ADVERTISEMENT

I would like to have a intelligent discussion about the horrible shooting that occurred today in Boulder, Co. No politics allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm saying that the semiautomatic AR-15 was not designed for war, it was a modification of the weapon designed for war but it is not the same weapon. What is your point?

Unfortunately, I can’t force you to admit or accept that you are wrong.

"Shall not infringe"... infringe - act so as to limit or undermine (something); encroach on

No one is infringing on your right to own a firearm, which is what the 2nd Amedment is all about. Now... your right to own ammo is never mentioned in the 2nd Amendment... that is not a constitutional right as of today. So... I think that could work constitutionally.
So legislating what people can or can’t own isn’t infringement? Well that’s news.

Reactions: AsTheCockCrows
Unfortunately, I can’t force you to admit or accept that you are wrong.

I’m not shutting down the conversation. Let’s say you are right. What is your point? Do you want to remove all weapons that can be used in war? Remove all weapons if they have a military origin?

What if I told you there are other countries where gun ownership is not illegal that don't have the gun violence issues we have? I can tell you one thing. A very good way to lower gun violence in this country would be to better enforce laws that are already on the books. A lot of gun crimes are perpetrated by people either out on bail or fresh out of jail.
Or people who end up not being charged at all, and therefore slipping through the background check.

Reactions: TheReelEss
Absolutely not. Either you are imagining that conversation or you’re attributing to me something said by someone else. I spoke about self defense and asked when that became illegal.

You can try to back track and save face if it makes you feel better, but as long as you admit you’re not actually going to use your weapons when the government comes to confiscate them my point stands.

I’m not shutting down the conversation. Let’s say you are right. What is your point? Do you want to remove all weapons that can be used in war? Remove all weapons if they have a military origin?

My point from the very beginning is I don’t understand why you need weapons designed for war.

Ive already dunked on you like ten times on here what do you want?

Dunked on me lol. Are you 12?

Admit there is no ”gun show loophole”
Individuals can sell to each other legally (if both can own guns) anywhere - gun show or alley or Walmart parking lot. The term
Is made up to scare people that gun shows are bad and all kinds of illegal activity going on.

You knew Biden was just waiting for an opportunity to push gun control instead of addressing mental illness and radical terrorists.

Reactions: Gaimcock
You can try to back track and save face if it makes you feel better, but as long as you admit you’re not actually going to use your weapons when the government comes to confiscate them my point stands.
Again. You are mistaken about MY post. I never said a word about the government.

My point from the very beginning is I don’t understand why you need weapons designed for war.

Was a Luger designed for war? Yes. So what? Why should it be illegal to own? Many weapons were designed for war. Why is this important to you?

Dunked on me lol. Are you 12?

Admit there is no ”gun show loophole”
Individuals can sell to each other legally (if both can own guns) anywhere - gun show or alley or Walmart parking lot. The term
Is made up to scare people that gun shows are bad and all kinds of illegal activity going on.
The gun show term is used because that’s where it was most prevalent at when they gave the term - not sure why you are so upset about it. I have been to plenty of gun shows. Weird

Yeah sure individuals should sell to others as long as the other goes through a background check to make sure they are not a criminal - I am not sure why you are upset over that.

If you want to buy a gun, pass a background check. Simple as that

Reactions: Dizzy01
The gun show term is used because that’s where it was most prevalent at when they gave the term - not sure why you are so upset about it. I have been to plenty of gun shows. Weird

Yeah sure individuals should sell to others as long as the other goes through a background check to make sure they are not a criminal - I am not sure why you are upset over that.

But you really don’t mean “to buy a gun”. You mean “to own a gun”. Someone can give a gun away but you are ok if no background check if a gun is given away? Probably just a typo.

e59ab5e752105cd9d5b13f64554a6e03.jpg

Just for your personal knowledge, but when you defend someone else’s post you take ownership of their argument as well.
And that post was about defending their personal Liberty. As in the right to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. So maybe your problem is you’re too busy reading between the lines instead of reading THE lines.

Read what I wrote in the reply below. We are actually in agreement believe it or not.

And that post was about defending their personal Liberty. As in the right to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. So maybe your problem is you’re too busy reading between the lines instead of reading THE lines.

maybe you should actually formulate legitimate arguments instead of arbitrary concepts.

But you really don’t mean “to buy a gun”. You mean “to own a gun”. Someone can give a gun away but you are ok if no background check if a gun is given away? Probably just a typo.
To transfer registration of the gun, does that clarify it? If you give the gun away the gun and it’s still registered under your name you are still responsible for it - even if stolen you have to report it stolen

I don’t know, but it might. Was this a mentally ill guy who snapped, a terrorist act of some sort, or an ordinary crime gone terribly wrong? Should existing laws have prevented him having the weapon in the first place? Right now we don’t know any of that.

As for “weapons of mass destruction”, I’m not sure what you mean. Generally civilians can’t possess things like grenades, anti-tank missiles, flamethrowers, claymore mines, mortars, RPGs or machine guns( generally the ATF definition of “destructive device”), and I don’t think anyone would seriously want their own fighter jet, complete with tactical nuke or 2000lb. laser guided bomb. Originally it was muskets, pistols, swords and bayonets (basically the individual military weapons of the time, and generally until 1934, no one seemed to have an issue with civilians owning the more modern versions of the same (Thompson submachine guns and the BAR were legal for civilian possession and use until then). The semi-auto M1 Garand, the semi-auto M1 Carbine, and the M1A1 (semi-auto-only version of the M14) are all civilian legal, and those are definitely military weapons (actually, the M1A1 with scope, known as the M21, is still in military use as a weapon for Designated Marksmen). If any of those has ever been involved in a mass shooting incident, I am not aware of it. My guess would be the Founders intended for the armed citizen to have whatever the standard individual infantry weapon is. Personally, I don’t have a dog in the “assault rifle" hunt (I personally despise the AR-15/M-16 platform anyway, probably because of negative experience with reliability of the original version). If I needed a combat rifle, I’d feel better with the M1A1 or the old Garand (I can put down accurate fire with that, including reloads, nearly as fast as I can with a clip fed rifle anyway). For home defense, nothing out there beats a 12 Gauge Pump shotgun with 00 buck.
But I want grenades just in case.

Reactions: vacock#
Read what I wrote in the reply below. We are actually in agreement believe it or not.

I saw that that’s why I was so confused you were arguing against it - I wasn’t using it as pejorative for gun shows but as the mechanics of the loop hole

To transfer registration of the gun, does that clarify it? If you give the gun away the gun and it’s still registered under your name you are still responsible for it - even if stolen you have to report it stolen

Sorry, don’t own a gun. I didn’t think that we have to register all guns in the USA. If the governmentknows where the guns are, then they can come and take them at the end of their guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT