ADVERTISEMENT

If I Were in Charge of Marketing, I Would Have Done the Following at Saturday's Football Game...

LaborLawyer

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2004
  • I would have had some amazing highlights of Jackie Bradley, Jr.'s huge at bats during the American League Championship Series, and I would have had some great shots of JBJ with the ALCS MVP Award...(I would have also shown Steve Pearce's homer and double in the ALCS)...
  • I would have shown JBJ's dramatic, game-tying Home Run in Game 3 of the World Series (which was the 18 inning marathon game that Boston lost)...
  • I would have been closely monitoring Game 4 of the World Series and would have been prepared to show any highlights on the part of JBJ or Steve Pearce...We, and all of the fans around us, were monitoring the World Series game during the football game...At the very end of the football game, we knew that Steve Pearce had tied the game up at 4 - 4 with a Home Run...This should have been shown on the Video Board right after the game ended, and after the Alma Mater had been sung...(By the time Pearce hit his 3 run double in the 9th, the Stadium was empty)...
This 8th Inning Homer by Pearce Should Have Been Shown on the Video Board at the End of the Game...

It is one thing to honor people at some later date. However, it is DYNAMIC and EXCITING to recognize -- in real time -- that former Gamecock Greats are shining on the world stage. [The Boston Celtics showed Jackie Bradley, Jr.'s Home Run in the American League Championship Series that took place while the Celtics were playing a home game...and the fans at the Boston Garden erupted and started changing, "JBJ, JBJ, JBJ."]

I can remember when Jackie Bradley, Jr. made the AL All-Star team, and when Justin Smoak made the AL All-Star team -- and what a big fuss was made over these minor accomplishments in comparison to having two (2) starters on a World Series team that had the best record in Major League Baseball.

Major League Baseball would have given USC permission to show clips of JBJ and Pearce.

I thought this was a missed opportunity by USC.

Note: I think USC does a great job with its sports marketing. You have not heard me complain about USC's sports marketing. I am not bashing USC. I simply want USC to seize the opportunity to showcase former players who are performing on the world stage...like the Super Bowl and the World Series.

usa_today_10587805.0.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News