ADVERTISEMENT

I need a translator, please......

ansoncock

Gold Member
Mar 14, 2001
“You got to ask them,” Martin said when asked why his starting guards struggled against a Stetson defense that entered ranked No. 342 in adjusted defensive efficiency. “You’re asking me to speak on something that I only have one kind of answer for right now and it’s not fair for them for me to express publicly what I think. So next time you have a press conference, ask for them and ask them that question. If you ask me the next time you see me, I would have had conversations with them so I can tell you what they told me.”

https://www.thestate.com/sports/col...ina/usc-mens-basketball/article238834068.html

So, the next time several players have a bad combined game, the sports journalists in the press conference should not ask the coach why they had such a bad time until he has had time to talk to the players, but should request to speak directly with the players who choked, and let them explain their poor performance?

I don't understand. Andrew Ramspacher did not explain this. Please, someone, explain this to me.

“You got to ask them,” Martin said when asked why his starting guards struggled against a Stetson defense that entered ranked No. 342 in adjusted defensive efficiency. “You’re asking me to speak on something that I only have one kind of answer for right now and it’s not fair for them for me to express publicly what I think. So next time you have a press conference, ask for them and ask them that question. If you ask me the next time you see me, I would have had conversations with them so I can tell you what they told me.”

https://www.thestate.com/sports/col...ina/usc-mens-basketball/article238834068.html

So, the next time several players have a bad combined game, the sports journalists in the press conference should not ask the coach why they had such a bad time until he has had time to talk to the players, but should request to speak directly with the players who choked, and let them explain their poor performance?

I don't understand. Andrew Ramspacher did not explain this. Please, someone, explain this to me.
Frank is saying his players were worthless and it's not fair to them for him to denounce them publicly like that. So until he gets the answer they want to give, he won't comment.

I think, in Frank's roundabout way, he is saying "If I can't say anything nice, I'm not going to say anything at all." He didn't have nice thoughts about his guards.

I'm getting tired of his antics. He needs to man-up, take responsibility, and tally more wins or else he needs to move on.

I think, in Frank's roundabout way, he is saying "If I can't say anything nice, I'm not going to say anything at all." He didn't have nice thoughts about his guards.

I'm getting tired of his antics. He needs to man-up, take responsibility, and tally more wins or else he needs to move on.

Might have been better if he and the staff had prepared the guards for the powerful Stetson onslaught on the home court.

He should’ve said “We, wasn’t prepared and as a collective we gotta get better. Frank is pushing everything on the players, instead of saying they need to come up with better game plans. His attitude is ridiculous I don’t see how anybody can put up with that.

Tanner got some heat for Martin's behavior at the game and gave Frank a wrist slap.This is just typical Martin passive-aggressive BS.

Reactions: Brace1
Might have been better if he and the staff had prepared the guards for the powerful Stetson onslaught on the home court.
Yes, the powerhouse team Stetson that was picked to finish last in their conference!

Shame on Frank for allowing such a non-conference powerhouse program on the schedule, he know's he could never prepare his team for such a challenge!

Reactions: ansoncock
I'm not a fan of placing blame on someone else that is under you. If I own a factory, and we are supposed to make 10,000 widgets a day, and we only make 5,000, I can't go and say it's the workers fault because they didn't work hard enough. I'm the boss, and it's my job to figure out how to make 10,000 a day. Frank is the boss. It's his job to figure out how to get the best out of his players. If they aren't playing like they should, he needs to examine what he is doing to motivate them.

This is coaching 101, you can't allow this short of a "flu epidemic" or something of that magnitude, to show this poor of a performance. There is no way, short of a miracle, that we make the dance this year. And if we don't, he needs to be terminated on the spot. This is ridiculous.

Reactions: Brace1
This is coaching 101, you can't allow this short of a "flu epidemic" or something of that magnitude, to show this poor of a performance. There is no way, short of a miracle, that we make the dance this year. And if we don't, he needs to be terminated on the spot. This is ridiculous.
Maybe it was players not playing their assignments as they had been coached and that’s why Frank said you would have to ask the players why they didn’t play the way they had been coached to play.

Reactions: ansoncock
"Maybe it was players not playing their assignments as they had been coached and that’s why Frank said you would have to ask the players why they didn’t play the way they had been coached to play."

************************************************************************************

You are giving Coach the benefit of the doubt. I like that. However, this game is hauntingly similar to some of the non-conference games at the start of last season.

Do we detect a pattern here?

Last edited:

IMO, it's additional evidence the end is near. The loss to Stetson sent us to #137 in the RPI rank and 8-5 to round out the pre-conference schedule.

The pre-conference schedule represents over 40% of the season. This period also represents a time when Frank regularly teaches life-lessons at the cost of a future post-season bid.

We would likely have to go 12-6 in conference play, along with at least two wins in the SEC tournament at have even a shot at an NCAA bid. The only year we posted a 12-6 in SEC play was the Final Four run.

You are giving Coach the benefit of the doubt. I like that. However, this game is hauntingly similar to some of the non-conference games at the start of last season.

Do we detect a pattern here?
Also, reminiscent of Coppin State, Richmond and Little Eddie Fogler.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT