ADVERTISEMENT

I hope we're going to have full stadiums for college football this fall. What do y'all think? ***

I doubt it’ll be full. My guess is 50% at most, then 75% then full capacity.

I think it'll either be like last season or full capacity, because if they think there is still a chance of spreading covid with too many people, 50% will be too much to have enough distance. If you're going to have 50 or 75% you may as well have 100%.

I would hope we would be up to 75% at least. Crazy how fast the 7 day moving average COVID cases and deaths have been dropping since the first few days of January.

Reactions: Lakecock1
I think it'll either be like last season or full capacity, because if they think there is still a chance of spreading covid with too many people, 50% will be too much to have enough distance. If you're going to have 50 or 75% you may as well have 100%.

I agree with you here.

Now that vaccines exist and are being distributed, you find it strange cases are plummeting? Are you an antivaxxer?
Nope...just someone with their eyes open enough to see things for what they are...

As far as the numbers dropping starting in early January, the vaccine distribution wasn’t widespread enough to have an impact at that time...the numbers are changing due to the government is telling you what they want you to believe.

Some will see it for what it is and some won’t. Don’t shoot the messenger.

Peace

Nope...just someone with their eyes open enough to see things for what they are...

As far as the numbers dropping starting in early January, the vaccine distribution wasn’t widespread enough to have an impact at that time...the numbers are changing due to the government is telling you what they want you to believe.

Peace
Someone told us it would happen, and it did.

Why is it "strange"?
Because Fake News told them it would happen. The COVID hoax would end in November as soon as the election ended and then again in January after the inauguration. Of course it is ignoring that things were tending downward already before October of 2020 and it was predicted there would be a sharp decline after the inevitable post holiday spike but any logical explanations have to be discounted in favor of the “deep state” that people allow themselves to get sold on because it’s easier to a accept an opinion host trying to scare you than to pay attention to actual information.

Because Fake News told them it would happen. The COVID hoax would end in November as soon as the election ended and then again in January after the inauguration. Of course it is ignoring that things were tending downward already before October of 2020 and it was predicted there would be a sharp decline after the inevitable post holiday spike but any logical explanations have to be discounted in favor of the “deep state” that people allow themselves to get sold on because it’s easier to a accept an opinion host trying to scare you than to pay attention to actual information.
that's rich..."actual information"

keep em coming...I needed a laugh today

It’s not like you can’t look it up but again that’s effort and it won’t match the narrative which is exactly what the opinion people expect of their audience when they tell their stories.

Reactions: rogue cock
I'm delaying all my payments. Hopefully I can get another year without having to waste money on tickets. Does anyone want to buy my tickets this year?

It’s not like you can’t look it up but again that’s effort and it won’t match the narrative which is exactly what the opinion people expect of their audience when they tell their stories.
If you think leading up to the election around October that there was ANY good news coming out about Covid starting to trend down, you are mentally broken. Enjoy your padded cell mon ami...

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I still don't think 50 - 75% capacity makes sense. The only reason to limit attendance is a fear of further spread of the virus, but even 50% capacity doesn't give enough space to do that. I still think it'll be all or like it was last year.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I still don't think 50 - 75% capacity makes sense. The only reason to limit attendance is a fear of further spread of the virus, but even 50% capacity doesn't give enough space to do that. I still think it'll be all or like it was last year.
If you have to wear a mask then why does it matter how many people are in attendance?

Peace

Well, vaccines started being given in mid-December. Most also believe the astronomically high covid numbers in December were driven by the Thanksgiving celebration and travel and gatherings related. I believe cases started to drop in early January as the mostly Thanksgiving and to some extend the Christmas travel surge passed. Then cases continued to fall as vaccine distribution became more wide-spread.

But make no mistake about it, even the current covid levels in the US, drastically lower than late December, are far higher than what is seen in much of the developed world. And with many new variants already spreading in the US, this virus is far from being contained.

Reactions: rogue cock
Johns Hopkins Dr said its not because of vaccines, its herd immunity. More people had it then knew or were tested.
He may be right, but he wrote it as an opinion piece for the WSJ...and I assume chose not to have it published as a peer-reviewed article in JAMA or the New England Journal of Medicine. He also seemed to make some pretty outstanding assumptions on the "actual" number of people that have been affected by it.

I’m really curious if by the time the season rolls out if there wouldn’t be a plan in place to account for people who have been vaccinated and those that haven’t. If you have you get 50 - 75% in the sideline seats and if you haven’t your in the upper reaches of the end zone.

Here are you some quick headlines from October 19, 2020:

"U.S. COVID-19 Cases Surge as Trump Continues Unmasked Campaign Rallies"

"Cases Mounting Across Europe as New Restrictions Enacted"

I guess the "tending downward already before October of 2020" you speak of was not there...

Here is the link to the headlines:

democracynow.org/2020/10/19/headlines

Sorry its not CNN or Fox or NBC or ABC or CBS or MSNBC...

I'll wait on your info for the tending down before October...

If you think leading up to the election around October that there was ANY good news coming out about Covid starting to trend down, you are mentally broken. Enjoy your padded cell mon ami...

Not sure what covid data you are looking at. Maybe no one was talking about positive trending in covid case numbers in October leading up to the election because there was no positive trending info.

Average # of daily cases on October 1, 2020 = 43,444
Average # of daily cases on November 1, 2020 = 82,833

Not sure what covid data you are looking at. Maybe no one was talking about positive trending in covid case numbers in October leading up to the election because there was no positive trending info.

Average # of daily cases on October 1, 2020 = 43,444
Average # of daily cases on November 1, 2020 = 82,833
Dizzy stated that cases were “tending”(I think he meant trending) down before October. I was saying there is no way the media would have reported any good news about COVID prior to the election.

I found headlines in October that dispute what he said completely. In October into November it was being reported that cases were surging, not trending down.

So USC2USC you proved my point as well and Dizzy was incorrect in his saying that cases were trending down prior to October.

Dizzy stated that cases were “tending”(I think he meant trending) down before October. I was saying there is no way the media would have reported any good news about COVID prior to the election.

I found headlines in October that dispute what he said completely. In October into November it was being reported that cases were surging, not trending down.

So USC2USC you proved my point as well and Dizzy was incorrect in his saying that cases were trending down prior to October.
Again I was talking about the direction the numbers were moving. You can pull up the daily numbers and see that through the summer and into September those numbers were often below 40k and on some cases below 30k. It was noted that as cold weather and holidays approached those numbers would likely spike due to increases in indoor gatherings. It was also noted that Thanksgiving and Christmas would lead to spikes which would then lead to sharp trends downward.

Im strictly looking at numbers and commenting on how the opinion people use fear to push conspiracy narratives.

Again I was talking about the direction the numbers were moving. You can pull up the daily numbers and see that through the summer and into September those numbers were often below 40k and on some cases below 30k. It was noted that as cold weather and holidays approached those numbers would likely spike due to increases in indoor gatherings. It was also noted that Thanksgiving and Christmas would lead to spikes which would then lead to sharp trends downward.

Im strictly looking at numbers and commenting on how the opinion people use fear to push conspiracy narratives.
The numbers were moving up through the fall, not trending down before October like you stated...

The numbers were moving up through the fall, not trending down before October like you stated...
Look at the daily numbers for July through September and I think you will see the pattern which shifted again in October.

I get that it won’t change anything because it’s more fun to believe conspiracy things which is why there is a flat earth society but sometimes things really are just what they are.

Look at the daily numbers for July through September and I think you will see the pattern which shifted again in October.

I get that it won’t change anything because it’s more fun to believe conspiracy things which is why there is a flat earth society but sometimes things really are just what they are.
Did you say that numbers were trending down already before October of 2020? Yes you did.

Actual data shows the opposite was true so your statement and argument are moot at this point. Thanks for playing. Tell him what he’s won Jim!!

and your rebuttals are flimsy af too

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT