ADVERTISEMENT

I find it strange that quempsum is a

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
two point favorite over tOSU. To me tOSU is a 10-14 favorite over the quempsum taters.

EDIT: 67 Gamecock said in a post below what I was thinking when I made the above statement. The Buckeyes can win by 10-14 but they have to come with an attitude. If they do that tOSU will win by at least 7, I still think it will be 10-14.

Last edited:
UPC has not been tested except by a 6-6 team - and barely escaped. Ohio State has been somewhat tested by two or three ranked teams and wound up winning handily. Ohio State has two Heisman finalists and a difference-maker at quarterback. UPC lost from last year an NFL front four and one of the best possession receivers in America in Renfro. I'm telling y'all, Ohio State has the advantage in this match-up. Their schedule has prepared them for the cauldron more so than UPC's schedule has. If the Buckeyes play well, they win.

UPC has not been tested except by a 6-6 team - and barely escaped. Ohio State has been somewhat tested by two or three ranked teams and wound up winning handily. Ohio State has two Heisman finalists and a difference-maker at quarterback. UPC lost from last year an NFL front four and one of the best possession receivers in America in Renfro. I'm telling y'all, Ohio State has the advantage in this match-up. Their schedule has prepared them for the cauldron more so than UPC's schedule has. If the Buckeyes play well, they win.

I see the same, as well.

Reactions: king ward
I respect your posts, even when I disagree with them but I'm just saying for the record I have NEVER, EVER wanted someone to be right more than I want this post to be right.

I hope I am wrong, but we had a lengthy discussion yesterday at my hunt club and the conclusion was that Clemson will just have too much offense that OSU can not over come. Their balanced attack will carry the day.

I hope I am wrong, but we had a lengthy discussion yesterday at my hunt club and the conclusion was that Clemson will just have too much offense that OSU can not over come. Their balanced attack will carry the day.

Dumblo cant use the "We are disrespected" moniker. I bet ole Dabo "the clown" Swinney hates that..
giphy.gif

Reactions: mUSCle Gamecock
And the Taters will not have the advantage of their starters being well rested, OSU gets a pretty good break after beating a really good Penn State team, then a top 15 Michigan and finally a physical Wisconsin team. That will be the difference.. as opposed toTaters last three gauntlet of Weak Florist, a bad SC team and an overmatched Virginia team..

clemson shut out tOSU last meeting in which I believe tOSU was favored. And they've really only become a more complete team since. I think they win again.
Both teams are extremely talented, but (brace yourselves) I think Clemson has the best staff of any of the 4 teams.
Flame away.

Reactions: 6thDanTKD
Both teams are extremely talented, but (brace yourselves) I think Clemson has the best staff of any of the 4 teams.
Flame away.
And there's your difference. Talent-wise, Bama and OSU out-recruit Clemson most years, but keeping the same staff together has been massive. This crew has a tried a true system for playoff prep. 5-2 in the playoffs, 2 Nattys, same coordinators every year.

Reactions: lostcock
Flame away.
No flames from me. I'm one of those people who has to see change to believe in it. I must be from Missouri. All I remember about clemson-tOSU is 31-0.

Reactions: dawsonsdaddy
Personally I’ll take LSU’s coaching staff this year. Amazing adjustments in every game and they are hungry. Multiple wins over top 10 teams on the road, at home and neutral sites. I don’t believe they will be denied.
Maybe. Curious to see whether they return to earth without Burrow next year.

Reactions: dawsonsdaddy
I think Ryan Day is doing a better job than Urban did, but Ohio State tends to have lapses or come out slow for a half. If they do that in this game and fall behind by 10-14 points they aren't coming back from that against Clemson's offense. This will be a much better game than the egg they laid in the last matchup, their offense can move the ball against the taters.

I think Ryan Day is doing a better job than Urban did, but Ohio State tends to have lapses or come out slow for a half. If they do that in this game and fall behind by 10-14 points they aren't coming back from that against Clemson's offense. This will be a much better game than the egg they laid in the last matchup, their offense can move the ball against the taters.
I disagree, They have come back against teams (That IMO) are as good defensively as the taters.. But i do understand your point..

The way I see it is that Clemson has a solid coaching staff with the most experience of being in the playoffs, they have a high powered offense with pros everywhere sans tight end. The defense is a solid as anyone in the playoffs. Ohio St is a solid team but Justin Fields is a rookie QB and Coach Day is in year 1 as head coach. There offense is potent but a step below Clemson. The defense is solid but hasn’t seen the speed and size of Clemson from Etienne, Ross and Higgins. That is why the spread is where it is in my opinion. I hope they lose in glorious fashion though. We need that to happen to smile again. Even for a day.

The way I see it is that Clemson has a solid coaching staff with the most experience of being in the playoffs, they have a high powered offense with pros everywhere sans tight end. The defense is a solid as anyone in the playoffs. Ohio St is a solid team but Justin Fields is a rookie QB and Coach Day is in year 1 as head coach. There offense is potent but a step below Clemson. The defense is solid but hasn’t seen the speed and size of Clemson from Etienne, Ross and Higgins. That is why the spread is where it is in my opinion. I hope they lose in glorious fashion though. We need that to happen to smile again. Even for a day.
Respectfully, and you might be correct, how do you know how solid their defense is, outside of the context of a terrible slate of opponents?

I posted this is another thread, but it seems to need repeating.

Sports books set the spread based on how they think people will bet, NOT based on how they think the teams will perform.

Their objective is to split the bets evenly. That's why the line changes with time. As the wagers come in, they adjust to try to keep them equally split to both sides. They make their money on the rake.

Reactions: NetworkX
I think the taters beat them by 10 + , to much offensive talent, and I think Venebles can stop Ohio State, I hope i'm wrong, I thinks its LSU vs Clemson in the final

It will come down to the line play of each team.Whoever wins the line of scrimmage play will win the game.
Good point. You could definitely see a difference between two years ago at William Brice and this year in CUs offensive line. It was not nearly as dominant. Ettienne is a great back, but his o line did not help him against our formidable front this year.

C
Good point. You could definitely see a difference between two years ago at William Brice and this year in CUs offensive line. It was not nearly as dominant. Ettienne is a great back, but his o line did not help him against our formidable front this year.
Clemson has the number 1 ranked offensive line in the country. Fill free to bet on OSU as long as you don’t mind burning money.

All the northern teams play physical, Smash Mouth Football.
They are all slow of foot. ND, Indiana, PSU, Michigan and Michigan St.
They are all still playing old time physical football still and getting left in their socks.
A poster here said the B1G wears concrete shoes, others have said they have slow hips.
We all saw last year when Clemson just looked like they were playing at 78RPM and Bama looked like they were 33-1/3 with moments at 45RPM. Bama had big physical players.
I hope I'm wrong but I think Clemson gets to the perimeter quickly, wheel routes, slant routes over the middle between the hashes then deep balls and then opens up the run game. They are fast and really seem to practice speed and execution.
I can see Clemson winning by 6 to 9 points.
No, I'm not a fan of any ACC or Pac12 team but I do recognize that they have a wide array of talent on offense. And depth too.
Their only weakness is a D Line that won't penetrate like last years D Line did.
If JF gets as much time as I believe he'll get then OSU wins.
Probably going to come down to how tight the OS calls holding and PI calls.
If it's loose then OSU wins a close game.

All the northern teams play physical, Smash Mouth Football.
They are all slow of foot. ND, Indiana, PSU, Michigan and Michigan St.
They are all still playing old time physical football still and getting left in their socks.

A poster here said the B1G wears concrete shoes, others have said they have slow hips.
We all saw last year when Clemson just looked like they were playing at 78RPM and Bama looked like they were 33-1/3 with moments at 45RPM. Bama had big physical players.
I hope I'm wrong but I think Clemson gets to the perimeter quickly, wheel routes, slant routes over the middle between the hashes then deep balls and then opens up the run game. They are fast and really seem to practice speed and execution.
I can see Clemson winning by 6 to 9 points.
No, I'm not a fan of any ACC or Pac12 team but I do recognize that they have a wide array of talent on offense. And depth too.
Their only weakness is a D Line that won't penetrate like last years D Line did.
If JF gets as much time as I believe he'll get then OSU wins.
Probably going to come down to how tight the OS calls holding and PI calls.
If it's loose then OSU wins a close game.
Maybe 10-15 years ago, but that is no longer the case.

Last edited:
Reactions: cockofdawn
I’m just finally resigned to the fact CU is about 1000 levels over us, and most of CFB. And NOTHING we are doing is going to change that. At any rate, Clemson is used to this, they are battle tested. UNC was close, but those games happen. They actually lost to Pitt and Syracuse one time, remember that? It’s hard to overlook a 28? game win streak too. IF they get a fast start as they are apt to do, and go up 21-7 early, it’s over. I could actually see them pulling a 62-17 over even OSU just to prove a point, just like they could’ve done to the greatest team in the ultraverse in last year’s MNC. And the ACC still sucks idiocy, they’re like 15-1 against the SEC, the B10, the FCC, and teams that matter, they beat. They win this 38-17, and rest like they did against ND for the title game.

I really wish it would light a fire where it should, but it won’t. Just a lil’ bit of contract restructuring, and coach shuffling, and here we are.

Reactions: 6thDanTKD
don't forget the taters get their steroid TE back just in time for the playoffs (and i believe he is eligible to use this as a red-shirt year which is both a hilarious and terrible loop hole)

Reactions: howard13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT