ADVERTISEMENT

I just saw part of a college football show on ESPN2. The commentator was

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
interviewing dabo and the commentator said I have been to a lot of campus' and saw a lot of nice football buildings. And the first thing they tell me is we have a nice football facility but it's not quempsum nice. Anyway, they showed the quempsum football building and it is out of this world.

From what I've heard ours is very pedestrian, and if that is the case, we are already behind the 8 ball when it comes to recruiting.

Reactions: flyfisher29640
I think that the coaching staff is playing possum on just how nice it will be. The price is higher per square foot than Clemson's but it will not have the bells and whistles. It better be nicer in the fit and finish.

I am whatever about the nap room and all the video games, but I am disappointed the coaches have not gotten behind VR technology at this point.

Is there a finish date yet? End of next year?

Reactions: vehemon
We always have an excuse guess facilities is it now. Next yr the t will be the high school coaches hate us

interviewing dabo and the commentator said I have been to a lot of campus' and saw a lot of nice football buildings. And the first thing they tell me is we have a nice football facility but it's not quempsum nice. Anyway, they showed the quempsum football building and it is out of this world.

From what I've heard ours is very pedestrian, and if that is the case, we are already behind the 8 ball when it comes to recruiting.
Pretty sure that Muschamp said he wanted ours to convey a messsge of work and business, not a theme park, or something along those lines.

Laura on Clemsin...
giphy.gif

Reactions: andypants
I went to google maps and did an aerial and street view of the Tater FOB - it's nice, but not 'drop dead' gorgeous as far as buildings are concerned - at least from it's exterior appearance - we'll be fine, imo. If we need some 'touching up' after it's all done, then fine - get an alum to drop another $3-5 million $$$ on the project and we can all yell, 'Woo-Hoo! We're a damn sight better'n you!'

I think that the coaching staff is playing possum on just how nice it will be. The price is higher per square foot than Clemson's but it will not have the bells and whistles. It better be nicer in the fit and finish.

I am whatever about the nap room and all the video games, but I am disappointed the coaches have not gotten behind VR technology at this point.

Is there a finish date yet? End of next year?

Right, we should play possum so recruits we need TODAY will have no clue how nice the building will be. Makes perfect sense.

Right, we should play possum so recruits we need TODAY will have no clue how nice the building will be. Makes perfect sense.

My point is that you do not need to know what they are doing or Carolina would have give the public more details.

Visicous cycle... you need more and more to attract recruits. Game day is more about players than fans these days, but that's the way it is.... and unfortunately, that means ticket prices go up too! It's the cost of business these days.

Reactions: RockThrillCock
Give them tents, a bow to hunt deer and squirrel, a source of fresh water, and showers. Tell their parents that we're gong to instill discipline and ambition in their sons. We need strong young men, not weak boys on playgrounds. There are plenty of lads their same age fighting wars and working hard jobs. Quit babying these fellows. The more you give them the more spoiled and needy they'll become. We're slowly turning football into foosball.

Pretty sure that Muschamp said he wanted ours to convey a messsge of work and business, not a theme park, or something along those lines.
I have to agree with this. Bells and whistles are nice and all, but the novelty eventually wears off. In a couple years, something else will be what attracts recruits.

And folks...the football ops building is NOT why we are losing recruits to them. That shiny gold trophy has more to do with it than anything right now.

Lets not forget. The town of Clemson has nothing in the way of entertainment for college kids except cheap bars and a movie theater. Dabo has to furnish bells and whistles because of this. Dabo cannot compete with the city of Columbia and the surrounding area. The University is outgrowing tater tech by leaps and bounds in all the areas where it really matters and this growth will benefit all athletics much more than a putt putt course and a sliding board.

Reactions: Lakecock1
They are and always have been steps ahead of us in recruiting, facilities and just the plain will to win.

I figured with the SEC money coming in we would leave them in the dust. Just not happening. It is an arms race and we need vision. We need to build now what othets dont have instead of taking years to build what others have only to be obsolete by the time its finished.

The alternate uniforms finally came through. We need a VR dedicated building to let the players actually play real life war games like call of duty but in person like paint ball but with lazers. We need trolly trains taking players n students to the stadium, we must bring the campus to the stadium.

We need an imax type theatre for video games, movies, games whatever but an imax would blow recruits away

It's amazing what winning can do! If we really win this year we could probably pack the old Field House.

Our buildings are all prettier than theirs already. That campus seriously has zero appeal.

A UGA fan on Dawgchat asked ' What's the Clemson campus like?' The reply from a long-time Dawg fan was as follows: 'It's REALLY a remote place - not a college town - just a college in the woods mostly. The buildings are very plain, functional, without a campus 'look' except for the brick building with a clock tower (Tillman Hall), and it looks more like a cotton mill than a college administration building. You'll crawl back to Athens and kiss The Arch!'

Last edited:
They are and always have been steps ahead of us in recruiting, facilities and just the plain will to win.

I figured with the SEC money coming in we would leave them in the dust. Just not happening. It is an arms race and we need vision. We need to build now what othets dont have instead of taking years to build what others have only to be obsolete by the time its finished.

The alternate uniforms finally came through. We need a VR dedicated building to let the players actually play real life war games like call of duty but in person like paint ball but with lazers. We need trolly trains taking players n students to the stadium, we must bring the campus to the stadium.

We need an imax type theatre for video games, movies, games whatever but an imax would blow recruits away
I see what you do in your free time.

I was talking to an ex Ohio State player and current Buckeye booster and he said that OSU was building a nice football facility. When we discussed Clemson's, he said, "Well lets be realistic here, whiffle ball games, putt putt courses, bowling alleys and sliding boards are nice recruiting features for Mom and Dad to see on the visit, but players will never spend any time there for recreation. They care about two things and are going to go where they can get it when they aren't practicing and that is pot and p#**y."

Reactions: CockIN73
I was talking to an ex Ohio State player and current Buckeye booster and he said that OSU was building a nice football facility. When we discussed Clemson's, he said, "Well lets be realistic here, whiffle ball games, putt putt courses, bowling alleys and sliding boards are nice recruiting features for Mom and Dad to see on the visit, but players will never spend any time there for recreation. They care about two things and are going to go where they can get it when they aren't practicing and that is pot and p#**y."

Oh, there's something missing in DablowLand: Clemson recently announced that they're building a chapel on campus. When their football players finish practice, they'll hop on over to church and pray for their enemies to be punished with losses - to the Taters, of course!

Last edited:
Lets not forget. The town of Clemson has nothing in the way of entertainment for college kids except cheap bars and a movie theater. Dabo has to furnish bells and whistles because of this. Dabo cannot compete with the city of Columbia and the surrounding area. The University is outgrowing tater tech by leaps and bounds in all the areas where it really matters and this growth will benefit all athletics much more than a putt putt course and a sliding board.

What's funny is that I don't think they have a movie theater. And they only have like 5 bars, all of which close at midnight on Saturday's... LAAAAMMMEEE

I think ours will have a built-in baptismal pool which will be right across the hall from the built-in bordello.

but wouldn't you want the public and media know so more recruits would hear about it?

They are not worried about recruits that they are not talking to directly. The people that need to know, know and all the others will find out and be looking to catch up later. No need giving a head start. I had a recruits father tell me that Clemson was push their designs to them more than two years before they announced they were making theirs

They are not worried about recruits that they are not talking to directly. The people that need to know, know and all the others will find out and be looking to catch up later. No need giving a head start. I had a recruits father tell me that Clemson was push their designs to them more than two years before they announced they were making theirs
That's my point, I would think you would want to showcase your plans so everyone would know about and be interested in it. Not just show it to the recruits you are interested in. It might catch the attention of a recruit in Texas who would otherwise not know anything about the football program. Just like Clemson, they started selling their facility design and plans to recruits...maybe that helped land a few knowing the facility would be ready for use by the Jr /Sr year. I think SC is dropping the ball here. Don't get me wrong, it will be nice and state of the art, but it sounds like it is going to be all business...a place to lift weights, watch film, eat and practice. Do you work and leave. The little extras like a slide, bowling alley, putt putt, game rooms, movie theatre, etc. creates an environment the player wants to be in long after the work is done. And if they are building team relationships in that facility 24/7, then they are not out getting in trouble.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT