ADVERTISEMENT

I wonder if this is the first time a team scores on the first

Judson1

Jul 31, 2008
play. Then gives up half a hundred unanswered before halftime?
Bamas mighty good!

I know it isn’t exactly the same, but it sorts of reminds me of when Derek Watson returned the kick for us to go up 7-0 on UF only to get trounced for the rest of the game...
Was that the game we went up 14-0 to UF before getting trounced? I think one of TDS was the result of a blocked punt. This was circa 2000.

Was that the game we went up 14-0 to UF before getting trounced? I think one of TDS was the result of a blocked punt. This was circa 2000.
Or the 2000 game where we were up 21-3 and lost 41-21. Think we stopped em on 3rd down up 21-3 and spurrier called a fake punt and they got it and scored, and scored, scored some more

Reactions: Out of Conference
Or the 2000 game where we were up 21-3 and lost 41-21. Think we stopped em on 3rd down up 21-3 and spurrier called a fake punt and they got it and scored, and scored, scored some more
Also, in that same game, I think while the score was still 21-3, we had a DB break on an out pattern and drop an interception that would have been an easy pic-6. UF ended up driving and scoring a TD on that same drive. I think if we would have gone up 28-3, we would have won that game.

Reactions: Judson1
Have there ever been a team to score on the 1st play and not score again ?

I remember SOS saying, I think it was when we beat quempsum at WB, when the real fast receiver/kickoff returner for the taters, returned the first kickoff of the game for a TD. I'm paraphrasing but SOS said there was just something about scoring a real quick TD at the beginning of the game that made a team relax and it usually ended up being bad for said team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Judson1
I remember SOS saying, I think it was when we beat quempsum at WB, when the real fast receiver/kickoff returner for the taters, returned the first kickoff of the game for a TD. I'm paraphrasing but SOS said there was just something about scoring a real quick TD at the beginning of the game that made a team relax and it usually ended up being bad for said team.

We kicked off and there was some penalty. For some reason we had to kick again and I had a bad feeling. Sure enough, Spiller took it the distance. There were three or four games them where we fell behind real early yet came back to win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT