ADVERTISEMENT

I was expecting some type of surprise today with recruiting.

uscfutbol

Nov 28, 2012
I guess all the noise was just that, noise.

Hopefully we get some players in the portal between now and the new year.

Actually Beamer & Staff have done a pretty darn good job. Add in Rattler and Stogner from the portal with the new signees and i am feeling good about the future of the program.
Rattler is likely a one and done. Glad we picked him up but he's not a long term solution.

Bringing him in has created a buzz which could help recruiting down the road. We need our recruiting classes to be in the top half of the SEC.

Rattler is likely a one and done. Glad we picked him up but he's not a long term solution.

Bringing him in has created a buzz which could help recruiting down the road. We need our recruiting classes to be in the top half of the SEC.
THIS, @ a MINIMUM...NO excuse to not be playing w/ the "big boys", esp. w/ all that SEC $$$ we have!...RMO III

No clear starter QB for the bowl game is quite the surprise.
I'd like to see Colton Gauthier get the Bowl Game start and see what he can do with the team after the transition of the players that have left and the ones that have healed up from the bumps and bruises from the regular season. He is more mobile than Noland and we might see some surprising play from him. Wouldn't he still be able to redshirt if he plays? (GO COCKS... BEAT THE TARHOLES)

I'd like to see Colton Gauthier get the Bowl Game start and see what he can do with the team after the transition of the players that have left and the ones that have healed up from the bumps and bruises from the regular season. He is more mobile than Noland and we might see some surprising play from him. Wouldn't he still be able to redshirt if he plays? (GO COCKS... BEAT THE TARHOLES)
I'm hoping the same, but have a bad feeling. Sucks that Tarholes' QB decided to come back for the bowl game to pad his stats before the draft. Was there a reason Brown entered the portal now, seeing he's not going pro, and has plenty of competition in the portal? Did he have to declare he was going to the portal today for transfer compliance reasons?

I'm fine with Rattler being one and done. We NEED legitimate P5 players on the field at every position. He gives us this. He's our biggest recruit...and he will be a one year guy most likely.
I think the suprises will come in the next year or so. I'm hoping some of these lower starred guys were just overlooked...and our staff found some gems. It could happen. Fingers crossed.

I will say that I don't love the LATE signings of a few 2 stars. If you believe you stole a guy (no matter the "star" value) then sign him in April (etc). Maybe some of these guys had breakout years at HS Seniors. But...if we signed 3-4 two star guys all within the last two weeks as filler....we will see how that works out.

Reactions: broken_cock_
Dropping out of the top 20 for some on here must be a surprise and devastating. Maybe they come back to earth.
Recruits watch recruiting news too. When an SEC school, in the capital city of that state, can't lure the limited top in-state talent, it doesn't promote the best image as a go-to destination for out-of state recruits. Of course, Tatertown has been attracting most of them, but we should be getting the majority of what's left.

Yes, he would...that's why we should start him - or ATLEAST play him for a few series to see what he can do in live / game action...RMO III

Reactions: macaroni#
I'm hoping the same, but have a bad feeling. Sucks that Tarholes' QB decided to come back for the bowl game to pad his stats before the draft. Was there a reason Brown entered the portal now, seeing he's not going pro, and has plenty of competition in the portal? Did he have to declare he was going to the portal today for transfer compliance reasons?
I heard from a friend that watched the first practice and said that Noland got the majority of he snaps, meaning that he was probably going to start the bowl game.

NSD is not as exciting as it once was. Over on CockyTalk there were people like Six Stars and Atlanta Guy that added a lot of knowledge to the process. Anyone know what happened to those guys? I seem to remember the site crashing a time or two because of all of the traffic. I think Clowny had the record for most posts regarding his recruitment and Lattimore was second but i may be wrong on that. I miss those days. Guess i am just getting old......

Reactions: 92Pony
I heard from a friend that watched the first practice and said that Noland got the majority of he snaps, meaning that he was probably going to start the bowl game.
That probably sounds about right if that's the case I don't blame Jason. He has been done like crap . He gives you the biggest two wins on the season and still he's jerked around. If that's true that's on the coaches.

Dropping out of the top 20 for some on here must be a surprise and devastating. Maybe they come back to earth.
Not surprised. We recruiting generally in the low 20s. Only concern is that there’s 10 other SEC teams and Clemson above us. We’re 5th in the SEC East in recruiting, generally don’t see Kentucky and Mizz both ahead of us. So of the teams we play every year 6 to 7 are out recruiting us.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I guess all the noise was just that, noise.

Hopefully we get some players in the portal between now and the new year.
Not near as many surprises with the early signing day. We’ve gotten used to the February day where it’s crazy. Still players out there to get a surprise.

Recruits watch recruiting news too. When an SEC school, in the capital city of that state, can't lure the limited top in-state talent, it doesn't promote the best image as a go-to destination for out-of state recruits. Of course, Tatertown has been attracting most of them, but we should be getting the majority of what's left.
Would have liked to have gotten the WR that ended up at Clemson. We realkky needed him.

so what?...we STILL should be competing w/ the "big boys"...NO excuse not to!...RMO III
Go back and look at the $$$ spent on recruiting by all teams in the SEC. Carolina is near the bottom every year over the last 10 years. School just isn’t going to allow those dollars to be spent on football. Big reason why we will be stuck near the bottom for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: king ward
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT