ADVERTISEMENT

I don't wanna say I told you so but, I TOLD YOU SO!!!

125 players? Really? So now you're implying that WALKONS are getting NIL money??? That's pure B/S and you know it. They are only allowed 85 scholarships and most of those get no or minimal NIL money.

You still have not posted the source from where you got that teams are paying tens of millions of dollars. Where is it?

Here is how it allegedly plays out in College Station, and across the country:

• A recruit is targeted for a specific recruiting class.
  • A “point donor” then heads the recruiting effort.
  • The “point donor” gathers other donors around him.
  • Those donors create an LLC.
  • The LLC sponsors the targeted recruit and pays out deals for NIL if/when he enrolls.
  • That recruit, upon arrival on campus, receives money from the LLC.
  • In turn, the recruit promotes the LLC and its “cause,” whether that be a charity or a business.
https://brobible.com/sports/article/texas-am-recruiting-class-nil-money/

So you’re saying that they spend tens of millions in NIL, but the star Heisman QB got less than a million. Boy he got screwed, didn’t he?

Where did you get your figures of tens of millions from? I got mine from an article in 247 Sports. They quoted Saban saying the players got about $3 million. Since Young got just under a million that would be about right since the QB gets far more than other players and some players get 0.

Jimbo Fisher was quoted as saying T-A&M student athletes got a total of about $10 million. That was ALL student athletes, not just football.

"An NIL collective at the school is pledging to sign every scholarship player and a few walk-ons to a $25,000 name, image, and likeness contract."

https://www.si.com/fannation/college/cfb-hq/ncaa-football/college-football-nil-contracts-texas-tech

The NIL and no-wait portal are cancers to the game. My hope is that is gets so absurd that schools start to boycott and a new governing body comes in and levels the playing field. So much about today's society is completely backwards and most of it has happened in the last 5 years or so. The only way out is to stop participating until reality returns.

"An NIL collective at the school is pledging to sign every scholarship player and a few walk-ons to a $25,000 name, image, and likeness contract."

https://www.si.com/fannation/college/cfb-hq/ncaa-football/college-football-nil-contracts-texas-tech
Do you even read the crap you post before you post it? Even if true "according to sources" and "according to message board posters" your numbers simply don't add up. Since they are limited to 25 signees in a given year, the $25k per player amounts to $625K. You said "tens of millions". Are you stupid or just a deliberate liar????

Do you even read the crap you post before you post it? Even if true "according to sources" and "according to message board posters" your numbers simply don't add up. Since they are limited to 25 signees in a given year, the $25k per player amounts to $625K. You said "tens of millions". Are you stupid or just a deliberate liar????

The Antagonist.

What I read was your weakly worded argument about entire teams not getting paid.

There's an example.

In another mind numbing post, you mentioned teams not making tens of millions. I posted an example of that too.

Once you finish your Cream of Wheat, let me know If I can address any other musings.

The Antagonist.

What I read was your weakly worded argument about entire teams not getting paid.

There's an example.

In another mind numbing post, you mentioned teams not making tens of millions. I posted an example of that too.

Once you finish your Cream of Wheat, let me know If I can address any other musings.
No you didn't. You sir are a damn liar. You said "Schools who have tens of millions to throw at building a team are just going to spend more on the front end to get the shiny new objects and make a splash." Then you posted one stupid and ridiculous article about ONE school that was pure speculation and innuendo saying "according to a message board poster...." That's some real hard hitting evidence there, isn't it Dumbo? You have yet to provide ANY factual evidence that there are schools paying tens of millions of $ for NIL. What schools? Name them and provide the figures from a reliable source. My sources were from the schools and coaches, not f__k__g internet fan posting boards.

No you didn't. You sir are a damn liar. You said "Schools who have tens of millions to throw at building a team are just going to spend more on the front end to get the shiny new objects and make a splash." Then you posted one stupid and ridiculous article about ONE school that was pure speculation and innuendo saying "according to a message board poster...." That's some real hard hitting evidence there, isn't it Dumbo? You have yet to provide ANY factual evidence that there are schools paying tens of millions of $ for NIL. What schools? Name them and provide the figures from a reliable source. My sources were from the schools and coaches, not f__k__g internet fan posting boards.

Let's see, I've posted Arch Manning getting $10 million as a freshman. True.

I've posted an SI article stating that "SEC coaches Nick Saban and Lane Kiffin were among those who said the Aggies boosters may have offered as much as $30 million to gain that class." True

Now your argument been degraded to the point where you are pointing to a plural?

That's where you're at JGH 35.

Let's see, I've posted Arch Manning getting $10 million as a freshman. True.

I've posted an SI article stating that "SEC coaches Nick Saban and Lane Kiffin were among those who said the Aggies boosters may have offered as much as $30 million to gain that class." True

Now your argument been degraded to the point where you are pointing to a plural?

That's where you're at JGH 35.
It was YOUR plural. You indicated we can't compete because there are a lot of other schools that pay tens of millions of dollars in NIL deals. You still have produced NO evidence that this is the case.

So here is where you are; We can't compete at USC because Arch Manning got a big NIL deal. That's it. Ridiculous!

It was YOUR plural. You indicated we can't compete because there are a lot of other schools that pay tens of millions of dollars in NIL deals. You still have produced NO evidence that this is the case.

So here is where you are; We can't compete at USC because Arch Manning got a big NIL deal. That's it. Ridiculous!

If you don't believe the NIL is a negative for us, that's perfectly fine. It makes sense that you would take this position. Why in the world believe coaches like Lane Kiffin on the matter? No doubt you're more on the pulse.

If you don't believe the NIL is a negative for us, that's perfectly fine. It makes sense that you would take this position. Why in the world believe coaches like Lane Kiffin on the matter? No doubt you're more on the pulse.
I didn't say it wasn't a negative for us. I'm just dispelling the made up lies you keep spewing about it. I base my comments on what the coaches and ADs are quoted as saying while you base yours on articles that get their speculation from internet fan boards.

And speaking of Lane Kiffin (since you think he is the authority on the issue), here is what SI said about Ole Miss:
Ole Miss is ranked as 9th most in NIL money and they raised $10 million for ALL SPORTS COMBINED, not just football, consisting of over 165 athletes. I'll break that down for you. That means football gets less than $10 million and they are one of the top programs in the nation.

I didn't say it wasn't a negative for us. I'm just dispelling the made up lies you keep spewing about it. I base my comments on what the coaches and ADs are quoted as saying while you base yours on articles that get their speculation from internet fan boards.

And speaking of Lane Kiffin (since you think he is the authority on the issue), here is what SI said about Ole Miss:
Ole Miss is ranked as 9th most in NIL money and they raised $10 million for ALL SPORTS COMBINED, not just football, consisting of over 165 athletes. I'll break that down for you. That means football gets less than $10 million and they are one of the top programs in the nation.

If you enjoy losing players to teams with more NIL money who were already recruiting better than us, then the NIL is everything you've been looking for. The deck was always stacked against us in the SEC in terms of the upper half of the conference. Why not seal the door shut?

Most of the articles you read about the NIL funding are propaganda. Have you noticed how quickly coaches like Jimbo Fisher deflects the NIL topic when the media tries to inquire? They all talk it down.

Until their hand is forced to disclosure, no school or coach wants to talk about their team being the best money can buy. They would prefer having a thriving program behind the scenes.

If you enjoy losing players to teams with more NIL money who were already recruiting better than us, then the NIL is everything you've been looking for. The deck was always stacked against us in the SEC in terms of the upper half of the conference. Why not seal the door shut?

Most of the articles you read about the NIL funding are propaganda. Have you noticed how quickly coaches like Jimbo Fisher deflects the NIL topic when the media tries to inquire? They all talk it down.

Until their hand is forced to disclosure, no school or coach wants to talk about their team being the best money can buy. They would prefer having a thriving program behind the scenes.
Certainly the ones you posted are. I can agree with you on that.

And of course those internet fan boards are the paragon of accurate unbiased information too. s/k

Certainly the ones you posted are. I can agree with you on that.

And of course those internet fan boards are the paragon of accurate unbiased information too. s/k

I posted from the Dan Patrick Show and Sports Illustrated. Where are your higher sources?

Some corporations announce NIL deals. Some would prefer not to.

Where things really run amuck are the private donor clubs.

This is why the total money being thrown at these programs is likely underreported by a mile.

I posted from the Dan Patrick Show and Sports Illustrated. Where are your higher sources? My sources quoted coaches and ADs. Yours quoted message board fans and undisclosed "reports". Dan Patrick? Really? A talk show host? BTW, your SI article was not accessible.

Some corporations announce NIL deals. Some would prefer not to. So in other words you don't know what they are. But by GOD you know they are "tens of millions" right?

Where things really run amuck are the private donor clubs.

This is why the total money being thrown at these programs is likely underreported by a mile. So again, you don't know. You are purely speculating.

(It won't let me reply to your post above.)

Saban and Kiffin are on record talking about A&M's as well as other schools NIL spending.

Let's forget about bickering about something that isn't fully transparent and go with what we do know.

We lost two of our best players last year to the NIL who we could have desperately used.

Saban and Kiffin are on record talking about A&M's as well as other schools NIL spending.

Let's forget about bickering about something that isn't fully transparent and go with what we do know.

We lost two of our best players last year to the NIL who we could have desperately used.
You're wasthing your time. Some fans don't want to hear the truth. It's more comfortable for them to operate as if the team can get fixed and compete with the SEC contenders on a regular basis. They love taking out their frustration on whatever coaching staff is in place. It's the sport within a sport.

Reactions: Ward Jr

We lose players every year. So does everybody else. We will lose Spencer and Legette next year. Does that mean we should be at the bottom of the SEC next year? Georgia's 2022 team lost 15 players to the NFL and 13 to the transfer portal and still won the NC. We lost a pittance compared to that.

We lose players every year. So does everybody else. We will lose Spencer and Legette next year. Does that mean we should be at the bottom of the SEC next year? Georgia's 2022 team lost 15 players to the NFL and 13 to the transfer portal and still won the NC. We lost a pittance compared to that.

It means that over time, the law of averages will prevail and we will perform on par with what we recruit in the SEC. If you're going to argue for a new coach, you probably would want to make the crux of your argument around recruiting. That's where all the magic happens.

Last year, Beamer exceeded expectations in terms of beating teams with better talent.

This year, we haven't been able to do that.

When we start losing to teams with inferior talent and don't back those losses up with wins against teams with better talent, you can start the real salivating over a new head coaching wheel spin.

It's not that complicated.

It means that over time, the law of averages will prevail and we will perform on par with what we recruit in the SEC. If you're going to argue for a new coach, you probably would want to make the crux of your argument around recruiting. That's where all the magic happens.

Last year, Beamer exceeded expectations in terms of beating teams with better talent.

When we start losing to teams with inferior talent and don't back those losses up with wins against teams with better talent, you can start the real salivating over a new head coaching wheel spin.

100%. It really is that simple.

So, what you're saying is that he should start his salivating this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT