stoops but stayed with him.
Again Screw KY!

They've never cared about football until this year. Of course they're patient because they pack every gym for every basketball game. We don't have basketball to look forward to every year.

Reactions: Gradstudent
They've never cared about football until this year. Of course they're patient because they pack every gym for every basketball game. We don't have basketball to look forward to every year.
What he said. They have basketball.

Does it matter to them if fans are in the seats? We buy our season tickets when we’re all hopped up on preseason expectations.

No, I dont want that, Georgia is the big dog (See what i did there) and im ok with it, someone has to be it.

I prefer Florida over Georgia to be the ongoing big dog but thats not what is happening now, and i despise the Voltards and never ever want them to be hugely successful again.

Kentucky winning the East with their Basketball would be unfair, they can have basketball and thats it

It comes down to recruiting, when Tenn is down we are up and vice versal not always but definite trends

Florida can focus on their own state and leave us along in the Carolina's when they are dominate.

We can't get any kid out of Georgia that Georgia really wants but we seem to be surviving, and thats home state so I get it.

Kentucky would be all over Georgia for the plan B prospects competing with us and winning recruiting battles with a SEC East title.

8r5B.gif

judge-judy.jpg

The problem is if Clemson winning a National Championship and clearly separating from us and becoming a blue blood and a playoff team every year hasn't lit a fire in our AD department and Board, nothing will.

So i see more harm then good from Kensucky winning a SEC East title, and just as Missouri winning 2 made me sad, Kensucky would make me sad as well

I'm not sure Missouri winning some SEC titles lit a fire at our AD department, not sure what is the diff between Kensucky and Missouri

heck has Kensucky beating us 5 years in a row lit anything?

I dont think our AD department thinks about Kensucky so much, the effect would be nil, our AD department would tweet them a congrats for sure.

giphy.gif

s-l640.jpg

Or then you have the excuse of, just give muschamp time! Kentucky was ready to fire stoops but stayed with him.
Again Screw KY!

Breathe

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT