ADVERTISEMENT

I wonder if this is the first time a team scores on the first

Judson1

Jul 31, 2008
play. Then gives up half a hundred unanswered before halftime?
Bamas mighty good!

I know it isn’t exactly the same, but it sorts of reminds me of when Derek Watson returned the kick for us to go up 7-0 on UF only to get trounced for the rest of the game...
Was that the game we went up 14-0 to UF before getting trounced? I think one of TDS was the result of a blocked punt. This was circa 2000.

Was that the game we went up 14-0 to UF before getting trounced? I think one of TDS was the result of a blocked punt. This was circa 2000.
Or the 2000 game where we were up 21-3 and lost 41-21. Think we stopped em on 3rd down up 21-3 and spurrier called a fake punt and they got it and scored, and scored, scored some more

Reactions: Out of Conference
Or the 2000 game where we were up 21-3 and lost 41-21. Think we stopped em on 3rd down up 21-3 and spurrier called a fake punt and they got it and scored, and scored, scored some more
Also, in that same game, I think while the score was still 21-3, we had a DB break on an out pattern and drop an interception that would have been an easy pic-6. UF ended up driving and scoring a TD on that same drive. I think if we would have gone up 28-3, we would have won that game.

Reactions: Judson1
Have there ever been a team to score on the 1st play and not score again ?

I remember SOS saying, I think it was when we beat quempsum at WB, when the real fast receiver/kickoff returner for the taters, returned the first kickoff of the game for a TD. I'm paraphrasing but SOS said there was just something about scoring a real quick TD at the beginning of the game that made a team relax and it usually ended up being bad for said team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Judson1
I remember SOS saying, I think it was when we beat quempsum at WB, when the real fast receiver/kickoff returner for the taters, returned the first kickoff of the game for a TD. I'm paraphrasing but SOS said there was just something about scoring a real quick TD at the beginning of the game that made a team relax and it usually ended up being bad for said team.

We kicked off and there was some penalty. For some reason we had to kick again and I had a bad feeling. Sure enough, Spiller took it the distance. There were three or four games them where we fell behind real early yet came back to win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT